1. 1. Pick a Word to Describe How You feel about this Sox season

• Embarrassed
    • Just sad
    • Happy, hell we've had way worse years
    • Furious.
    • Apathetic
    • None of the Above
    • All of the above

I picked embarrassed even though our record isn't THAT bad compared to some historically bad seasons.

Explanation: I feel like we've had way more than a couple amateurish losses in which no way we could lose that game but YES indeed we lost that game.

I feel like we trot out some HORRIFIC relievers and spot starters.

I feel like almost all our recent acquisitions stink (Frazier has been productive at least despite the .200 batting average).

I feel like our highest paid players don't care/and or suck.

I feel our manager is one of the worst in team history. Second to Bevvs.

I feel like hiding in a closet whenever we play a Central Division team.

I feel like we laid down and died after winning the first two vs. the Cubs.

And I feel our front office is close to clueless. Sorry Mr. Hahn if you read this. You seem like a nice person.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Sep 2, 2016 -> 08:17 PM)
Understanding and also patience. The Sox have had a lot of bad luck, bad breaks and bad timing.

There is a plenty of time until Opening Day 2017 to improve the team.

Hey, with this attitude you are battling El Rockin for "best fan ever" award.

For the 4th year in a row I will be glad when this White Sox 2016 season comes to an end. I already wish it was over with. I'm a season ticket holder and I'm still going to go to the remaining games but my heart isn't in this anymore. I'm tired of losing for years and I'm tired of meaningless baseball games in September.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2016 -> 04:42 PM)
Hey, with this attitude you are battling El Rockin for "best fan ever" award.

or maybe most naive but I'm OK with that as well because major baseball is just a game which I am able to put it in context.

OK, my favorite baseball team was awful this season but I am reasonably happy, healthy, am doing well in business . I have good family and friends and I am still going to enjoy a couple of beers this weekend. I'll tolerate the rest of the season and will then look forward to the off season to see what moves are made.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Sep 2, 2016 -> 09:53 PM)
or maybe most naive but I'm OK with that as well because major baseball is just a game which I am able to put it in context.

OK, my favorite baseball team was awful this season but I am reasonably happy, healthy, am doing well in business . I have good family and friends and I am still going to enjoy a couple of beers this weekend. I'll tolerate the rest of the season and will then look forward to the off season to see what moves are made.

For some reason I tend to get very mad when we suck. I wish I could change.

Apathy.

I went from watching every game years ago with a partial season ticket plan. Then to going to some games, still watching it all the time. Then to going to a game or two a year. Now I think I have watched maybe a handful of games this year and went to opening day because the owner of my company gave me tickets.

Right now there is no plan. We are just adrift hoping to avoid sinking and our only prayer is if all of the other ships sink simultaneously.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Sep 2, 2016 -> 02:17 PM)
Understanding and also patience. The Sox have had a lot of bad luck, bad breaks and bad timing.

"Luck is the reside of design..." ---Hall of Fame executive Branch Rickey.

Mark

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Sep 2, 2016 -> 03:17 PM)

Insert same thought process for 2013, 2014, 2015

What sort of bad luck, bad timing and breaks caused pretty much near the worst record in MLB since early May?

How about instead of the usual inane corporate speak from the FO as to what the "new plan" is, or Kenny Williams spouting, "we'll figure it out", the fans hear " we're embarrassed as an organization and we know the fans deserve better. There will be shake ups in the organization to end this run of bad, mediocre baseball"

QUOTE (captain54 @ Sep 3, 2016 -> 04:28 PM)
Insert same thought process for 2013, 2014, 2015

What sort of bad luck, bad timing and breaks caused pretty much near the worst record in MLB since early May?

How about instead of the usual inane corporate speak from the FO as to what the "new plan" is, or Kenny Williams spouting, "we'll figure it out", the fans hear " we're embarrassed as an organization and we know the fans deserve better. There will be shake ups in the organization to end this run of bad, mediocre baseball"

This proves we're really not competing against the Cubs and are in a kind media market. Think if there was a really negative media member like Mariotti around? If somebody was around to rip the Sox on a daily basis and compare their s***show to the Cubs, it might change the perception. the media is just ignoring the Sox instead of blasting the organization daily. It's probably because there basically is no media anymore with all the outlets running bare-bones operations.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 3, 2016 -> 12:37 PM)
This proves we're really not competing against the Cubs and are in a kind media market. Think if there was a really negative media member like Mariotti around? If somebody was around to rip the Sox on a daily basis and compare their s***show to the Cubs, it might change the perception. the media is just ignoring the Sox instead of blasting the organization daily. It's probably because there basically is no media anymore with all the outlets running bare-bones operations.

the only news media outlet in Chicago that anyone really pays attention to anymore is the Tribune. and even though they relinquished a great majority of their stake in the Cubs 7 yrs ago, you will still have Sox fans claiming Cub bias when anyone of the Trib writers goes all negative on the Sox…. which is something I never quite understood….

It was easy to see coming in a general way...just not that 23-10 start.

Go back to the May 6th game thread, though, and many were seriously wondering if they would ever recover...that's how shaky things already felt with Latos, Rollins and the catching situation, not to mention Abreu.

The truly scary part is we're at 20 games below .500 with Tim Anderson performing better than most expected (exceot for his propensity to hit into so many DPs with elite speed.) And we can't count on regression from division foes, either.

Edited by caulfield12

I don't think anyone was advocating go after Shields entering the 2014-15 offseason.

This is almost two full seasons later...everyone could see his stuff degrading with KC in 2013 and especially the following year. There's just no way you can throw 200+ innings for so many consecutive seasons without it catching up to you. It even took a huge toll on Buehrle, who never got by with his arsenal of pitches alone.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 4, 2016 -> 01:54 AM)
I don't think anyone was advocating go after Shields entering the 2014-15 offseason.

This is almost two full seasons later...everyone could see his stuff degrading with KC in 2013 and especially the following year. There's just no way you can throw 200+ innings for so many consecutive seasons without it catching up to you. It even took a huge toll on Buehrle, who never got by with his arsenal of pitches alone.

Sox could have talked Buehrle into pitching for pennies this year and kept Danks and worked with him. Danks could have been no worse than Shields, Albers and the like. Fire Hahn. Fire Robin. SELL THE TEAM Jerry.