Police keep killing black people

Quin

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 22, 2016 -> 04:09 PM)
Does it have to be one or the other? Individuals who hurt others who don't deserve it are all wrong in my book. Regardless of job, color, sex, etc. The old two wrongs don't make a right saying.

Agreed.

Both are terrible at this moment.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Sep 22, 2016 -> 04:13 PM)
The people rioting are doing more harm than good. They're providing the justification for cops to act like assholes. "See how out of control these people act? Who knows what can happen. That's why I shot, I was afraid of what they might do!"

Like I said, the question is quickly becoming who deserves to die more; innocent cops or innocent civilians.

The protesters are back on a Charlotte highway. This is where I draw the line and say, "Arrest them all." OK ... every protester knows it is very very wrong and dangerous to be out protesting on a highway where the speed limit is 70. They are doing this pure and simply to cause trouble. Lock them up. They deserve to be charged and convicted of a crime.

There's no reason to be out on the highway. Protest in the city until curfew hits all you want. The second you break a window. The second you shake a car or jump on the hood of a car, bye bye. You are going to jail!

p.s.people throwing rocks off overpasses at cars ... not cool. How bout attempted murder charges there??

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 23, 2016 -> 12:03 AM)
Can't they just protest peacefully which I support? Why do they always have to loot and tear up neighborhoods, same thing every time. License to steal 101.

They have been peaceful in Tulsa.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 22, 2016 -> 09:40 PM)
They have been peaceful in Tulsa.

Probably because they charged the officer with manslaughter. That charge in itself is the DA going for the jugular.

If a DA charges a cop with murder, they are trying to help them get off.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 23, 2016 -> 06:33 AM)
Part of that is fear. Tulsa, OK has to be one of the worst possible places in the country for black people to live. Look at that town's history, and look at the current politics there and in Oklahoma generally.

Literal aerial bombing of "Black Wall Street" in the 20's in Tulsa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_riot

This release of the video in Charlotte is horrifying. This is murder. In cold blood. Look the cops made the decision to shoot this guy. They must pay. Throw them all in jail for the rest of their lives. How can you watch this video and not be disgusted with cops??? They didn't need to murder this guy. My gawd. In this case, I agree with the "f*** the police" chant. I am sick over this.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/23/us/charlotte...ideo/index.html

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 23, 2016 -> 08:24 PM)
White chick at my school:

Guys it's easy to not got killed by police, just comply with their orders."

White privilege at its finest.

It seems to me cops don't value lives of the people they serve. In the Charlotte murder, if they valued life, they would not have been in this guy's face watching his every move and looking for the right moment to kill him.

They would have gone back to the woman who was screaming at the cops to not kill him and had her negotiate. The cops could have taken cover and waited the guy out by the car. He wasn't going anywhere. Why do these situations escalate so quickly to where they go ahead and murder the guy who has done nothing wrong except not comply completely?

Cops don't value lives. How else can you explain them pulling the trigger so quick? That woman was screaming the guy didn't have a gun. s***, after they killed him, why didn't they kill her too? She approached in menacing fashion while filming. Why not think things out and consider their options. They could have negotiated or waited the guy out and seen he didnt have a gun. But noooooo ... they shoot the guy and end the life of somebody who had no gun.

Cops are doing a very poor job and ultimately hurting themselves. 10 or more cops were hurt the first night of riots in Charlotte. There would be peace if they made better decisions regarding the harmless guy they killed!

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 23, 2016 -> 03:04 PM)
This release of the video in Charlotte is horrifying. This is murder. In cold blood. Look the cops made the decision to shoot this guy. They must pay. Throw them all in jail for the rest of their lives. How can you watch this video and not be disgusted with cops??? They didn't need to murder this guy. My gawd. In this case, I agree with the "f*** the police" chant. I am sick over this.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/23/us/charlotte...ideo/index.html

It may or may not be murder, but you can't tell a damn thing on that video. The sound is good, that is helpful. But visually, you can barely even see the guy who got shot OR the cops. This is more useful as audio than video.

The thing that is standing out to me about this case is the brain injury. That could explain a lot. Also just adds to the sadness of this whole thing.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 23, 2016 -> 10:25 PM)
It may or may not be murder, but you can't tell a damn thing on that video. The sound is good, that is helpful. But visually, you can barely even see the guy who got shot OR the cops. This is more useful as audio than video.

The thing that is standing out to me about this case is the brain injury. That could explain a lot. Also just adds to the sadness of this whole thing.

Good post.

Like I said earlier, cops in these incidents either are pure evil or some of the dumbest individuals alive. They can't come up with suitable solutions that don't involve killing people. They frankly should be ashamed of themselves. And like I said if they are evil, in this Charlotte case it's haunting them cause all it's done is cause a dozen or more of their fellow police to suffer injuries so far with the rioters throwing s*** at the cops.

• 2 months later...
QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 02:52 PM)
If you can't convict that guy, you can't convict any police officer.

What's wrong with shooting a guy in the back and then planting the taser or gun next to him so obviously on camera?

• 4 months later...
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 1, 2017 -> 10:19 AM)
Anyone check out NatGeo's special last night about the '92 LA riots? I heard some good things and DVR'd it. Hope to watch tonight.

There are about 4 different versions out there of this. I watched the ABC (Let it fall) one last night and another one on History (can't remember the name). I have two different Nat Geo ones on my DVR to watch next. Super interesting stuff in the first two. Looking forward to the next two.