Podcasts

Middle Buffalo

On 12/9/2020 at 6:03 PM, southsider2k5 said:

Blindspot, road to 9-11 was excellent .

Trump Inc is a great listen

I listened to both, and both were good.

The Trump Inc one gets a little repetitive, but it shines a pretty bright light on the amount of corruption he has been involved in for his entire career.

Sadly, I’m sure a deeper dive on many of our politicians and top 1% would reveal the same. It’s worth a listen for anyone with an open mind. 

• 11 months later...
7 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I am trying to get back into podcasts. Anyone have any recommendations? 

My absolute favorite is Freakonomics.  I am almost finally caught up on all 500.  Past that, it fully depends on what you are into.  I am listening to the FutureSox broadcast on the top prospects and Latin American signings.

28 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

My absolute favorite is Freakonomics.  I am almost finally caught up on all 500.  Past that, it fully depends on what you are into.  I am listening to the FutureSox broadcast on the top prospects and Latin American signings.

Yeah I think I need to get into the Sox podcasts while this lockout is going on. Any other recommendations?

On 1/12/2022 at 12:43 PM, Bob Sacamano said:

I am trying to get back into podcasts. Anyone have any recommendations? 

From an audio journalism standpoint, you can’t go wrong with “The Daily.” For politics, I listen to “Hacks on Tap.” Sports wise, I like the Bernstein and Rahimi Show on 670 the Score. I haven’t found a consistent Sox podcast I liked, although Sox Machine was alright.

Edited by The Beast

• 1 year later...
On 4/19/2023 at 9:43 PM, Middle Buffalo said:

Just bumping for recommendations. What are you listening to?

Stuff I have listened to for a while: Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard, Life is Short with Justin Long, Conan O'Brien needs a friend, Smartless with Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes, and Will Arnett - all 4 of those are podcasts where they interview celebrities, Bill Burr, The Always Sunny Podcast, This is Important with the cast of Workaholics, and How Did This Get Made which is a comedy podcast where the hosts Paul Scheer (Andre) and Jason Mantzoukas (Rafi) from The League and Paul Scheer's wife make fun of bad movies.