CWS vs. Cleveland 9/13 2016

Insp

I just don't understand the philosophy of Ventura and Hahn to not empty the bench for these September games. They continue to play starters heavily in meaningless games. Eaton plays CF for whatever reason and the young guys sit. It's time for development. I can see Ventura being desperate and trying to inflate his win total. But Hahn, is either similarly desperate or too weak-kneed to do anything about it.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 14, 2016 -> 12:38 AM)
I just don't understand the philosophy of Ventura and Hahn to not empty the bench for these September games. They continue to play starters heavily in meaningless games. Eaton plays CF for whatever reason and the young guys sit. It's time for development. I can see Ventura being desperate and trying to inflate his win total. But Hahn, is either similarly desperate or too weak-kneed to do anything about it.

I don't understand why you don't understand

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 13, 2016 -> 07:38 PM)

Teams don't usually sit their starting players.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Sep 14, 2016 -> 01:57 AM)
Teams don't usually sit their starting players.

Exactly. You are in these games to win. Plus how many guys do we have in the bench to evaluate? I dint see the major leagues as a learning level

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 13, 2016 -> 08:06 PM)
Exactly. You are in these games to win. Plus how many guys do we have in the bench to evaluate? I dint see the major leagues as a learning level

Exactly. There's no one on the bench who really should be playing.

Edited by soxfan2014