Chicago vs. KC 9/16/2016

Insp

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 05:17 AM)
All of our bullpen guys so if someone goes down next year we know the order with which AAA relievers should be recalled. No reason to pitch our starters 110+ pitches in September with the season lost.

Disagree. 110 pitches is a lot for some pitchers, not so much for others. Sale is in the second category. He still had his stuff in the 9th, maybe control off a bit, but he was still competing; he clearly wanted to stay in and finish the game, so let him and not risk a bullpen guy giving it up.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 07:34 AM)
http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/gamelog/_/id/30948/chris-sale

I'm not sure 11 consecutive starts averaging between 110-115 pitches per outing will look like a good idea in 2017 if he struggles out of the gate.

He's literally around the corner from having 3+ months off. He'll be fine. And the Sox have 2 days off next week. He should be in line to make a start Friday meaning he has 6 days off in between starts.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 05:17 AM)
All of our bullpen guys so if someone goes down next year we know the order with which AAA relievers should be recalled. No reason to pitch our starters 110+ pitches in September with the season lost.

Our pen is getting plenty of work.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 16, 2016 -> 10:54 PM)
119 pitches for Sale.

Got get 'em Ventura and Rick Hahn. Play the starters...you get get to .500 and save your jobs. I think I can, I think I can.

Sanchez and Leury in the line up.

Has been consistently using Beck, Ynoa, and Minaya out the of the bullpen. Albers has made 1 appearance this month.

Too bad you can't I think I can your way into actually seeing what is happening.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 07:02 AM)
You're right. They should wrap him in bubble wrap and treat him like a p**** instead.

I call it the Strasburg Syndrome. Sox fans seem to suffer from it. Athletes like to perform. Trying to plan to avoid injury is often a failed attempt used in the NFL. It doesn't always work. Sometimes the worst thing for an athlete is time off.

Besides it wasn't too long ago Sale was throwing a lot of pitches in April. Maybe last season.

I thought it was a gutsy move for Ventura to keep him in. I wanted him pulled after that walk since his control looked way off. It was a situation where he continues to earn the label "ace".

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 06:02 AM)
You're right. They should wrap him in bubble wrap and treat him like a p**** instead.

Believe it or not, these September games DON'T matter this year. Why wasn't Robin pitching Sale 119 pitches every game earlier this year when we were still in the wild card hunt? He only does it once we're out of contention and his job is on the line.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 06:22 AM)
Disagree. 110 pitches is a lot for some pitchers, not so much for others. Sale is in the second category. He still had his stuff in the 9th, maybe control off a bit, but he was still competing; he clearly wanted to stay in and finish the game, so let him and not risk a bullpen guy giving it up.

See above. And it doesn't matter if a bullpen guy gives it up. THE SEASON IS OVER.

Winning meaningless games gives the ownership the perfect excuse to not sign impact players who have comp picks attached once again now that our pick isn't protected.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 04:32 PM)
Believe it or not, these September games DON'T matter this year. Why wasn't Robin pitching Sale 119 pitches every game earlier this year when we were still in the wild card hunt? He only does it once we're out of contention and his job is on the line.

See above. And it doesn't matter if a bullpen guy gives it up. THE SEASON IS OVER.

Winning meaningless games gives the ownership the perfect excuse to not sign impact players who have comp picks attached once again now that our pick isn't protected.

Meh he has 6 days off between starts (unless they pitch him Wednesday). He'll be fine.