September 18th Game Thread: White Sox at Royals

InTheDriversSeat

Jose Quintana (12-10, 3.05) vs. Danny Duffy (11-2, 3.15)

September 18, 2016

Chicago White Sox at Kansas City Royals

Stadium:  Kaufmann Stadium

Announcers:  Ken Harrelson and Steve Stone (television), Ed Farmer and Darrin Jackson (radio)

Ford Chicago White Sox Warm-Up:  1:00 PM Central / 2:00 PM Eastern *

Game telecast time:  1:10 PM Central / 2:10 PM Eastern *

6 over-the-air stations:

Chicago  WGN-TV,  Channel 9  (Independent)

Marion, IN  WNDY-TV,  Channel 23-3  (The CW) (WISH-TV simulcast) *

Indianapolis  WISH-TV,  Channel 8  (The CW) *

Rockford  WIFR Freeport,  Channel 23-3  (Justice Network)

Quad Cities  WQAD-TV Moline,  Channel 8-3  (my network TV)

Cedar Rapids / Waterloo / Iowa City  KCRG-TV Cedar Rapids,  Channel 9  (ABC)

Game not airing at:  South Bend and Peoria / Bloomington, IL due to scheduling conflict with Cubs game distributed and produced by WLS-TV.  Some Peoria viewers could receive Sox telecast from Quad Cities by pointing antennas northwest toward Orion, Illinois.

Radio:

Chicago  AM 890 WLS / FM 94.7 WLS-FM-HD2 (using HD capable radios)

And the 'WLS White Sox Radio Network' http://mlb.mlb.com/cws/schedule/radio_affiliates.jsp

Edited by InTheDriversSeat

Royal announcer made the comment that the Sox may not realize that swinging early against Duffy was to their detriment as it kept Duffy's pitch count down. Someone call the Chisox dugout and pass along that nugget

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Sep 18, 2016 -> 07:57 PM)
Good baseball discussion going on thus far with Hawk & Stoney. Interesting, informative and enjoyable.

You are lucky . I am listening to the Royals announcers and their nauseous comments about the play. In the meantime it's 4-0 bases loaded for KC

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Sep 18, 2016 -> 02:57 PM)
Good baseball discussion going on thus far with Hawk & Stoney. Interesting, informative and enjoyable.

Yeah it was like that yesterday too. I like Benetti, but the combo of Hawk and Stone (when Hawk isn't in a depressed mood) is much more enjoyable IMO.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 18, 2016 -> 08:15 PM)
Even when KC is going bad we usually find a way to lose the series. Weird. They'd lost five straight before yesterday.

Things seem to happen against us that usually don't. Q for instance doesn't give up four runs this early let alone in a game often

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (Scoots @ Sep 18, 2016 -> 01:09 PM)
Yeah it was like that yesterday too. I like Benetti, but the combo of Hawk and Stone (when Hawk isn't in a depressed mood) is much more enjoyable IMO.

They all talk too much. Except Vin Skully.

Most fans seem to think that Ventura won't be back next year managing the White Sox. Everybody seems to think he won't ever be a MLB manager again. I watched the game today and i couldn't help but wonder. In todays game the White Sox had A. Garcia, Sanchez. L. Garcia, Smith, Schuck and Turner in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if these players were no longer with the White Sox next year. I also wouldn't be surprised if these players were no longer in MLB after this season. If any of these players are on a 2017 Opening day MLB roster I would be surprised.

Edited by WBWSF

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Sep 18, 2016 -> 05:16 PM)
Most fans seem to think that Ventura won't be back next year managing the White Sox. Everybody seems to think he won't ever be a MLB manager again. I watched the game today and i couldn't help but wonder. In todays game the White Sox had A. Garcia, Sanchez. L. Garcia, Smith, Schuck and Turner in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if these players were no longer with the White Sox next year. I also wouldn't be surprised if these players were no longer in MLB after this season. If any of these players are on a 2017 Opening day MLB roster I would be surprised.

We've said that the past few years about a number of guys on the Sox roster...yet the following season, some of them are always still around.

They simply don't have quality talent or depth at all levels of the organization yet. Maybe they will some day but not right now.

Of the players you specifically mentioned it wouldn't surprise me at all if A. Garcia, L. Garcia, Smith and Sanchez are still in the organization next spring training.

Mark

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 12:16 AM)

I would be surprised if those guys you mention AREN'T in baseball next year. I am not sure what your post is all about

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 18, 2016 -> 08:35 PM)
I would be surprised if those guys you mention AREN'T in baseball next year. I am not sure what your post is all about

I agree with you. Avi for example will be on some ML roster next year. I took his post to mean that Robin is saddled with a roster that has several players who are not ML caliber.