9/19 Sox at Royals

flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 03:06 PM)
When they were 23-10, I was hoping for 9-10 against all three. I wasn't getting greedy. Obviously, things went south fast.

The team's winning % since then is .419, which is only better than the winning percentages of four other teams in the Majors right now. I hope management looks long and hard at that before they decide to go on another one of their wild "retooling" goose chases this offseason. High time to change course and chart out a whole new direction for this ballclub.

Edited by Thad Bosley

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 04:12 PM)
The team's winning % since then is .419, which is only better than the winning percentages of four other teams in the Majors right now. I hope management looks long and hard at that before they decide to go on another one of their wild "retooling" goose chases this offseason. High time to change course and chart out a whole new direction for this ballclub.

Good lord that's awful. I'm sorry but Robin has outstayed his welcome. He and his staff need to be s***canned the last day of season.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 02:15 PM)
Good lord that's awful. I'm sorry but Robin has outstayed his welcome. He and his staff need to be s***canned the last day of season.

Nah... Let's just keep doing this for another 10 years. We're onto something!

So for those who have TV access, that's 2 bad starts for Rodon in a row following his good stretch.

Is there something serious here we should be worried about, or are we simply in "he's up against the innings number he threw last year and his arm his hitting a wall" territory?

Is he still using the changeup he was featuring 2 weeks ago or has pitching style changed again?

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 03:03 PM)
What's new... KC kicks the sox ass.

To be honest, KC really plays well against the central and bad against everyone else haha.

They have a losing record against Cleveland but double digit wins against everyone else.

Specifically, two AL West teams...inexplicably, one of them is the A's.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 03:48 PM)
So for those who have TV access, that's 2 bad starts for Rodon in a row following his good stretch.

Is there something serious here we should be worried about, or are we simply in "he's up against the innings number he threw last year and his arm his hitting a wall" territory?

Is he still using the changeup he was featuring 2 weeks ago or has pitching style changed again?

The K.C. announcers blamed the hot weather for Rodon's difficulties.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 03:12 PM)
We just that with bad at bats by Garcia and Narvaez leaving the bases loaded

This has killed the Sox all year. The table setters at the top of the order get on base, and the black holes at the bottom of the lineup get "tight sphincters". To borrow a Hawkism. I'd love to know how Kenny Hahn plans to address this issue

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 09:03 PM)
Is it too much to ask for .500 ball in that area?

I'm sure the front office doesn't see this as a problem. It's scouting. It's our team not responding to the challenge. Other teams treat the games more importantly than the Sox. They realize uh, these games matter more! It's going to take a while to get over this ineptitude vs. the Central. We need a good manager first of all. I don't know if just adding Renteria is going to matter much.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 07:06 PM)
I'm sure the front office doesn't see this as a problem. It's scouting.

Right, or blame the sucky Sox disloyal fans who don't show up the games, thus handcuffing the front office and forcing them to put a mediocre product on the field.

Edited by captain54

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 08:06 PM)
I'm sure the front office doesn't see this as a problem. It's scouting. It's our team not responding to the challenge. Other teams treat the games more importantly than the Sox. They realize uh, these games matter more! It's going to take a while to get over this ineptitude vs. the Central. We need a good manager first of all. I don't know if just adding Renteria is going to matter much.

They can't possibly be thinking of Renteria. If they were they would have dumped Robin mid-season and test drove Renteria the 2nd half. If the FO goes that route, they are dumber than I think.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Sep 20, 2016 -> 02:53 AM)
They can't possibly be thinking of Renteria. If they were they would have dumped Robin mid-season and test drove Renteria the 2nd half. If the FO goes that route, they are dumber than I think.

Believe someone floated out idea they didn't want to replace Ventura with Renteria during the season in case they played terribly down the stretch.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 08:56 PM)
Believe someone floated out idea they didn't want to replace Ventura with Renteria during the season in case they played terribly down the stretch.

I thought I read that Rentaria wouldn't take the job midseason beacuse he didn't want to do that to Ventura?

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 20, 2016 -> 02:19 AM)
So Abreu states the Sox don't want it as much as the Royals do.

Finally somebody said it. Sox don't want it most times they take the field. For some reason they seem to play hard against the AL East and the Cubs get their attention UNTIL we assure ourselves at least a split in the series. Sox played so passively after winning those 2 in the Cell.

The other teams in the Central care about beating the Sox; the Sox could give a s*** about beating those teams in the Central. They mail in those games effort wise.

You guys despised Ozzie but he wouldn't have put up with this s*** without calling out these bums.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 08:00 PM)
Finally somebody said it. Sox don't want it most times they take the field. For some reason they seem to play hard against the AL East and the Cubs get their attention UNTIL we assure ourselves at least a split in the series. Sox played so passively after winning those 2 in the Cell.

The other teams in the Central care about beating the Sox; the Sox could give a s*** about beating those teams in the Central. They mail in those games effort wise.

You guys despised Ozzie but he wouldn't have put up with this s*** without calling out these bums.

Ozzie got owned by the Twins, Royals and Tigers...with the exception of 2005 and 2008.