Logo changes...

Lip Man 1

Well there is some good news anyway...

According to Sneed in the Sun-Times today the Sox are in negotiations with the Guaranteed Loan Company to make some changes to the company logo that will be adoring the main entrance to the park.

Seems they are concerned about the "downward pointing arrow" and the implications for a baseball team according to Sneed. It will just be around the front / main entrance according to his story.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Sep 22, 2016 -> 11:05 AM)
Well there is some good news anyway...

According to Sneed in the Sun-Times today the Sox are in negotiations with the Guaranteed Loan Company to make some changes to the company logo that will be adoring the main entrance to the park.

Seems they are concerned about the "downward pointing arrow" and the implications for a baseball team according to Sneed. It will just be around the front / main entrance according to his story.

Mark

Sneed is a woman.

That story was on the entire front page of the Sun-Times on Thursday, September, 22nd, 2016. Nice color photo of the new scoreboard with guaranteed Rate's logo showing on the board, above the headline: 'Sneed Exclusive: Point Of Contention'. Here is a link to the article:

http://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/sneed...row-adjustment/

QUOTE (InTheDriversSeat @ Sep 23, 2016 -> 12:22 AM)
That story was on the entire front page of the Sun-Times on Thursday, September, 22nd, 2016. Nice color photo of the new scoreboard with guaranteed Rate's logo showing on the board, above the headline: 'Sneed Exclusive: Point Of Contention'. Here is a link to the article:

http://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/sneed...row-adjustment/

"Marquis area." :lol:

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Sep 23, 2016 -> 09:11 AM)
My wife has a graphic design background. She said that any type of financial institution using an arrow, either up or down, is a big no-no. So she wonders why GR has used one this long and why the sox thought it wasn't going to be a problem.

I really don't care one way or the other about how the logo looks on the stadium, but I have to agree on the logo in general. I see what they were going for, but a red arrow pointed downward has such a negative connotation to it that it's crazy they couldn't have come up with a better logo. Of course, they're the ones running a successful company, so maybe I'm the crazy one.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 23, 2016 -> 08:03 PM)
That was my only point of contention about the new sponsor, the down arrow had to go.

Shoot, if it's going to be an arrow, it SHOULD be pointing up as if you flipped it over, not only is it an arrow, it is also shaped like ahouse, which is what you would buy with a mortgage from Guaranteed Rate.

Shut up and give me my money!

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 29, 2016 -> 08:11 PM)
The Sox invited me to Guaranteed Rate Field for an NIU game via advertisement at the Sox game the other day. The sign had the downward arrow on it.

Did the logo itself have "Guaranteed Rate Field" in it, or was it just the Guaranteed Rate logo?