Poll: Are you still watching games?

bmags

Last Week  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Are you still watching?

• Yes
    • No
    • Watching what?

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 26, 2016 -> 12:15 PM)
Kept up my usual trajectory.

April - super hyped, live and die with every game

May - still hyped (this is new territory in the last 4 years)

June - paying attention, but starting to see who they really are

July - paying less attention

August - occasionally look up highlights, keep up with key players

Sept - Don't care at all, despise the franchise and promise I'll stop supporting them

April 2017 - spend $400 on opening day tickets, rinse repeat.

This, all the way this. I haven't watched a full game since the Angels sweep right after the ASG.

I haven't watched a full game in a couple weeks. Probably the first time I can say that in season in over a decade. Interest is at an all time low for me - but I still love my Sox, catch a few innings here and there, and always watch the highlights.

Can't wait to see what this winter brings.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Sep 26, 2016 -> 01:32 PM)
I'm watching some, but still keeping them on the radio whenever I can. There are always a few cold and dark days scattered throughout the winter where I realize that I miss and would like nothing more than to watch an inning or two of KC or Cleveland shellacking Sox pitching, and that it will be months before I can.

This is my reasons too. As much as it kills me to watch them play like they have been playing for 4+ years, i can't stay away.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 26, 2016 -> 12:15 PM)

Sept - Don't care at all, despise the franchise and promise I'll stop supporting them

lol this is so perfect.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 26, 2016 -> 11:29 AM)
When they aren't going anywhere, I hit the doldrums in August, but once September hits, I get a second wind. No baseball for 6 months gets me excited to watch meaningless for the White Sox games.

Same here. I will miss baseball season even though I will attend some fall league games. I'm getting lest interested in the NFL. It's become more about political statements when sports are for entertainment. Plus with so many injuries the quality is not there. I watched a team get 3 ten yard penalties in a row.

I guess though it's kind of grim for most Chicago sports fans unless you are a Cub fan or a BLackhawks fan.

Edited by kitekrazy

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 26, 2016 -> 05:15 PM)

I check the box scores and tonight actually watched the highlights, but no, I haven't been watching. I am really only watching Anderson's BA and his strikeouts vs. walks in the box scores. Very sad the Sox have sucked the last 3 years.

April: like you super hyped. Also live and die every game.

May: same as April.

June: same as April.

July: very sad but watching as much as I can.

August: very sad, have given up, watch some.

Sept: haven't watched at all. Extremely sad. Very sad winter is near as well. Could care less about Cub postseason. hope they lose.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2016 -> 12:42 AM)
I check the box scores and tonight actually watched the highlights, but no, I haven't been watching. I am really only watching Anderson's BA and his strikeouts vs. walks in the box scores. Very sad the Sox have sucked the last 3 years.

April: like you super hyped. Also live and die every game.

May: same as April.

June: same as April.

July: very sad but watching as much as I can.

August: very sad, have given up, watch some.

Sept: haven't watched at all. Extremely sad. Very sad winter is near as well. Could care less about Cub postseason. hope they lose.

Those 2 sentences are literally the exact opposite lol

The Sox are my team, of course I watch them. I watch to see who hits for a higher batting average, Abreu or Melky. Will Frazier get to 40 HR's? Will Frazier and Abreu each get 100 ribbies ? Carlos Sanchez has 3 HR's and a handful of doubles in the last 8 games. Minaya is pitching well. I enjoy when players and the team does well and and don't let meaningless losses bother me.

I've been following from afar. Have not been watching the product daily since the end of July, but will occasionally check in to see if anything interesting is going on. If anything, I've been closely eyeing the Twitterverse to see the latest in managerial rumors, white sox direction etc.. If the KW/Hahn two headed monster of dysfunction would have acquired young talent at the trade deadline, I would likely be watching everyday. Unfortunately, other than Rodon's progress or Anderson's play, there really isn't a whole lot to hang my hat onto.

Although I am very doubtful KW/Hahn can turn this disaster around, I am very curious to see what on Earth their plan is this winter?!? Who will the next manager be? Will they stupidly sacrifice their first round draft choice for an aging free agent acquisition? Or do they simply plan on obtaining talent through trades? Is a rebuild really out of the question? If so then why? Their half-measured approach over the last 8 years has really sucked. The farm system is STILL in pretty poor shape and the main roster is not that good.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Sep 27, 2016 -> 03:13 PM)
I've been following from afar. Have not been watching the product daily since the end of July, but will occasionally check in to see if anything interesting is going on. If anything, I've been closely eyeing the Twitterverse to see the latest in managerial rumors, white sox direction etc.. If the KW/Hahn two headed monster of dysfunction would have acquired young talent at the trade deadline, I would likely be watching everyday. Unfortunately, other than Rodon's progress or Anderson's play, there really isn't a whole lot to hang my hat onto.

Although I am very doubtful KW/Hahn can turn this disaster around, I am very curious to see what on Earth their plan is this winter?!? Who will the next manager be? Will they stupidly sacrifice their first round draft choice for an aging free agent acquisition? Or do they simply plan on obtaining talent through trades? Is a rebuild really out of the question? If so then why? Their half-measured approach over the last 8 years has really sucked. The farm system is STILL in pretty poor shape and the main roster is not that good.

Great questions, Great Scott! Looking forward to the answers to them myself!

checked out in late July when I was on vacation. Was busy doing stuff so didn't pay attention, then went out of town for work, and I just couldn't bring myself to care. I've caught a couple innings here and there since then, but I've mostly been out of town for work since early August so I've seen a lot more Dodgers baseball than anything.