Renteria to Replace Ventura

Heads22

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Oct 8, 2016 -> 08:08 AM)
Hopefully Tribe can sweep and Red Sox exit with concerns on their starters. Don't want to see Porcello or Price get a 2nd shot at redemption.

Hopefully they get one win but their starter gets hammered. Porcello comes back for game 4 and then also gets hammered again.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 8, 2016 -> 09:22 AM)
Lol, Porcello will never make the Red Sox say "nah, don't need Sale"

Ever ever ever

I know right? LOL I think these pitching woes will do the opposite and make them even more desperate and then add in the Yankees being involved? Who knows what could happen. I think Sale is a near certainty to be dealt. Just have that feeling. I thought Boston or someone would say screw it at the deadline but that didn't happen.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 8, 2016 -> 11:22 AM)

Ever ever ever

I consider Sale top 3 in baseball as a starter. But if Red Sox bounce back against the Tribe they may not want to pay the Sale price in players/prospects. Price gets $30Mil for 7 years and Porcello gets $22 for 4. So they may not want to add Sale knowing he would come up before they expire.

I hope Hahn doesn't trade Sale for just prospects. I would rather see 2 ML quality young players+ rather than 4 high prospects.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Oct 8, 2016 -> 01:19 PM)
I consider Sale top 3 in baseball as a starter. But if Red Sox bounce back against the Tribe they may not want to pay the Sale price in players/prospects. Price gets $30Mil for 7 years and Porcello gets $22 for 4. So they may not want to add Sale knowing he would come up before they expire.

I hope Hahn doesn't trade Sale for just prospects. I would rather see 2 ML quality young players+ rather than 4 high prospects.

I'd think the money Porcello and Price are owed would do the exact opposite - make them even more interested in a top flight guy who is cost controlled for those 3 years. 3 years from now you can worry about dealing with Sale with the revenue growth you've experienced over that time if you do want to keep him.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 8, 2016 -> 10:22 AM)

Ever ever ever

And I didn't imply that so I don't know why you're responding as such. I just want their starters to get hammered for 4 games. Just tossed his name out because he's likely game 4 starter.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 8, 2016 -> 01:26 PM)
And I didn't imply that so I don't know why you're responding as such. I just want their starters to get hammered for 4 games. Just tossed his name out because he's likely game 4 starter.

I didn't quote you because you didn't say it, so you can unbunch the panties

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Oct 11, 2016 -> 01:44 PM)
I think the only reason you hand the job to Renteria is to let him guide you through a rebuild the way he did for the Cubs. Then when you are ready to compete again you go get the guy you really want.

I'm starting to feel this way. I'm really curious to see what they do with their coaching staff.