Renteria to Replace Ventura

Heads22

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dunt @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 07:53 AM)
It's pretty ridiculous that they didnt even interview a single other candidate. It just makes the whole Ventura leak thing even more awkward. This has obviously been the plan for awhile, so why even bother with that dumb ass charade?

It does look a little strange, but if this was the plan all along, it was going to be really easy to see through any tactics.

If they interviewed three guys and went ahead and hired Renteria, we would have said "Why interview other guys?"

You're not wrong, but there's just no awesome way to replace your manager with someone on his staff.

Sorry, while Renteria is better than RV (and that's setting the bar pretty low), all we've done is hire the next captain of the Titanic.

As long as KW is running the show, enjoy your 2016 White Sox... in 2017. 'Cause that's what we're going to get.

Some heads need to roll on this staff. Especially the hitting coaches. Now, they're not the ones not hitting but the approaches were god awful this season. There needs to be some changes as well. I'd love to snag Omar Vizquel for the bench coach. Love the guy. I'd have to think about hitting coaches and bullpen guys.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 11:23 AM)
Listening to this press conference, I'm beginning to fully believe they will rebuild. Hahn sounds really confident about making a major move and I doubt that would be us spending a bunch of money to acquire big talent.

Really? Why? I am listening and they havent hinted either way from what I could hear. Hahn did mention that it was a possibility of rebuild when he said Ricky could manage either a rebuilding team or a going for it team in 2017.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 10:23 AM)
Listening to this press conference, I'm beginning to fully believe they will rebuild. Hahn sounds really confident about making a major move and I doubt that would be us spending a bunch of money to acquire big talent.

Given that JR reportedly doesn't want to throw in the towel just yet and shocking approved $27M for Shields this summer, I think that they're going to make a sizable FA move or two this winter (possibly even a big one) and see how things are going in July. If they're still mired in mediocrity, they'll begin selling off players.

With Frazier and Melky coming off the books at the end of next year, it would make sense for them to stay the course and add going into March.

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 09:34 AM)
Hahn says that they absolutely under achieved this year.

They dont think there is a problem with this team.

They're so much double speak and bulls*** flying.

For all we know, reports of JR wanting to "win now" and reports of us wanting to buy could all be BS meant to drive up the value of our trade assets.

They're not going to just come out and say, "We sucked. We need to fill holes at catcher, DH, Centerfield, and about half of our bullpen... as a start. We're in desperate need here."

Who knows what the f*** they're doing.

Kenny should be gone. Bastards. :(

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 11:26 AM)
Really? Why? I am listening and they havent hinted either way from what I could hear. Hahn did mention that it was a possibility of rebuild when he said Ricky could manage either a rebuilding team or a going for it team in 2017.

I just feel like you can't be that confident that you know for certain that you will add a major piece. Looking to spend on a player, they could always get beaten out as they always do whenever they are linked to anyone of consequence.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 11:37 AM)
Why wouldn't they come up? His only experience as a manager is for them...

Oh i thought they might have gotten all those questions out the way when he was hired as bench coach a year ago and asked throughout the season a bunch of times.