Kenny Williams Leaving?

GreatScott82

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Oct 2, 2016 -> 12:40 AM)
Personally, I like KW and his try to win every year mentality. To me, that's what you should do. His biggest mistake was not getting along with, or coming to some kind of workable situation with Guillen. He let it become personal and that's started the downfall.

As for his "bad" trades. The only one of significance I can think of is the Swisher trade. There may be some more that have slipped my mind but nothing of significance. I know there was a lot of much wasted hand-wringing over Daniel Hudson and Holmberg but those guys really did nothing.

Let's not forget his running big Frank out of town, also because it got personal.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Oct 1, 2016 -> 11:40 PM)
Personally, I like KW and his try to win every year mentality. To me, that's what you should do. His biggest mistake was not getting along with, or coming to some kind of workable situation with Guillen. He let it become personal and that's started the downfall.

As for his "bad" trades. The only one of significance I can think of is the Swisher trade. There may be some more that have slipped my mind but nothing of significance. I know there was a lot of much wasted hand-wringing over Daniel Hudson and Holmberg but those guys really did nothing.

If Kenny does leave, someone here will probably start a thread listing his bad trades.

If you look at this logically, with what WSD is reporting, I don't think KW is leaving.

With Robin, after the leak they wanted him back, but the leak no negotiation and the news there would be a press conference the day after the season ended, it would lean toward Robin isn't coming back. And that is what happened.

WSD said KW wouldn't be at the press conference. If he really was resigning, wouldn't he be there to answer questions? Love him or hate him, he has been around forever, and walking away with no answers as to why doesn't add up.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 2, 2016 -> 08:26 AM)
If you look at this logically, with what WSD is reporting, I don't think KW is leaving.

With Robin, after the leak they wanted him back, but the leak no negotiation and the news there would be a press conference the day after the season ended, it would lean toward Robin isn't coming back. And that is what happened.

WSD said KW wouldn't be at the press conference. If he really was resigning, wouldn't he be there to answer questions? Love him or hate him, he has been around forever, and walking away with no answers as to why doesn't add up.

Do Team Presidents/ GMs attend after season press conferences after being let go? Did Schuler attend the press conference when Jerry fired him and promoted KW? You could have a point but I'm just curious, because it's been so long since changes were made at the top.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Oct 1, 2016 -> 11:38 PM)
Shelby Miller, come on down... You're the next contestant on "The Deal is f***ing Wrong!"

I have been in Atlanta for the last series at Turner (pics on my Instagram) but Shelby Miller is involved in one of the Braves worst trades and their best

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Oct 1, 2016 -> 11:16 PM)
The Shields trade should not get anyone fired. What did we give up in that deal? It hasn't worked out for us so far, but we essentially just signed Shields to a 3 yr/$27M deal or whatever it turned out to be. If he can give us 200 healthy innings next year, it isn't going to damage this organization like a trade-that-gets-someone-fired typically would.

The Shields deal bothers me a whole lot less after learning the way San Diego does business.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Oct 2, 2016 -> 08:42 AM)
Do Team Presidents/ GMs attend after season press conferences after being let go? Did Schuler attend the press conference when Jerry fired him and promoted KW? You could have a point but I'm just curious, because it's been so long since changes were made at the top.

I don't really remember but I think it was a foregone conclusion Schuler was retiring. This would be a huge story one worthy of its own press conference. And unlike Robin, he wouldn't have to wait until all the games were played.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Oct 2, 2016 -> 11:28 AM)
I thought Hahn wanted to rebuild while Kenny didn't

Isn't that just all gossip and hearsay anyway? Weren't they both on the same page through 2012, which was smartly to try to win with the older core. Then weren't they on the same page to rebuild and flip cores? Amazing they were competitive even during these leaner rebuild years. Frickin love me some KW & RH

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Oct 1, 2016 -> 08:22 PM)
If true then the dominoes will start to fall into place and a rebuild will commence ....I would not be surprised if Sale was the first to go.

I'm not sure why that would necessarily mean a rebuild. Maybe JR is fed up with 2/16...or perhaps just time to move on.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Oct 2, 2016 -> 10:29 AM)
So maybe we end up with the Rick and Rick Show starring Rick Renteria and Rick Hahn. Maybe the Sox could bring back Rick Peterson and make him pitching coach. Renteria should have his choice of coaches and is probably familiar with Peterson. I just want the Three Ricks .

If they fail we can call them the three pricks lol