Kenny Williams Leaving?

GreatScott82

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 05:21 AM)
The Cubs becoming a championship contender has ruined the Sox. Fans wont stick around for a rebuild or more BS seasons when there is a much better option miles away. This organization is at a dead end.

Did you see the data on Sox/Cubs fan based off of Facebook information that was retweeted by Bernstein the other day? Cubs nation has taken over even the south suburbs. Goes to show how incredible dumb people on here are that think the Cubs being awesome isn't bad for the Sox.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 11:21 PM)
The Cubs becoming a championship contender has ruined the Sox. Fans wont stick around for a rebuild or more BS seasons when there is a much better option miles away. This organization is at a dead end.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 11:29 PM)
Did you see the data on Sox/Cubs fan based off of Facebook information that was retweeted by Bernstein the other day? Cubs nation has taken over even the south suburbs. Goes to show how incredible dumb people on here are that think the Cubs being awesome isn't bad for the Sox.

This is truth. If anyone thinks the Sox aren't moving when their lease is up, they're crazy. As long as there is a viable destination for them to go to, they're as good as gone. If you extrapolate twitter followers, there are roughly 7 cubs fans for every 2 Sox fans CURRENTLY. To think that ratio won't shrink to 8 or 9 to 1 with a Cubs WS win is insanely naive. Chicago is well on its way to becoming a one team town in baseball. IMO it isn't a matter of if, but when. The Cubs have taken over this city over the last 35 years or so, the only way for the Sox to have a chance is if the Cubs lose games 6 and 7, Lester's arm falls off in ST 2017 and Bryant and Rizzo completely suck going forward for some odd reason, all of which are unlikely to happen.

Yup, anyone arguing that the Cubs aren't a direct competitor is fooling themselves. The Cubs going on a Blackhawks type run is very bad for us.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 11:46 PM)
This is truth. If anyone thinks the Sox aren't moving when their lease is up, they're crazy. As long as there is a viable destination for them to go to, they're as good as gone. If you extrapolate twitter followers, there are roughly 7 cubs fans for every 2 Sox fans CURRENTLY. To think that ratio won't shrink to 8 or 9 to 1 with a Cubs WS win is insanely naive. Chicago is well on its way to becoming a one team town in baseball. IMO it isn't a matter of if, but when. The Cubs have taken over this city over the last 35 years or so, the only way for the Sox to have a chance is if the Cubs lose games 6 and 7, Lester's arm falls off in ST 2017 and Bryant and Rizzo completely suck going forward for some odd reason, all of which are unlikely to happen.

Lol...this is a terrible post.

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 11:46 PM)

I have yet to see anything better than what they have now proposed.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 04:49 AM)
Yup, anyone arguing that the Cubs aren't a direct competitor is fooling themselves. The Cubs going on a Blackhawks type run is very bad for us.

Unfortunately this ownership group hasn't felt the Cubs were or are their competition since literally almost from the start. They certainly had their chances to become more viable and to pick up a bigger slice of their own home market over the last 35+ years but it didn't happen.

In the long term things do not look good but remember conditions change...sooner or later new ownership is coming.

Mark

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 10:46 PM)

The combination of more trips to the postseason, including doing so in consecutive years, coupled with two ownership groups that have managed to avoid self-inflicted, fan-unfriendly decisions over this period of time, is the reason for this.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 11:17 AM)
The combination of more trips to the postseason, including doing so in consecutive years, coupled with two ownership groups that have managed to avoid self-inflicted, fan-unfriendly decisions over this period of time, is the reason for this.

They have plenty of them in their past, their fans just don't hold decades long grudges.

All independent voters are backing Hillary

All bellweather baseball fans are now cub fans

Sox need to step up their game and a rebuild is not the time now.

They need to open the books and sign some bad contracts and knock off the $0.50 crap or there will be no price to enter that stadium andthey would be better suited playign and the independent baseball stadiums around the area during the week.

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 09:21 PM)

The L.A. Clippers were a joke for their entire existence until a few years ago. Fans will pay attention to a winning team, including ceasing to pay attention to one of the all-time great franchises (Lakers).

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 02:49 PM)
The L.A. Clippers were a joke for their entire existence until a few years ago. Fans will pay attention to a winning team, including ceasing to pay attention to one of the all-time great franchises (Lakers).

People stopped paying attention to the Lakers not because of the rise of the Clippers but because the Lakers were/are turrible.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 12:50 PM)
People stopped paying attention to the Lakers not because of the rise of the Clippers but because the Lakers were/are turrible.

Right. People would pay attention to the Lakers if they were good. People will pay attention to the White Sox the next time they are good, and not before that.

I keep seeing all this crap about the White Sox moving out of Chicago because of the Cubs recent success. First off, the last time I checked; the Cubs still haven't won the WS. I'm aware that they are the odds on favorites and will likely make it there this year, but until they hoist that trophy-- the Cubs are still the Cubs.

With that said, it pisses me off that we have to cheer against them in the post season rather than cheer our Sox. It pisses me off that JR is afraid to make difficult but overdue necessary decisions for the better of the team. With that said, JR still owns the team (until his death), KW and Hahn have unlimited lives and will keep coming back regardless of what happens on the field. We are forced to wait around and see what direction this team goes this winter. With the fanbase openly disappointed and discouraged with them-- I do believe we will see a bunch of trades this winter with an emphasis on building a new and exciting core. Chris Sale will be the first to go. If KW and Hahn do it right, trade off their assets and bring in a plethora of young talent, the White Sox may be ready to go for it as early as 2019. Fans have said, they would be more than supportive of a rebuild and with the assets they have to sell-- it will be an accelerated one for sure.

By 2019, will the Cubs still be good? Probably, but the White Sox will be younger and more hungry.

Will JR still be around in 2033 when the stadium sweetheart lease ends? No. That means a new owner will take over and the White Sox will Continue to play at the G-spot. I have a feeling the next owner will be from Chicago and I'm hopeful that they will stay here.

Here is to hoping the Cubs have minimal success until 2019 (meaning very few or zero WS championships) and to hoping KW and Hahn actually do this accelerated rebuild.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 06:14 PM)
I keep seeing all this crap about the White Sox moving out of Chicago because of the Cubs recent success. First off, the last time I checked; the Cubs still haven't won the WS. I'm aware that they are the odds on favorites and will likely make it there this year, but until they hoist that trophy-- the Cubs are still the Cubs.

With that said, it pisses me off that we have to cheer against them in the post season rather than cheer our Sox. It pisses me off that JR is afraid to make difficult but overdue necessary decisions for the better of the team. With that said, JR still owns the team (until his death), KW and Hahn have unlimited lives and will keep coming back regardless of what happens on the field. We are forced to wait around and see what direction this team goes this winter. With the fanbase openly disappointed and discouraged with them-- I do believe we will see a bunch of trades this winter with an emphasis on building a new and exciting core. Chris Sale will be the first to go. If KW and Hahn do it right, trade off their assets and bring in a plethora of young talent, the White Sox may be ready to go for it as early as 2019. Fans have said, they would be more than supportive of a rebuild and with the assets they have to sell-- it will be an accelerated one for sure.

By 2019, will the Cubs still be good? Probably, but the White Sox will be younger and more hungry.

Will JR still be around in 2033 when the stadium sweetheart lease ends? No. That means a new owner will take over and the White Sox will Continue to play at the G-spot. I have a feeling the next owner will be from Chicago and I'm hopeful that they will stay here.

Here is to hoping the Cubs have minimal success until 2019 (meaning very few or zero WS championships) and to hoping KW and Hahn actually do this accelerated rebuild.

We will see. By all accounts there will not be a total rebuild / tear down this off season. JR apparently does not want that and is not willing to wait five years for it to succeed (assuming it does). It will be "go for it" yet again and hoping to catch lighting in a bottle.

But again, we'll see soon enough.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 07:17 PM)
We will see. By all accounts there will not be a total rebuild / tear down this off season. JR apparently does not want that and is not willing to wait five years for it to succeed (assuming it does). It will be "go for it" yet again and hoping to catch lighting in a bottle.

But again, we'll see soon enough.

Mark

Its a shame you are probably right. JR doesn't know how to plan for long term success and due to his age, we are

Forced to see more half assed trades and Mediocre to poor FA signings. #InsanityReignsOnTheSouthside

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 01:49 PM)

They absolutely will. The Sox just have a putrid record in providing a winning team to their fans. THAT is the problem!

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 06:49 PM)
Plus it's pretty hard to trust Hahn/KW to do anything right in regards to player acquisitions.

That's why I don't get some of the fans' giddiness to trade Sale or Q. The problems are in scouting and development.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 09:43 PM)
That's why I don't get some of the fans' giddiness to trade Sale or Q. The problems are in scouting and development.

While I agree that it would be moronic to trust the mouthbreathers in the Front office to strike a decent deal for any of the team's assets, the problems go deeper than "just" in scouting and devlopment.

Remember, these are the imbeciles that thought that hiring RV was a good idea. And to KEEP RV, even after he had clearly failed as manager.

These are the morons who orignally wanted Pauly as player manager.

These are the cretins that hired Renteria, without having a COMPETITIVE process.

These are the idiots who hired an untested newbie in Getz as a departmental director.

In sum, the Front office has proven their stupidity over and over again. We could keep going all morning with chapter and verse of examples of moronic stupidity by this front office, in areas OTHER than scouting & development. And for this reason, it would be catastrophic to trust these mopes to trade Q, Sale, or ANY asset, IMO.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete