Wild Card Games Thread

LittleHurt05

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol the guy who a lot of people say should win the Cy Young doesn't even pitch in his team's most important game of the year.

I get what Showalter was going for, but you absolutely cannot let Ubaldo face Encarnacion with the winning run on third. Britton's got one of the best sinkers in baseball. Use him there to try and induce a double play ball at least.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 08:46 AM)
I'd hate to be cheering for one of the teams in one of these wild card games, but man are these fun.

The blackout game was one of the most gut wrenching games I have ever watched, i assume a wildcard game would give me the same feeling

Brisbee killin' it.

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2016/10/5/1317...-buck-showalter

When we do an oral history of the history of the closer, though, save a paragraph or four for the 2016 American League Wild Card. Using Ubaldo Jimenez instead of Zach Britton might not have started the revolution. But it was a decision so bad, it at least started the discussion that will lead to the revolution.

So we have Bumgarner vs. Syndergaard coming up at 7pm CST. Wild card, do or die.

The stronger team is clearly the Giants. In a one game playoff anything can happen, especially with Noah Syndergaard on the mound for the Mets at home.

I'm kind of rooting for the Giants as they have the whole even year world series thing going on, it would make for an interesting story vs the cubs. I don't think the mets have any chance vs the cubs.

Let's just hope that no fan throws something at an outfielder trying to catch the ball this wild card game.