NLDS: Dodgers vs. Nationals

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 11:45 PM)
Dodgers had best bullpen ERA in baseball I believe, but I agree it seems Jensen-heavy

They've gotten guys like Joe Blanton to do a lot of good work for them this year. I don't know if that'll fly in the playoffs.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 11:44 PM)
What's scary is that the Dodgers bullpen outside of Jansen is pretty barren. The Giants have a bunch of alright relievers and no great ones, but the Dodgers have one great one and a bunch of mediocre ones.

First in ERA and third in WAR, it's a pretty good bullpen.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 11:50 PM)
definitely better than the hot dumpster fire that the giants had.

Give the Giants a guy like Melancon and I think they have a pretty solid bullpen. They have depth, but they just don't have a quality closer.

Great game tonight. Lot of gutsy moves with the bullpen there by the Dodgers.

I like the Cubs in four or five however. The home field means a lot. Night games mean the ball won't be flying out of Wrigley. Cubs in their first WS since 1945. Don't like Rich Hill's chances. Kershaw obviously could beat anybody.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 14, 2016 -> 12:56 AM)
Even without Jansen the rest of their bullpen still had more WAR than the entire Cub pen.

Wow you're right. Hard to believe the Cubs bullpen without Chapman is worth like 2 WAR. Rondon really regressed after a great start to the year.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 14, 2016 -> 02:08 AM)
Wow you're right. Hard to believe the Cubs bullpen without Chapman is worth like 2 WAR. Rondon really regressed after a great start to the year.

Its funny, a Cubs fan at work was so pumped to have Rondon and Chapman in the bullpen when that trade was made and I said, "You better hope Rondon isn't going to be one of those pitchers who handles the 9th better than the 7th or 8th like Thornton was". They didn't seem to think that would happen. Rondon really regressed after moving out of closer role.

QUOTE (KG#1 @ Oct 14, 2016 -> 07:47 AM)
Its funny, a Cubs fan at work was so pumped to have Rondon and Chapman in the bullpen when that trade was made and I said, "You better hope Rondon isn't going to be one of those pitchers who handles the 9th better than the 7th or 8th like Thornton was". They didn't seem to think that would happen. Rondon really regressed after moving out of closer role.

Rondon got hurt shortly after the trade was made, so you have to consider that as well. If he was healthy i think his set up numbers would be much better, Strop as well