NLDS: Giants vs. Evil Empire

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 11:50 PM)
Giants have no chance. It will be a sweep as a matter of fact. San Fran does not have the team. Anemic lineup. Cubs have bruisers. Cubs roll. Sweep.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 12:21 AM)
I can't imagine this is possible with that game 3 matchup of Little Game Jake Arrieta and October Massacre Madison Bumgarner facing off.

Bumgarner is an ungodly force in October. No way the Cubs sweep.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 12:02 AM)
Want to make a wager?

:lol:

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 12:47 AM)
Please Greg. PLEASE BET YOUR HOUSE.

Wait...is this why the economy is so bad?!

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 12:20 AM)
In my heart, I badly want the Cubs to lose. But I can't openly cheer against them as I try to be above all that. So I won't be a dick to my Cubs fan friends and mock them or root for the Giants, but I would laugh manically inside if Samardzija torches them in Game 2.

Cmon, let's not try to act too noble here saying you're "above all that" not to openly cheer against the Cubs. I'm not above all that in the least bit. I'll root for the Giants, and any opponent for the Cubs after that. Now, I say all that full well knowing it's out of jealousy that I'm passionately against the Cubs. I'm jealous of their roster, I'm jealous of their general manager, and sadly enough I'm envious that they'll be perennial contenders while the White Sox can't string together two straight playoff appearances. If the Cubs did win it all, I'll be annoyed but will move on to focus on our disaster of a ballclub. It's just much more fun watching them collapse under expectations. Also who doesn't love cameras recording Cubs fans in the stands crying?

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 12:35 PM)
A matchup with the Giants in the first round is a nightmare scenario for the Cubs. I think the Giants match up better with the Cubs than any other team in the NL. Cueto twice, Moore, and possibly Bumgarner twice if he goes on short rest in game 5. Cubs roster has a career OPS of 525 vs. Cueto and 597 vs. Bumgarner. Giants roster hasn't had much more success against Cubs starters either but in a tight low scoring game anything can happen. Not saying they are a lock to win the pennant but I think the 10:1 line on the Giants advancing to the World Series is the best bet in Vegas right now. We'll see if they can first get past Syndergaard tonight.

What a difference one day makes. Those 10:1 odds as of yesterday afternoon are now 4:1 odds.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 11:50 PM)
Giants have no chance. It will be a sweep as a matter of fact. San Fran does not have the team. Anemic lineup. Cubs have bruisers. Cubs roll. Sweep.

Somewhere, the Golden State Warriors and Oklahoma State thunder just cried

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 12:09 PM)
Got Cubs fans saying they'll sweep.

October isn't promised unles's you're Bumgarner.

I only talked to a couple Cubs fans at work today, and they were both really nervous about facing the Giants. Their cockiness seemed to have been tied to playing the Mets, but the Giants seem to scare them.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Oct 7, 2016 -> 02:04 AM)
I only talked to a couple Cubs fans at work today, and they were both really nervous about facing the Giants. Their cockiness seemed to have been tied to playing the Mets, but the Giants seem to scare them.

I'm seeing more of a mix.

Casual Cubs fans = calling a sweep

Ones that watch baseball = realize it's the nightmare scenario

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 7, 2016 -> 06:37 AM)
My friends and coworkers that are Cubs fans think I'm nuts for calling tonight's game a must win for the Cubs but this series does not set up well for the Cubs if they drop tonight's game. Plus, I've got $100 at 10:1 on the Giants to win the pennant so go Giants! :headbang

I was literally just in Vegas this past weekend. I'm kicking myself I didn't put money on them.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Oct 7, 2016 -> 10:19 AM)
They've played it during every passing period in my school today. It's so annoying.

I purposely wore a Sox shirt today to piss people off. :D

Why would people be pissed off that you are wearing a Sox shirt?

The one great thing about the Cubs making it into the playoffs is that it gives me some really exciting baseball to watch in October that I truly care about the outcome. Tonight I will be cheering for the those Giants like they have been my team all my life.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Oct 7, 2016 -> 11:11 AM)
On the flight back from SFO last night the pilot was asking the passengers if they liked being on the way to the home of the 2016 champion Chicago Cubs. Then talked sweep. I put my headphones on and zoned out from the meatball fest that ensued.

You poor thing.