NLDS: Giants vs. Evil Empire

LittleHurt05

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Oct 7, 2016 -> 10:19 AM)
They've played it during every passing period in my school today. It's so annoying.

I purposely wore a Sox shirt today to piss people off. :D

When I was in High School, that Go Go Sox song would be on during passing periods when the Sox were in the playoffs in 05 so it's fair. They're both equally terrible songs anyway.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 7, 2016 -> 11:54 AM)
Maybe just me, but I'm kind of embarrassed to wear Sox stuff right now. We're a mess and they're favorites to win it all. I'll just keep to myself.

It is the opposite for me. It is these times that makes the actual winning even more amazing. 2005 wasn't special because I jumped on in May or June and they won. It was special because it was a life time in the making. I'm not a Sox fan for anyone else's approval, or because they win all of the time. They are my team, thick or thin.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 7, 2016 -> 03:07 PM)
It is the opposite for me. It is these times that makes the actual winning even more amazing. 2005 wasn't special because I jumped on in May or June and they won. It was special because it was a life time in the making. I'm not a Sox fan for anyone else's approval, or because they win all of the time. They are my team, thick or thin.

YOUR TEAM SUCKS YOU LOSING LOSER!

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 7, 2016 -> 08:45 PM)
Not sure what stats say, but the Giants easily have the worst lineup of the 8 playoff teams

Yes but they make up for it with stellar defense and pitching which is why they are going to win this series in close, low scoring games. Just need their bullpen to stabilize. Hopefully it has with Romo back in the closer role.

2010 - former White Sox Aaron Rowand and Juan Uribe help Giants win World Series.

2012 - former White Sox Juan Uribe helps Giants win World Series.

2014 - former White Sox Jake Peavy helps Giants win World Series.

2016 - former White Sox Conor Gillaspie helps Giants win World Series?

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 8, 2016 -> 01:53 AM)
Yes but they make up for it with stellar defense and pitching which is why they are going to win this series in close, low scoring games. Just need their bullpen to stabilize. Hopefully it has with Romo back in the closer role.

Cubs are the same in terms of pitching and defense but have way better bats. Still surprised at how many thinks the Giants will win.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 7, 2016 -> 08:56 PM)
Cubs are the same in terms of pitching and defense but have way better bats. Still surprised at how many thinks the Giants will win.

Cubs bats have yet to prove they can come through against good pitching in October, as evidenced by their performance last year vs Mets.