NLDS: Giants vs. Evil Empire

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 12:15 AM)
Because he is a Cubs fan, it's quite that simple. He can be a Sox fan as well, but Austin is a Cubs fan for sure.

I'm not saying this as an insult either. While I couldn't be a fan of both teams, others can if that's their prerogative.

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Oct 11, 2016 -> 11:37 PM)
So much for he Cubs not being able to hit.

Oh yeah, and Baez sucks.

Cubs did NOT hit well that series. Unless of course you consider a team slash line of 200/247/597 "good." They are going to have to hit much better than that to win the World Series. Also, nobody said Baez sucks. You said he's great. He's not great, not yet at least but he's young so time will tell. However, we're talking about a guy with a career slash line of 244/289/681. He may be a great defensive 2b but he has a ways to go offensively before being considered a great player.

If you ever wondered why the Giants were a WC team and not a division winner, now you know. That bullpen was s*** all year, especially in the 9th inning. It kept them from passing the Dodgers and now it prematurely ended their season. Bochy does look silly right now, but there's not much you can do when you really don't trust anybody in your bullpen.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 07:07 AM)
The Cubs definitely aren't as good as people thought they would be. I assumed they'd throttle the Giants, and that didn't happen. I think they are definitely vulnerable if they have to go up against LA or Toronto.

They are the best team in baseball. It doesn't matter in October though because of variance. Conor Gillaspie is perfect example of it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 07:30 AM)
If you ever wondered why the Giants were a WC team and not a division winner, now you know. That bullpen was s*** all year, especially in the 9th inning. It kept them from passing the Dodgers and now it prematurely ended their season. Bochy does look silly right now, but there's not much you can do when you really don't trust anybody in your bullpen.

How different the series would have been if they had gone after Chapman.

I'm thinking about last night. The Giants obviously don't have a closer, so why didn't they go to Samardzija in the 9th? Yes, I know he got lit up in Game 2, but his stuff is most likely much better in 1 inning at a time scenarios and he wasn't going to pitch in Game 5 either.

All I know is that a revolving door of s***ty relievers isn't going to get it done against the Cubs. I bet the Giants wish they had traded for a closer.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 10:43 AM)
I'm thinking about last night. The Giants obviously don't have a closer, so why didn't they go to Samardzija in the 9th? Yes, I know he got lit up in Game 2, but his stuff is most likely much better in 1 inning at a time scenarios and he wasn't going to pitch in Game 5 either.

All I know is that a revolving door of s***ty relievers isn't going to get it done against the Cubs. I bet the Giants wish they had traded for a closer.

I did not think JS got lit up in game two. I thought he was a victim of bad luck/outfield positioning and thought he should have come in for the 9th.