2017 MLB DRAFT

Boopa1219

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GermanSock @ May 14, 2017 -> 06:44 AM)
Longenhagen said the draft is very weak on hitters and some of the best hitters might be drafted as pitchers (McKay, greene). Maybe you don't get as good of a hitter as usually at 11 and they should consider another pitcher?

I doubt Rooker lasts until #49 overall with the year he is having.

Deichmann is not quite as good as Rooker, but has a similar power profile that should be available in the second round

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ May 18, 2017 -> 08:49 AM)
Do people think the Sox would have taken Benintendi? Fulmer felt like such an obvious White Sox pick at the time.

Sox would have selected Benintendi over Fulmer

QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 18, 2017 -> 11:06 AM)
New BA mock. Sox get Faedo. Hasely to DBacks at 7.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft/mock-...raft/?amphtml=1

This mock is pretty much worst case scenario for the White Sox in my opinion

Haseley, Beck, Baz, Gore, Smith all taken before them

Adell's hit tool is too questionable to draft in the top 15

Of all the tools to be below average, hit tool is the one that is a pretty big dagger for me. Scouting reports suggest that he still has struggles with high school level breaking balls, which gives me pause and seriously question what would happen vs. minor league professional pitching?

Maybe he figures it out and becomes a star, but their is risk that he doesn't make enough contact to make it out of A+/AA ball (see Courtney Hawkins)

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2017 -> 12:10 PM)
Faedo should be pitching on ESPN tonight. Watched a lot of highlights of him and almost all his strikeouts on the slider

Was just watching a highlight video of Faedo on YouTube. Couple of the sliders he threw reminded me of Peavy's. Looked a few curve balls were thrown too. One thing I do know is that I saw not one straight pitch. Everything was bending, sliding, breaking or falling off the table.Sick movement in his repertoire.

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2017 -> 07:32 PM)
Gives up grand slam. Not impressed at all, as he looks like a reliever with the swings lefties are getting off of him.

Haseley has had such a good season, I don't really see a way that he falls out of the top 10 picks.

Pavin Smith's metrics are pretty solid (very hard to strikeout), but I'd value him much higher if he could play passably in the outfield than being a 1B prospect only.

WARD: Mock Draft 3.0

7. Arizona Diamondbacks - Adam Haseley, OF, Virginia

The DBacks are likely to turn to one of the two Virginia studs. Deric Ladnier likes guys who have a little better baseball IQ, and with a pitching back ground, Haseley hits the marks.

Mock 1.0: D.L. Hall

Mock 2.0: J.B. Bukauskas

11. Chicago White Sox - Alex Faedo, RHP, Florida

Hardly any team develops pitchers the way Chicago does. Their hope is that Adam Haseley falls to them, but they won't be upset with whoever the top college pitcher is at this point. Another outfield draft option for them is Jordon Adell, who they've scouted heavily throughout the spring.

Mock 1.0: Kyle Wright

Mock 2.0: Adam Haseley

QUOTE (beautox @ May 23, 2017 -> 03:02 AM)

After watching Faedo's last outing versus UK, I'm starting to sour on him. Don't really like his delivery and his stuff isn't that impressive. I'm starting to get intrigued with David Peterson, 6'6" lefty with excellent command. Also the more I read and see of Austin Beck, the more I like him even though I'm a little wary of our ability to develop position players.

I think Faedo is the type of pitcher/player that would thrive in the White Sox organization. Remember, he was largely considered to be the first pitcher off the board not too long ago. With pitching I like to give the White Sox the benefit of the doubt.

Kendall though. Wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. Especially with the position player track record.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 24, 2017 -> 12:21 AM)
I think Faedo is the type of pitcher/player that would thrive in the White Sox organization. Remember, he was largely considered to be the first pitcher off the board not too long ago. With pitching I like to give the White Sox the benefit of the doubt.

Kendall though. Wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. Especially with the position player track record.

Faedo looked to have no shot of consistently getting out lefties

QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 23, 2017 -> 06:21 PM)

NO MORE PITCHERS, PLEASE...pick up some more those of those guys (secondary pieces) in the June/July/August trade market. The pitching equivalents of Nicky Delmonico.

Edited by caulfield12