2017 MLB DRAFT

Boopa1219

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (beautox @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 12:18 AM)
I really like Jake Burger, JJ Schwarz and Brendan McKay. I think it would be awesome to draft Jake Burger in '17 and Seth Beer in '18 the promos write themselves. I've read a lazy comp of burger to Bryant so we'll see. Anyone got a hot take on Beer?

Trade for Pint and you would have the easiest and most fun marketing job the baseball world has ever seen.

Beer

Pint

Burger

We would be the most liked team in the league.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 14, 2016 -> 09:26 AM)
MLB.com Top 50 Draft Prospects: http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2017?list=draft

Guys I'm hoping might/can fall:

Bukaukas

Houck

McKay

Guys they realistically will have available at 11:

Smith

Beck

Adell

Pavin Smith interests me quite a bit. A plus college hitter with advanced defense at first would be really nice to pair with good defense around the rest of the infield.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So it's time to resurrect this thread. College baseball kicked off yesterday as I'm sure many of you know. Brendan McKay of Louisville looked stellar on the mound and at the plate. Interesting 2 way player who could be drafted as either at this point. Bukauskas was legit, striking out 10 over 6. Faedo and Kyle Wright both underwhelmed in their debuts. Roundup link.

Some interesting games on WatchESPN today. Alex Lange is pitching currently for LSU after being rained out yesterday. Top 2018 Draft prospect Brady Singer is going today for Florida as well. Schwarz will also be an interesting follow this season after his stock dropped considerably last year.

Just going to use this thread for college baseball/and draft regardless of '17 or '18.

Clemson Baseball ‏@ClemsonBaseball 9m9 minutes ago

B3 - Beer's three-run missile over the CF fence ups #Clemson's lead to 4-0, E3. Beer is 2-for-3 with a HR, 2B, 3 RBI & 4 BB in 2017.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Feb 18, 2017 -> 04:13 PM)
Just going to use this thread for college baseball/and draft regardless of 17' or 18'.

Clemson Baseball ‏@ClemsonBaseball 9m9 minutes ago

B3 - Beer's three-run missile over the CF fence ups #Clemson's lead to 4-0, E3. Beer is 2-for-3 with a HR, 2B, 3 RBI & 4 BB in 2017.

He is worth being the worst team in the Majors this year. He reminds me so much of Harper at the plate.

Frankie Piliere ‏@FPiliereD1 11s12 seconds ago

Frankie Piliere Retweeted Gators Baseball

Calling it again - Singer has a real chance to be the premier pitcher in the country by season's end. Solid first step todayFrankie Piliere added,

Gators Baseball @GatorsBB

#SingerSaturday ends after five innings (82 pitches) with 6Ks and one run allowed.

Another '18 draft option.

swing reminds me of Robin actually - i dont see the high effort long swing path that harper has...

honestly - if you think this guy is a future everyday player (let alone an allstar) you have to do this rebuild all out. gotta do it the entire way - no reason in drafting 4th and missing out on the sure things (or at least the guys who are as close as possible).

Love that college baseball is back. I watch as many vandy games as possible every year (usually about 25-30). been such a fun program to follow - legitimate omaha contenders every year and perennially have a guy projected to be drafted in the top 5 or so, and usually a couple in the top 15. This year is no exception - Jeren Kendall will be a top 3 pick. Not sure how well he projects to the next level though - does everything well, but nothing truly outstanding aside from speed. Could be a carl crawford type I suppose - but not sure how well his power projects with a small frame. Kyle wright should also be a 1st half of first round pitcher - big right hander with mid 90s fastball, good change, decent breaking ball.

Team will really miss RHP Donny Everett who tragically drowned the day before regionals last year (was the top prospect who didn't enter the draft and went to college instead) - also will miss Hayden Stone whos career is over after 2 Tommy johns (was at one point projected as first round pick)

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Feb 22, 2017 -> 02:34 PM)
McKay just hit his 3rd HR of the season. Had 6 last year. He's on my watch list.

I'm not sure if I'm a fan of McKay that early. Consensus is split on whether he's a pitcher or 1B. If you decide he's going in your lineup. You have to worry about the similarities McKay and Zach Collins have. Sox hope Collins sticks at catcher, but majority of the league and scouts believe otherwise. Could be a redundant pick with Collins/McKay ending up at 1B. Both slow and nonathletic. I know someone is going say you worry about 1B situation when both reach the majors and go from there. But you tend to do that with more high ceiling up the middle players that can possibly play multiple positions down the road.