2016 Presidential Election Thread

Quin

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 02:20 PM)
They had people go to rallies with shirts and signs that would irritate Trump supporters, hoping they'd react poorly. That's not even in the same ballpark as being paid to attack people. Your framing is amazingly dishonest.

You keep ignoring the part about them specifically saying they used the mentally ill. Is that ok to you?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 02:22 PM)
I guess we didn't learn anything from James O'Keefe's previous videos, which also resulted in people losing jobs and then it being revealed as a bunch of misleading nonsense.

"We Have MENTALLY ILL People, We Pay To Do Sh*t' At Trump Events" So thats ok I guess

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 08:22 PM)
You keep ignoring the part about them specifically saying they used the mentally ill. Is that ok to you?

I didn't ignore it because it's not relevant to the criticism I'm making, which is that your portrayal of what was on the tapes is flatly false.

I'm not cool with people, mentally ill or not, being sent to rallies to troll. It's stupid. But it's not a serious crime like paying people to go out and commit assault.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 02:25 PM)
I didn't ignore it because it's not relevant to the criticism I'm making, which is that your portrayal of what was on the tapes is flatly false.

I'm not cool with people, mentally ill or not, being sent to rallies to troll. It's stupid. But it's not a serious crime like paying people to go out and commit assault.

My criticism was simply that its hypocritical of people on the left to be up in arms over some of the stories online about people tweeting mean stuff because Trump won but wont bat an eyelash at the violence or anything else ridiculous the dems pulled this election. The video I kept posting is the worst thing that has been posted online that is election related and everyone on here just ignored it because it was a Trump supporter getting jumped. Democrats should be furious that their party did this stuff but instead youre sitting here trying to justify or question its credibility. Its not James OKeefes fault that the democrats acted like pieces of s***.

We have people on the left protesting a democratic election because they didnt get their way. Maybe dems should have grown a pair and not been sheep and fell in line and just accepted this and you wouldnt have had to worry about President Trump.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 02:03 PM)
Im posting it in threads where people are talking about all the evil things white people are doing because Trump won. None of the tolerant left seems upset when someone gets dragged out of their car and jumped by 2-3 guys because they voted for Trump. Where are the videos of minorities getting chased around and beaten because Trump became president? Where is the outrage that George Soros and mulitple democratic super pacs were hiring the mentally ill to not only attack people, but to make it appear they were Bernie supporters? Listening to people say stuff like "Well I have a gay friend and Im worried that Trump might do this or that" while the actual democratic party was hiring people to attack American citizens is astonishing.

Look on social media, there are assassination threats, threats of riots, threats of attacking Trump supporters and we have a bunch of democrats worried that Trump "may" do something because they listen way too much to CNN.

So you didn't get the response you wanted. I'm sorry, here: Don't beat people up guys!

To the bolded, not sure how it helps your point, but all you have to do is take your own advice - look on social media - to find plenty of examples of minorities being harassed, intimidated, and even beaten in the last day and a half. The fact is that bigoted people have been emboldened to act on their bigotry as a result of Trump's campaign, they've been further emboldened by his victory, and your link doesn't change that.

Everything after the bolded is wrong. Not really interested in rehashing the O'Keefe thing, but he did some solid work following around a bus on election day.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 02:15 PM)
unfortunately, in this neck of the woods you have to post the wrongdoing of democrats multiple times just to get a response. When you get a response, it's usually just something like you posted.

You dodge responding to things all the time, like no offense but GTFOH with this.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 02:31 PM)
My criticism was simply that its hypocritical of people on the left to be up in arms over some of the stories online about people tweeting mean stuff because Trump won but wont bat an eyelash at the violence or anything else ridiculous the dems pulled this election. The video I kept posting is the worst thing that has been posted online that is election related and everyone on here just ignored it because it was a Trump supporter getting jumped. Democrats should be furious that their party did this stuff but instead youre sitting here trying to justify or question its credibility. Its not James OKeefes fault that the democrats acted like pieces of s***.

We have people on the left protesting a democratic election because they didnt get their way. Maybe dems should have grown a pair and not been sheep and fell in line and just accepted this and you wouldnt have had to worry about President Trump.

Tweeting mean stuff.

Okay, I think you are fundamentally not understanding what people are upset about.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 02:33 PM)
So you didn't get the response you wanted. I'm sorry, here: Don't beat people up guys!

To the bolded, not sure how it helps your point, but all you have to do is take your own advice - look on social media - to find plenty of examples of minorities being harassed, intimidated, and even beaten in the last day and a half. The fact is that bigoted people have been emboldened to act on their bigotry as a result of Trump's campaign, they've been further emboldened by his victory, and your link doesn't change that.

Everything after the bolded is wrong. Not really interested in rehashing the O'Keefe thing, but he did some solid work following around a bus on election day.

You dodge responding to things all the time, like no offense but GTFOH with this.

I see a lot of bulls*** stories about people drawing swastikas but I dont see videos of crowds of white people going around attacking minorities because of Donald Trump. You have a link for that?

QUOTE (shysocks @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 02:36 PM)
Tweeting mean stuff.

Okay, I think you are fundamentally not understanding what people are upset about.

I told everyone on here for months that Trump was gonna win and I told them exactly why so maybe you are the one who didnt understand what people were upset about.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 09:31 PM)
Democrats should be furious that their party did this stuff but instead youre sitting here trying to justify or question its credibility. Its not James OKeefes fault that the democrats acted like pieces of s***.

I'm sitting here telling you that you blatantly misrepresented what was on the video. If people were being sent to rallies to commit assault, I *would* be angry. People being sent to troll is really stupid, but I'm not going to get super upset about it.

The video of a Trump supporter being attacked is absolutely awful, by the way. No one was objecting to you posting it and pointing out that there's some nasty stuff going on by both Trump supporters AND Trump opponents in the last couple days. The issue was you posting it over and over and over again.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 02:40 PM)
I'm sitting here telling you that you blatantly misrepresented what was on the video. If people were being sent to rallies to commit assault, I *would* be angry. People being sent to troll is really stupid, but I'm not going to get super upset about it.

The video of a Trump supporter being attacked is absolutely awful, by the way. No one was objecting to you posting it and pointing out that there's some nasty stuff going on by both Trump supporters AND Trump opponents in the last couple days. The issue was you posting it over and over and over again.

Where are the videos of groups of white people attacking minorities because Trump won? Can I get a link, you said they were everywhere.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 08:42 PM)
Where are the videos of groups of white people attacking minorities because Trump won? Can I get a link, you said they were everywhere.

When did I say that?

There was somebody posting tweets from Shaun King giving accounts of various incidents. This site talks about at least 3 assaults, and a lot more threats/intimidation.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/11/trump-vote...-yesterday.html

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 03:36 PM)
Yep. Looking forward to the next response

It's simply this:

It's easy for you to say it'll all be ok, when the major policies that are likely to be enacted won't affect you the way they'll affect minorities, women and gays.

You saying it'll all be ok is you speaking from a place of white male privilege. The fear people have who don't look the way you do is very real, and it's very well-founded.

I think DrunkBomber is nailing it on the head. After a year long campaign where one party consistently amped up bigotry, sexism, racism, anti-gay sentiment along with policy proposals negatively impacting these same groups, it is clear that straight white people need to be worried about their safety.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 02:48 PM)
When did I say that?

There was somebody posting tweets from Shaun King giving accounts of various incidents. This site talks about at least 3 assaults, and a lot more threats/intimidation.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/11/trump-vote...-yesterday.html

That might have been someone else saying that but clearly there arent any videos. I dont care about the fake Shaun King stories with no proof that are just reports. Clearly we have a lot of healing to do as a nation but its gonna be pretty tough when stuff like this is happening.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 02:36 PM)
I see a lot of bulls*** stories about people drawing swastikas but I dont see videos of crowds of white people going around attacking minorities because of Donald Trump. You have a link for that?

https://twitter.com/VAL2D2/status/796476988974239745 and this isn't the only one.

Why are those stories bulls***? Are you claiming they're all fake?

EDIT: Yes, that is what you're claiming. I submit that maybe you're applying a slanted burden of proof to fit your worldview, just as you have accused others of doing.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 02:38 PM)
I told everyone on here for months that Trump was gonna win and I told them exactly why so maybe you are the one who didnt understand what people were upset about.

What is this pivot? Please stay on topic.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 02:42 PM)

Nobody said that. If you specifically need to see a video, I can't help you, but if I come across one I'll be sure to post the link here multiple times until I start an argument about it.

Edited by shysocks

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 09:52 PM)
That might have been someone else saying that but clearly there arent any videos. I dont care about the fake Shaun King stories with no proof that are just reports. Clearly we have a lot of healing to do as a nation but its gonna be pretty tough when stuff like this is happening.

The article I linked to included a couple police reports of the muggings. Here's another link:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-...tacked-43444545

I apologize that there's no video of the muggings.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 12:52 PM)

Since you only believe things when video is provided...

example 1

example 2

example 3

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 02:58 PM)
The article I linked to included a couple police reports of the muggings. Here's another link:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-...tacked-43444545

I apologize that there's no video of the muggings.

"James Okeefe has video proof of things but its selectively edited so we cant believe a word of it. Here is a link of someone saying something happened to them with no proof and this is perfectly acceptable as proof."

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 01:00 PM)
"James Okeefe has video proof of things but its selectively edited so we cant believe a word of it. Here is a link of someone saying something happened to them with no proof and this is perfectly acceptable as proof."

You are spot on. There is no racism in this country. How could anyone believe any of these obviously fake stories. Everywhere I go people hug random Muslims, Hispanics, African Americans, and LGBT folks. You're something else, living in your little bubble.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 10:00 PM)

You believe the women who went to the police were lying? Is there any particular reason for your skepticism?

Regarding O'Keefe, the man is a known propagandist and criminal who has been successfully sued for his dishonest portrayals of people in his videos. Anything he releases should be taken with a grain of salt. But more importantly, his video didn't even contain what you said it did.

This conversation is going nowhere.

A bunch of black people tearing a Trump supporter out of his car and beating him and driving off while he clings to it is terrible.

Minorities being bullied, threatened, harassed, and assaulted is terrible.

This thread is an exact reason why we'll never stand united. It's always just a pissing match. Can you children please grow up and talk about the issues? Do it over in the President-Elect thread, as well. The election is over.