2016 Presidential Election Thread

Quin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 12:06 PM)
Love my district for voting. Zero wait in and out. The judges page is so f***ing stupid.

Judges ran unopposed, house of reps candidate (the seat has been a Lipinski for probably over 40 years) ran unopposed, forgot Kim Foxx still needed to be elected.....not sure why she was not contested she is a terrible candidate but will win.

Gotta love cook county and the state of Illinois

There really is no reason to vote in the city of Chicago

I voted for Kirk because I just wanted to hopefully keep the Senate republican to diffuse Hillary.

In Illinois if you win once, you are pretty certain to have a job for life. Kim Foxx could be the worst candidate to fill a legitimate seat in government (not certain what water reclamation commissioners do) and the reason why an elected school board would be a bigger joke for Chicago.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 11:56 AM)
He's gonna lose that - if they're in line, they vote. NV Dems anticipated this already.

Jon Ralston

‏@RalstonReports

Clark County statement on Trump lawsuit.

CwwwYcPUsAA7hTg.jpg

lol

laying the groundwork for a drawn out baby temper tantrum over the election and refusing to concede, possibly

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/79606...src=twsrc%5Etfw

Sahil KapurVerified account

‏@sahilkapur

From Trump's NV lawsuit. Seems like he's laying the groundwork to contest the result, and thus refuse to concede.

Cwwwh6CXcAEq3Py.jpg

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 12:05 PM)
Donald Trump is such a f***ing loser.

FWIW, they're suing to keep those ballots they feel were cast after 7pm separate from other ballots in case there is a legitimate gripe. Given that Nevada is a close race, that seems like a prudent move on his campaign's part.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 01:12 PM)
FWIW, they're suing to keep those ballots they feel were cast after 7pm separate from other ballots in case there is a legitimate gripe. Given that Nevada is a close race, that seems like a prudent move on his campaign's part.

It's dumb because it's both state and federal law that anyone in line when the polls close gets a chance to vote. This lawsuit is already being mocked by Clark County itself and will got tossed quickly, but it sure does make Trump look like a sore loser before the first state is called.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 01:14 PM)
It's dumb because it's both state and federal law that anyone in line when the polls close gets a chance to vote. This lawsuit is already being mocked by Clark County itself and will got tossed quickly, but it sure does make Trump look like a sore loser before the first state is called.

I'm sure they're going to contest that people voting at 10pm arrived after 7pm. I guess we'll see, not a lot of details out there yet

edit: and again, this is the 1st step to preserve those ballots in case there is a future challenge.

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 01:12 PM)

Trump has said get out and vote, yet when people do just that, he sues. If you are in line when the polls close, do you not think you should be able to vote, or does it totally depend on who you are voting for?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 01:19 PM)
Trump has said get out and vote, yet when people do just that, he sues. If you are in line when the polls close, do you not think you should be able to vote, or does it totally depend on who you are voting for?

If you're in line they should absolutely count and this should be dismissed. If they have some evidence that people were allowed in line after 7pm and those people cast their votes, they should not be. We have rules for a reason. This isn't 'Nam, Smokey.

edit: oof, messed up the name on the quote. Long night with the newborn.

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 01:21 PM)
If you're in line they should absolutely count and this should be dismissed. If they have some evidence that people were allowed in line after 7pm and those people cast their votes, they should not be. We have rules for a reason. This isn't 'Nam, Walter.

The lawsuit only names precincts that are majority minority.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 01:25 PM)
The lawsuit only names precincts that are majority minority.

It also alleges that the Registrar's actions "very much appear to have been intentionally coordinated with Democratic activists."

It's just some more bulls***. The hearing for this is going on right now.

Wait, are they competing campaigns trying to win!? Color me surprised!

Welcome to American Politics. I'm not saying it's a moral decision, i'm saying it's smart one on their part, and it is. And if Clinton did the same s*** none of you would have a second thought about it.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 01:27 PM)

Welcome to American Politics. I'm not saying it's a moral decision, i'm saying it's smart one on their part, and it is. And if Clinton did the same s*** none of you would have a second thought about it.

Remind me how many bulls*** lawsuits the Clinton campaign has filed alleging VOTER FRAUD!!!! so far? How many did Romney and Obama file in 2012? Stop this silly "both sides!" nonsense.

edit: they are currently getting torn apart by the judge, so this does in fact appear to have been a very dumb move

If you want to follow along with the beat-down in Nevada, check out Jon Ralston. You can try to watch it here, but I've had problems with the stream. lmao this poor lawyer. Trump only hires the best people who don't bother filing a lawsuit about actions from Friday night until Tuesday and can't explain what they're even asking for in court.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 01:27 PM)
No need to the other way. Republicans play by the rules. Democrats cheat. This election is rigged. Trump is so great, he may win anyway.

Your party gave every advantage to Clinton to beat another candidate in the primary. Throw rules and fairness out the window when it comes to either political party.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 01:27 PM)

I'd have many second thoughts about a party trying to suppress legal votes.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 01:45 PM)
Damn man, we are over halfway through the election and the score is 0-0. Defensive struggle.

All the points will be scored in garbage time. My fantasy team will definitely benefit.

Speaking of Clark, Democrats had already built a fairly large firewall there through early voting and turnout there today is looking very, very strong as well. Regardless of this silly lawsuit, NV looks fairly safe for both President and Senate for the Democrats at this point. For President, if NV's gone, Trump has very limited paths and needs to run the table on the rest of the swing states while picking up a surprise like MI or something.

re: lawsuit, judge basically telling the Trump lawyer to kindly gtfo because you don't even get the basic process right here by not even talking to the SoS or county officials or even making a coherent request and that she isn't going to expose election volunteers to potential harassment via public disclosure of their identities; county points out that the rules for early voting aren't even the same as for election day and technically there are no legally mandated hours so the complaint doesn't even make sense on its face. Judge is flatly refusing to issue any orders.

Hearing over, tossed from court.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Jon Ralston @RalstonReports

That was the Trump campaign in a nutshell in that NV court hearing:

Unprepared.

Loony logic.

Lack of knowledge.

1:54 PM - 8 Nov 2016

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 08:27 PM)
And if Clinton did the same s*** none of you would have a second thought about it.

Can we do away with *hypothetical* hypocrisy as an argument?

If someone has in the past has defended something similar to what they're currently criticizing, by all means, call them out on it. But this "I bet you would too..." stuff is just pointless.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 01:48 PM)
Speaking of Clark, Democrats had already built a fairly large firewall there through early voting and turnout there today is looking very, very strong as well. Regardless of this silly lawsuit, NV looks fairly safe for both President and Senate for the Democrats at this point. For President, if NV's gone, Trump has very limited paths and needs to run the table on the rest of the swing states while picking up a surprise like MI or something.

Just kick his ass in every state, so he can sue all 50 of them.

Tom Bonier @tbonier

Okay, wow - I've found 9 counties in Florida that are reporting turnout data in real time (or every 10 mins). Analysis to follow...

Tom Bonier @tbonier

Broward County. 67% Obama '12. As of 2:30 PM, total turnout exceeds final '12 total vote by over 4,700 votes.

2:00 PM - 8 Nov 2016

If true, Florida's probably in the bag for Clinton and with that the election. The interesting thing to watch there will be the senate race with Rubio.