2016 Presidential Election Thread

Quin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 11:06 AM)
I think any hope of Trump actually being about the country and not about Donald Trump is out the window. His surrogate, the great Omarrossa, said they are keeping track of their "enemies", those who didn't vote for him, and will even up the score.

This is actually what Democrats have to be hoping for. That Trump goes to war against Ryan, etc. Everyone keeps saying "Ryan" budget, but there is a chance Trump goes after the Republican's that he felt "betrayed" him. A lot of Trump's talk is that he isnt part of the establishment, that he is an outsider and that he is going to shake things up.

If anything now is the time for the Democrats to woo back Trump. Not sure if its possible, but I do believe that Trump could have less hatred for Democrats that opposed him as compared to Republicans that did.

Who knows, its Trump. He has no sacred cows.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 11:06 AM)
I think any hope of Trump actually being about the country and not about Donald Trump is out the window. His surrogate, the great Omarrossa, said they are keeping track of their "enemies", those who didn't vote for him, and will even up the score.

Is Omarrossa gonna hold a Cabinet position? It just keeps becoming more and more surreal

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 11:19 AM)
There are so many smart people on both sides of the aisle and Omarrossa to hold a cabinet position is not beyond the realm of possibilities.

We're becoming a reality TV show...

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 11:19 AM)
There are so many smart people on both sides of the aisle and Omarrossa to hold a cabinet position is not beyond the realm of possibilities.

Secretary of the Interior Theodore Nugent.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 09:56 AM)
What's funny to me is that people are freaking out as if this is some sign that the country has flipped, but really it's the same country with just a minor tweak. If 2-300k more democrats (blacks especially) had voted in Detroit, Milwaukee and Pennsylvania, Clinton still likely wins and no one is talking about White American and the rest of the bulls*** overreaction.

Exactly. Trump had 1.1 million fewer votes than McCain in 2008 and 2 million fewer than Romney got in 2012. The problem is: Hillary Clinton got 7 million less votes than Obama got in 2012. It's not a Democrat problem. It was a Hillary Clinton problem.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 05:17 PM)
Is Omarrossa gonna hold a Cabinet position? It just keeps becoming more and more surreal

The least Trump can do is make things interesting.

How about a reality tv show a la The Apprentice called The Cabinet where everyone has to vie for positions? I'd watch it. If he's going to pick a bunch of clowns like Guiliani, Christie, and Carson, I might as well get some entertainment out of it.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 11:19 AM)
We're becoming a reality TV show...

Weve been a reality TV show, sometimes it just takes something completely shocking to make people realize the truth.

In fact, our country is run worse than an alliance in Survivor. And that is on BOTH sides.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 11:22 AM)
Exactly. Trump had 1.1 million fewer votes than McCain in 2008 and 2 million fewer than Romney got in 2012. The problem is: Hillary Clinton got 7 million less votes than Obama got in 2012. It's not a Democrat problem. It was a Hillary Clinton problem.

That is fascinating. I had no idea that both candidates had that kind of drop off. I am totally stealing these numbers.

I will never forget this feeling as long as I live.

I can only hope that this is something we look back on one day and say we overreacted and it didnt put our country back too far. Problem is that I am afraid our regression has already happened a while ago but its just come to the forefront now.

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 01:13 PM)

I can only hope that this is something we look back on one day and say we overreacted and it didnt put our country back too far. Problem is that I am afraid our regression has already happened a while ago but its just come to the forefront now.

Same here. Driving into work this morning was surreal. I was stuck in a traffic jam, feeling like I was in an alternate reality, depressed as ever, and I looked around and everyone had that same zombie expression, as if someone had died. I turned on the radio, and the radio personality said the only other time he felt more shocked in his life was on 9/11.

Edited by SouthSidePride05

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 12:13 PM)

I'm thinking this is actually how it is going to be. I base this off nothing other than a guess.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 03:06 PM)
55% voter turnout, pretty embarrassing as a country. Wonder how the other 45% would have voted.

Only a quarter of the country actually voted for Trump

Its pathetic really. It didnt take me more than 10 min to vote, and thats with a ridiculous third page that you could ignore.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 03:06 PM)
55% voter turnout, pretty embarrassing as a country. Wonder how the other 45% would have voted.

More than third party votes, or votes for the wrong party, if all of the people who didn't vote at all in this election all came out and voted for one completely different person, that person would be President today.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 10:06 PM)

I propose a law that would allow voters to legally smack non-voters upside the head if they start to complain about politics. People love complaining so much they'd probably vote more.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 03:08 PM)
More than third party votes, or votes for the wrong party, if all of the people who didn't vote at all in this election all came out and voted for one completely different person, that person would be President today.

Its crazy to think of it that way. Half the population is divided and the other half doesnt give a s***