2016 Presidential Election Thread

Quin

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 03:43 PM)
Perhaps you can give me pointers later when my young daughter asks why the President says he can grab women by the p****y.

Yeah, just be sure you tell her honestly the things you've said and thought about women in your own life. Cuz i'm sure it's been all saintly and respectable.

Oh, and make sure you bring up that the 42nd President is/was the exact same.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 03:39 PM)
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases...lim-immigration

This is from Trump's campaign website in December of 2015 calling for a complete ban on Muslims entering the country.

Here's Trump on the Mexican-American judge on the bench in the case vs. Trump University.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/03/politics/don...mp-tapper-lead/

This isn't a twisting of words. Trump said a number of things during his campaign that were anti-Muslim and anti-Mexican. I can't believe that's even a debate.

Regarding the first link: you clearly forgot thr rest of the sentence in your post. And was this not right after some sort of terrorist event?

"UNTIL we figure what is going on"

Not forever

Edited by BigHurt3515

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 04:37 PM)
I think this is simply a concern that, while fair, is only a concern with a slim possibility of happening. No one of credence is pushing for this. I'd like to think the vast majority of the country realizes gays should be afforded every right that straight people get.

If gay rights are the big concern, shouldn't democrats be worried about their own party? Pew research shows that Whites are 15% more likely to be in support of gay rights than black people.

The Republican National Platform on gay marriage is quoted in the below article:

http://time.com/4411842/republican-platfor...ns-wall-street/

Every single one of the Republican candidates for the presidency campaigned on being against gay marriage.

http://www.hrc.org/2016republicanfacts

These are the states whose Republican legislatures attempted to pass bills allowing businesses to not provide wedding services to gay couples because of religious freedom.

https://www.aclu.org/other/anti-lgbt-religi...-across-country

There is nothing even remotely similar from the Democrats side. I see no reason that any LGBT individual would have to be worried in the least about a Democratic administration coming after their rights. I see plenty of reasons that LGBT individuals would be very concerned about a Republican administration.

And even if Trump isn't anti-LGBT, would he veto a religious freedom law if it came across his desk? Because that's almost definitely coming from the Republican house and Senate (if they can get through a filibuster).

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 03:47 PM)
Yeah, just be sure you tell her honestly the things you've said and thought about women in your own life. Cuz i'm sure it's been all saintly and respectable.

Oh, and make sure you bring up that the 42nd President is/was the exact same.

I haven't bragged about sexually assaulting women. Pretty f***ed up if you have imo.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 03:47 PM)
My bigger problem is if youre a party that wants to legislate morality/religion, you should actually hold yourself accountable. A bit hypocritical to be talking about laws on marriage, when you are running a President who has been married multiple times.

Not sure if history books still go back before the year 2000, but there was a time when "divorce" was against the law in many European countries. Damn Henry VIII and his progressive/ liberal values.

Hey that's true, I don't disagree. I'm just tired of the sexism nonsense when we literally had the exact same "predator" type guy in office for 8 years in the 90's and i'm sure there are stories about Kennedy and Johnson.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 10:47 PM)

Jenks, you're better than that. Don't pretend that dudes talking about girls being hot and wanting to be with them is the same as talking about how you cheat on your wife and sexually assault women.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 03:49 PM)
Regarding the first link: you clearly forgot thr rest of the sentence in your post. And was this not right after some sort of terrorist event?

Not forever

Banning people from the country based on religion for one minute is one minute too long.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 04:49 PM)

Not forever

If you are a Muslim-American, would you feel good about any of those qualifications?

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 03:51 PM)
Jenks, you're better than that. Don't pretend that dudes talking about girls being hot and wanting to be with them is the same as talking about how you cheat on your wife and sexually assault women.

People keep pretending it was about "lewd" language and not about him bragging about sexual assault, denying he ever did it and then having a dozen women come out and say that he had, in fact, done the very thing he bragged about doing.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 03:50 PM)
I haven't bragged about sexually assaulting women. Pretty f***ed up if you have imo.

I haven't and I don't find it acceptable. However I'm not going to lie and stand on my soap box and pretend like i haven't said/thought something that objectifies or sexualizes women in a way that i'm not particularly proud of. We all do and if you say you haven't you're full of s***. We were all 12 years old once.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 03:50 PM)
Hey that's true, I don't disagree. I'm just tired of the sexism nonsense when we literally had the exact same "predator" type guy in office for 8 years in the 90's and i'm sure there are stories about Kennedy and Johnson.

At least Hillary wasnt going to get accused of inappropriately touching women. :D

Keep your hands off Merkel, Trump!

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 10:53 PM)
People keep pretending it was about "lewd" language and not about him bragging about sexual assault, denying he ever did it and then having a dozen women come out and say that he had, in fact, done the very thing he bragged about doing.

Oh, like you've never used the word p****, SS. I bet you listen to a bunch of gangsta rappers who say things way worse.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 03:54 PM)
I haven't and I don't find it acceptable. However I'm not going to lie and stand on my soap box and pretend like i haven't said/thought something that objectifies or sexualizes women in a way that i'm not particularly proud of. We all do and if you say you haven't you're full of s***. We were all 12 years old once.

Well, two things. While objectifying women is still wrong, this is beyond that and you know it. This was bragging about sexual assault, not objectification. This was multiple women accusing him of actually doing it.

And this was from a man in his 50's, not a 12 year old child.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 04:54 PM)
He didn't say anything about Muslim-Americans

Are you that dense?

Hey, this guy released a statement that, including preventing every member of my religion from coming to this country also said that 25% of people of my religion are in favor of terror attacks against the US. But I should feel pretty ok that he thinks I'm quite alright!

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 04:54 PM)

Donald Trump is not 12 years old. He is also the President Elect of the United States of America.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 03:56 PM)
Oh, like you've never used the word p****, SS. I bet you listen to a bunch of gangsta rappers who say things way worse.

Ha, good point. Forgot about that. Our President and First Lady have had countless numbers of those people in the White House as role models and first class citizens.

But, ya know, #itsdifferent.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 03:58 PM)
Ha, good point. Forgot about that. Our President and First Lady have had countless numbers of those people in the White House as role models and first class citizens.

Are you actually serious with this right now?

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 03:58 PM)

He was being sarcastic.

For your hypothetical to work, the entire criticism of Trump and women would be based off of his howard stern interviews. But they are not about those, they are about the tape where he talks about forcing himself on women because he's famous.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 03:59 PM)
He claimed that Muslim Americans were wildly celebrating 9/11. That's a pretty effective way to stir up anti-Muslim sentiment.

He also claimed that they knew "what was going on" and implicated the Muslim American community at large in the Pulse nightclub shootings.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 10:58 PM)

The complaints about the leaked tape WEREN'T about language.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 04:00 PM)
He was being sarcastic.

For your hypothetical to work, the entire criticism of Trump and women would be based off of his howard stern interviews. But they are not about those, they are about the tape where he talks about forcing himself on women because he's famous.

I'm saying it was highly inappropriate of him to do that and morally objectionable and if you feel offended by it, hey, that's your right. Just don't pretend like we don't condone that s*** in other areas.

And yes, I was absolutely serious about a President celebrating rap artists who say similar terrible things. Or the fact that we all still watch wife-beaters on NFL or NBA teams. Or, ya know, prior Presidents.