ALCS: Blue Jays vs. Indians

LittleHurt05

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 09:53 PM)
everything is falling the indians way

Well the curse is broken now so...a lineup full of hall of famers couldn't win a World Series in the 90s but a team that everyone counted dead before the playoffs even started has a great opportunity to do it. That's baseball

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 07:57 PM)
Well the curse is broken now so...a lineup full of hall of famers couldn't win a World Series in the 90s but a team that everyone counted dead before the playoffs even started has a great opportunity to do it. That's baseball

Yea man - I didn't give them a chance against Boston or Toronto but did call for them to win the AL Central this past offseason. If the Dodgers are in the World Series I'll be rooting for them - otherwise, I'll become a huge Cleveland fan for a week or two. 😆

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 10:59 PM)
Pretty sure the Indians are the actual team of destiny here.

Probably destined to get smacked by the Cubs. They reek of a team who comes up short on the final test, highly overachieving right now and winning too many close games. They've been more lucky than good if you ask me.

I have not been following them closely, but on surface Tomlin and Bauer are absolutely not #2 and #3 PO starters. Even if Salazar comes back, he was horrific in the post ASB. Their OF and catcher position players are probably the worst in recent postseason memory. Bullpen is a question mark outside of Miller and Allen. That said, Miller is a real life video game player right now, easily cutting the game from 9 to 7 innings. Their defense plus timely offense has been incredible (only 3 players hitting above .230 in the postseason), let's see how long this could hold up (I'd like it to hold up for another 5 games).

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 06:30 AM)
But is just mere coincidence that they did this to the Red Sox as well? Good pitching has a way of creating slumps.

Its so crazy that they are doing this without Salazar and Carrasco. Maybe both can come back for the World Series and split a game? Example: Carrasco goes 3-4 innings, Salazar goes 3-4, bullpen covers rest.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 08:10 AM)
Its so crazy that they are doing this without Salazar and Carrasco. Maybe both can come back for the World Series and split a game? Example: Carrasco goes 3-4 innings, Salazar goes 3-4, bullpen covers rest.

Salazar might be ready, but there is zero chance Carrasco comes back. The report yesterday said he just shed his cast and expects to start throwing again in six weeks.