NLCS: Cubs vs Dodgers

Panerista

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 06:11 PM)
Nice broken link there.

It's not uncommon. it's the alumni group.

https://twitter.com/AustinILLINI

https://facebook.com/AustinILLINI

And thank god there are creeps out there who go and find people they don't like to make Soxtalk a better place.

Creepy much?

Trust me I checked that it wasn't them. Why would a FB group or org make a single account to post on sports message boards? Those accounts are personal accounts.

When you post like you do you make people curious. None of this is creepy.

If you're a Cubs fan that's fine with me. But the way you post about them on here is just welcoming scrutiny. Some might even call it trolling...

Edit: Just saw your post ss2k5. I won't post about this in here any further.

Edited by chw42

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 07:40 PM)
Trust me I checked that it wasn't them. Why would a FB group or org make a single account to post on sports message boards? Those accounts are personal accounts.

When you post like you do you make people curious. None of this is creepy.

If you're a Cubs fan that's fine with me. But the way you post about them on here is just welcoming scrutiny. Some might even call it trolling...

Edit: Just saw your post ss2k5. I won't post about this in here any further.

You are fine. It was the Cub fans actively celebrating and mocking Sox fans. That will not be tolerated here.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath. Iiiiiiinnn and Oooooout.

I am at the point that I'll be shocked if they don't win it all. You guys need sort of embrace the horror.

I'm sorry it will ruin your guys lives so much if it happens but life goes on.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 09:10 AM)

I am at the point that I'll be shocked if they don't win it all. You guys need sort of embrace the horror.

I am in the same camp as you. Let them win and maybe cubs fans will finally STFU about it.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 09:12 AM)
I am in the same camp as you. Let them win and maybe cubs fans will finally STFU about it.

They won't shut up, especially the idiots, but who cares. There are plenty of good Cubs fans out there who we can have good conversations with regarding baseball and the playoffs. I'm happy for those people and especially my grandpa if the Cubs win it all. Won't ruin my life, just make it a little more interesting.

I always tell the good Cubs fans that I'm envious of their team because they have literally done everything I would have wanted the Sox to do, down to hiring Theo and Joe Maddon. It's nice that it's at least a Chicago team that "gets it", so to speak. I know a lot of you don't look at it like this but my saltiness for the Cubs vanished when they choked in 2003 and the Sox won in 2005.

What I also have realized is that there are still plenty of Sox fans. The Cubs winning isn't going to take those Sox fans away. It will probably make the next generation mostly Cubs fans, but that's already status quo. The Sox will have their day again someday and we just gotta wait it out at this point. The only reason to be salty if the Cubs win is if the jerk offs try to rub it in your face. I'm sure as a collective we can come up with a generic, canned response that's like 3-4 sentences long for every Cub fan who tries to make us feel bad because the Cubs won and the Sox suck. It's just a sport for crying out loud, there's so much more to life than worrying about such things.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 09:10 AM)

Yup. I was talking to some Cubs fans yesterday and they were discussing what the Cubs were going to do next year. They were talking about how Schwarber was gonna come back and that they might have to think of ways to get Baez and Zobrist in the lineup on a regular basis. Which basically made me realized that this team is so stacked that they're going to have a shot at the World Series every year for the foreseeable future. If they don't win it this year, they'll probably win it next year. They could end up like the Bills, but who knows?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 10:27 AM)
Yup. I was talking to some Cubs fans yesterday and they were discussing what the Cubs were going to do next year. They were talking about how Schwarber was gonna come back and that they might have to think of ways to get Baez and Zobrist in the lineup on a regular basis. Which basically made me realized that this team is so stacked that they're going to have a shot at the World Series every year for the foreseeable future. If they don't win it this year, they'll probably win it next year. They could end up like the Bills, but who knows?

They need to find some pitching and they may realize that sooner rather than later.

You need to develop pitching as the cost of acquiring it is insane as many teams are now realizing.

A Bulls type run in baseball is not possible.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 11:53 AM)
cub have no cash issues as seen from the heyward contract.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 11:57 AM)
They will pretty quickly.

Unless Arrieta gives a discount he's going to be paid in the $30M per year range in free agency. That would mean in 2018 they would have roughly $86M tied up in just Heyward, Lester and Arrieta. That is a hell of a lot of money for any team to have committed to just three players.

The Cubs have an amazing team and a great organization.

They will need to find ways to overcome problems in the next few years with $$$$. I wonder what their max budget actually is, permitting there winning, they are a wealthy franchise (unlike our Sox).

I think it's fair to say that their pitchers are due for a (large) regression. Lackey is old, hendricks is (imo) a question mark as to how he will perform next year, Arrieta is showing signs of being human, and while Lester is great, he is 32.

Hopefully their able to overcome these issues as their hitting is absolutely stellar if it comes thru.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 12:50 PM)
The Cubs have an amazing team and a great organization.

They will need to find ways to overcome problems in the next few years with $$. I wonder what their max budget actually is, permitting there winning, they are a wealthy franchise (unlike our Sox).

I think it's fair to say that their pitchers are due for a (large) regression. Lackey is old, hendricks is (imo) a question mark as to how he will perform next year, Arrieta is showing signs of being human, and while Lester is great, he is 32.

Hopefully their able to overcome these issues as their hitting is absolutely stellar if it comes thru.

The one thing they have that we don't is ass-loads of debt payment.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 12:12 PM)
Unless Arrieta gives a discount he's going to be paid in the $30M per year range in free agency. That would mean in 2018 they would have roughly $86M tied up in just Heyward, Lester and Arrieta. That is a hell of a lot of money for any team to have committed to just three players.

I think if they win the world series, they will trade Arrieta this winter.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 01:05 PM)
The one thing they have that we don't is ass-loads of debt payment.

It is not stopping them. I used to trumpet this but it does not appear to be slowing anything down. Construction projects are moving full speed ahead they are buying up land and spending money on infrastructure in and around the park.

One thing Rickets family knows is how to make money.

I used to thing they were cash poor but not any more.

There is no way they sign Arrieta for 2018.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 02:20 PM)
It is not stopping them. I used to trumpet this but it does not appear to be slowing anything down. Construction projects are moving full speed ahead they are buying up land and spending money on infrastructure in and around the park.

One thing Rickets family knows is how to make money.

I used to thing they were cash poor but not any more.

There is no way they sign Arrieta for 2018.

Honetly I hope he gets $300 million from them.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 12:12 PM)

That's so crazy, but completely accurate. Not a good investment for any team, even the rich Cubs.