NLCS: Cubs vs Dodgers

Panerista

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 14, 2016 -> 10:26 AM)
No I would assume game three.

Yesterday he was due for a bullpen session and only threw 7 pitches in game. He even said after the game that he'd be good to go for game 2 if need be.

It might be game 3, but I wouldn't if I was roberts. Game 2, 5, and then out of the pen for 7 seems ideal.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 14, 2016 -> 10:29 AM)
I honestly think it's a toss up if they'll start him game 2 or 3. Guess we'll find out soon.

I'd go by the result of Game 1. 1-0 Dodgers, save Kershaw for Game 3. 0-1 Dodgers, throw Kershaw to give the best chance of evening up going to LA.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Oct 14, 2016 -> 12:51 PM)
I like that everyone is already celebrating a WS birth for the Cubs, It feels like last year's NLCS all over again.

Is this your personal experience? Any fan should take things one step at a time before crowning the Cubs winner of the pennant. The Dodgers are not a bad ball club.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 14, 2016 -> 12:56 PM)
Is this your personal experience? Any fan should take things one step at a time before crowning the Cubs winner of the pennant. The Dodgers are not a bad ball club.

Personal and few friends I have are having the same talk. I've been hearing how the Cubs wanted the Dodgers all along and SF was their only obstacle. We'll find out.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Oct 14, 2016 -> 10:29 AM)
Yesterday he was due for a bullpen session and only threw 7 pitches in game. He even said after the game that he'd be good to go for game 2 if need be.

It might be game 3, but I wouldn't if I was roberts. Game 2, 5, and then out of the pen for 7 seems ideal.

Think of his relief appearance as a side day.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Oct 14, 2016 -> 01:13 PM)
Personal and few friends I have are having the same talk. I've been hearing how the Cubs wanted the Dodgers all along and SF was their only obstacle. We'll find out.

I don't really understand that sentiment. Aside from the usual "playoff baseball rarely goes how you expect", Fangraphs playoff odds has this series as a literal coinflip, and I have to agree. Yeah the Dodgers suck against LHP but Lester can only go twice. The Dodgers have the two best pitchers and they can go 4 times. The Cubs will have the pitching advantage in Games 1 and 5 but assuming Kershaw starts Game 2 the Dodgers will have the advantage in 2,3,6 & 7. Game 4 is basically a tossup because I think the Dodgers will hit around Lackey. LA has the better bullpen and the better offense when a LHP isn't on the mound. Before the playoffs began I thought LAD/CHC would be the optimal matchup out of all possible playoff combinations for a potential classic playoff series.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 14, 2016 -> 01:33 PM)
I don't really understand that sentiment. Aside from the usual "playoff baseball rarely goes how you expect", Fangraphs playoff odds has this series as a literal coinflip, and I have to agree. Yeah the Dodgers suck against LHP but Lester can only go twice. The Dodgers have the two best pitchers and they can go 4 times. The Cubs will have the pitching advantage in Games 1 and 5 but assuming Kershaw starts Game 2 the Dodgers will have the advantage in 2,3,6 & 7. Game 4 is basically a tossup because I think the Dodgers will hit around Lackey. LA has the better bullpen and the better offense when a LHP isn't on the mound. Before the playoffs began I thought LAD/CHC would be the optimal matchup out of all possible playoff combinations for a potential classic playoff series.

Are you adding Rich Hill, master of breaking pitches to the best pitcher list?

I think the Dodgers have to take 2 of the first 3 games to make this a series, otherwise it will be a short series IMO.

As for the comments about the Cubs getting crowned before last year's NLCS, not sure who was saying that. Anyone who watched MLB last year could've have predicted that the Mets' fireballers were going to be a problem for last year's Cubs team. I had the Mets in 6 last year. Going Cubs in 5 this year. Dodgers good but too injured and may have blown their wad against the Nats.

Yeah, I don't see any news stating Lackey is going.

It's party time tho! Fox Sports is in the neighborhood, going to go stop by the pre-game show here soon. LET"S GO NLCS! (Still unsure who I want to win :P, sox fan side of me wants Cubbies to lose, but i'm less of a Sox fan these days and more of a baseball fan).