Season in Review: Winston-Salem Dash

NorthSideSox72

We missed a couple Seasons in Review in September, and are rolling them out this week. Here is the Winston-Salem Dash.

Overall disappointing season, but they did have some guys who led the league in a few categories. Some decent pitching performances too, and defensive ones.

Kannapolis goes up tomorrow.

Also, welcome our newest writer, Mary Peters! She wrote this and the Kanny story coming up. Previously employed by minor league teams, so she's very experienced.

QUOTE (Donaldo @ Oct 14, 2016 -> 08:41 PM)
I'm a bit of a stats junkie, so I love how whenever you mention a player, you provide a link to his BR page. However, whenever I click on Spencer Adams' name, why does it take me to the page for the Spencer Adams who played in the 1920s?

Thanks.

Sorry about that. We use a tool that B/R has called the Linker, where it analyzes our posts and auto-adds links to the BR pages for the player named. 95% of the time that's great. Unfortunately, it has an algorithm that sometimes gets us. In order to determine which name to use, it goes like this:

1. Major league active

2. Major league retired

3. Minor league, by random order

I've pointed this out to BR as being kinda dumb. Hopefully they fix it at some point.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 16, 2016 -> 02:53 PM)
Sorry about that. We use a tool that B/R has called the Linker, where it analyzes our posts and auto-adds links to the BR pages for the player named. 95% of the time that's great. Unfortunately, it has an algorithm that sometimes gets us. In order to determine which name to use, it goes like this:

1. Major league active

2. Major league retired

3. Minor league, by random order

I've pointed this out to BR as being kinda dumb. Hopefully they fix it at some point.

It would make more sense if they switched 2 and 3, wouldn't it? :D