World Series: Indians vs. Cubs

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Oct 22, 2016 -> 09:53 PM)
I am going to hear s*** all day about it and I want to be prepared.

I suggest that you just congratulate them if the Cubs win. "Hey, congratulations. I remember how it felt for me." Any other kind of engagement will just give them fuel to keep talking.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just got to hope if there really is a baseball god, he's got something special in store for Cubs fans, something far worse than the Bartman event. The Cubs should win this thing on paper, but stranger things have happened. I won't make an official prediction, but I will be actively cheering for the Tribe for the first time in my adult life.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Oct 23, 2016 -> 08:19 AM)
We just got to hope if there really is a baseball god, he's got something special in store for Cubs fans, something far worse than the Bartman event. The Cubs should win this thing on paper, but stranger things have happened. I won't make an official prediction, but I will be actively cheering for the Tribe for the first time in my adult life.

I've been cheering for them all postseason. AL Central well represented in the World Series for 3 years straight!

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Oct 22, 2016 -> 11:53 PM)
Buy a White Sox World Champs t-shirt online right now to wear to work in case they do win it all. I am going to hear s*** all day about it and I want to be prepared.

Wish there was a shirt that said 11-1 or something.

Last year I almost custom made a shirt that said "2005>1908" when I was taking a lot of s*** from Cubs fans in August.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 23, 2016 -> 12:38 PM)
One of the crappy things about being a Chicago transplant out here is getting a ton of texts and social media posts from everyone here, congratulating me for the Cubs success. I feel like throwing my phone against the wall.

I know the feeling...especially when you politely tell them "No, I am a White Sox fan."

And then they are like "Oh. Uhhh...Sorry."

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (ron883 @ Oct 23, 2016 -> 01:51 PM)
GO CUBS GO GO CUBS GO HEY CHICAGO WHATAYA SAY THE CUBS ARE GONNA WIN TODAY

I'm still completely wasted from last night. Chicago was a complete s***show. So fun though

This is a White Sox board. You are too giddy for the Cubs.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Oct 23, 2016 -> 02:19 PM)

They made the WS. It's already a successful season believe it or not for them. But they'll beat Cleveland unless for some reason home field does them in.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 23, 2016 -> 05:10 PM)
I'm at Walmart right now. I have never seen more people in the store wearing Cubs stuff in my life. They all look like they just got laid for the first time.

Right now it's obvious they own the city. Sox did this to themselves by hiring Robin and becoming so irrelevant. I told you guys no matter what Ozzie kept us in the news and relevant.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 23, 2016 -> 08:41 PM)
I know the feeling...especially when you politely tell them "No, I am a White Sox fan."

And then they are like "Oh. Uhhh...Sorry."

Yeah, not much you can do about it right now except accept their condolenses. Tell em we've got Chris Sale and Jose Quintana.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Oct 23, 2016 -> 03:13 PM)
I was actually surprised at how tame things were last night. I remember in Game 6 in 2003, fans were lined up across both Waveland and Sheffield. I thought the crowd after the game was actually pretty small all things considered, especially considering it was a Saturday.

I heard cubby bear was charging 100 bucks at the door.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 23, 2016 -> 03:23 PM)
I heard cubby bear was charging 100 bucks at the door.

Yeah I heard the same thing.

Possibly the most annoying thing about this Cubs season is this infatuation the fanbase has with David Ross. During the ceremony last night, he got by far the loudest cheer out of everybody. I could understand if he was a player who had been there 10 years and been through the rough times, but he's been with them two seasons.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Oct 23, 2016 -> 05:03 PM)
Yeah I heard the same thing.

Possibly the most annoying thing about this Cubs season is this infatuation the fanbase has with David Ross. During the ceremony last night, he got by far the loudest cheer out of everybody. I could understand if he was a player who had been there 10 years and been through the rough times, but he's been with them two seasons.

I could even understand it if he was there two years and never won a ring. He has though haha

Giants and dodgers were really weak teams, cubs should of swept both teams. Indians have been hot throughout playoffs , cubs have them talent wise but it depends on how the cubs hit. Unfortunately cubs are built to win the next 3-5 years with no competition in sight in national league. I'm hoping Indians win in seven, but cubs probably got them in five games as long as they hit the ball or don't have a mental breakdown that leads to a choke . Not only do the cubs have top young talent theyve also bought a the finishing pieces to puzzle , more timely than Yanks/bosox ever have. I think this year and next year will be theyre prime dominant years and they'll slowly decline due to bad contracts , injuries , and lack off high draft picks

QUOTE (b-Rye @ Oct 23, 2016 -> 05:18 PM)
Giants and dodgers were really weak teams, cubs should of swept both teams. Indians have been hot throughout playoffs , cubs have them talent wise but it depends on how the cubs hit. Unfortunately cubs are built to win the next 3-5 years with no competition in sight in national league. I'm hoping Indians win in seven, but cubs probably got them in five games as long as they hit the ball or don't have a mental breakdown that leads to a choke . Not only do the cubs have top young talent theyve also bought a the finishing pieces to puzzle , more timely than Yanks/bosox ever have. I think this year and next year will be theyre prime dominant years and they'll slowly decline due to bad contracts , injuries , and lack off high draft picks

JesusFacepalm2.png

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 23, 2016 -> 01:35 PM)
Jesus. My FB timeline is fans celebrating and reacting to the World Series championship. Oh wait.

It makes sense, but I have never seen more Cubs shirts/hats worn than what I saw today. Even in a predominantly White Sox area, it was almost all Cubs fans.

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 12:27 AM)
Has this been talked about? Since Theo took over in 2012, the Cubs record is 400-409 (without playoff record). This is obviously including the full rebuild they went through, including a 101 loss season, and a 96 loss season. They told fans this was a 5 year process, and things would be rough early on.

During that same stretch, the Sox are 375-435, and have tried to "go for it" every year.

Just some food for thought.

That's because the duo of Hahn and Ventura is terrible

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 23, 2016 -> 04:27 PM)
Has this been talked about? Since Theo took over in 2012, the Cubs record is 400-409 (without playoff record). This is obviously including the full rebuild they went through, including a 101 loss season, and a 96 loss season. They told fans this was a 5 year process, and things would be rough early on.

During that same stretch, the Sox are 375-435, and have tried to "go for it" every year.

Just some food for thought.

Yeah, that is pretty remarkable, and should definitely be food for thought for some of the folks opposing a rebuild.

Good find, Tony.