World Series: Indians vs. Cubs

LittleHurt05

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 11:55 AM)
Cocky Cubs fans in the office calling for a sweep or 5 games. Don't disagree but it's still irritating.

I know some people on this board disagree with me but i think a world series loss for cubs fans will be worse then bartman. Getting that far and poof you are back to square one.

Edited by whitesoxjr27

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 01:08 PM)
I know some people on this board disagree with me but i think a world series loss for cubs fans will be worse then bartman. Getting that far and poof you are back to square one.

square one? Who are you kidding, this team is set up to compete for many years, this isnt a flash and burnout

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 02:08 PM)
square one? Who are you kidding, this team is set up to compete for many years, this isnt a flash and burnout

And even if something strange happened and this is their only playoff appearance they still got over one of the hurdles. No, it's not winning the Series but getting there is still a huge deal.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 01:08 PM)

I know grown men that broke down into tears at the game Saturday. Even if they get swept, it's still a pretty damn huge moment for the franchise.

Oh, no matter what happens in the next 10 days, they will be the odds-on favorites to win the 2017 World Series.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 07:08 PM)

Wrong. The Bartman stuff is long dead and buried now. Making the WS is huge. Even if they lose it's a sign of huge progress and happiness for the Cub fans. They should do what the Sox did, however, and complete the deal now cause anything can happen in the future when you are competing against so many teams. Look at the Sox if we hadn't completed the deal, we never made it back.

Making it is awesome but the second you lose the joy is gone.

Remember the Bears superbowl of not too long ago....how about losing the conference championship game a few years later. That is some pretty good success right there that does help the failures of the franchise over the last 31 years.

The fans certainly have a good outlook for the next few years but it seems everything has gone right for them in this rebuild for it to remain chugging ahead like this.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 02:58 PM)
Making it is awesome but the second you lose the joy is gone.

Remember the Bears superbowl of not too long ago....how about losing the conference championship game a few years later. That is some pretty good success right there that does help the failures of the franchise over the last 31 years.

The fans certainly have a good outlook for the next few years but it seems everything has gone right for them in this rebuild for it to remain chugging ahead like this.

They got swept out of the NLCS last season and they turned right back around and ripped through this entire year, no love lost, right back to the World Series. I thik they will be just fine

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 02:36 PM)
I know grown men that broke down into tears at the game Saturday. Even if they get swept, it's still a pretty damn huge moment for the franchise.

Oh, no matter what happens in the next 10 days, they will be the odds-on favorites to win the 2017 World Series.

obviously you're not taking into consideration every fielder blowing out their ACL's and every pitcher blowing out both their elbows and shoulders

I do think that everything went in their favor this year and they really need to take advantage of it while they can. Yes they will be early favorites for years to come but everything doesn't go right for a team year in and year out like it did for them this year. They still wont be guaranteed a WS appearance every year, they need to win it now and if they don't they should still be afraid that they will never win one. Thats a haunting truth that holds on to you until the very last damn out of a WS winner.

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 03:25 PM)
I do think that everything went in their favor this year and they really need to take advantage of it while they can. Yes they will be early favorites for years to come but everything doesn't go right for a team year in and year out like it did for them this year. They still wont be guaranteed a WS appearance every year, they need to win it now and if they don't they should still be afraid that they will never win one. Thats a haunting truth that holds on to you until the very last damn out of a WS winner.

They did lose Schwarber right away and didn't miss a beat.