Remember When The Chicago White Sox Won The World Series?

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 12:23 PM)
I know there's a lot of this going on in random threads, but this article was too awesome to not get its own. Some funny little jokes snuck in there.

http://deadspin.com/remember-when-the-chic...erie-1788190631

nice find

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 01:37 PM)
The Obama photo killed me.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 01:48 PM)
That's the best part lol. As if to say "nobody ever acknowledged the White Sox after that, except the President of the United States, frequently, in public"

this (these?)

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 03:56 PM)
Honestly, it isn't the worst idea for him to be a spearhead behind an ownership group. Doesn't mean it isn't his financing.

I don't want to start a political conversation here, but do you think the White Sox would gain or lose fans if President Obama lead a new ownership group?

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 02:32 PM)
I don't want to start a political conversation here, but do you think the White Sox would gain or lose fans if President Obama lead a new ownership group?

They are in Chicago...I can't imagine they would lose fans.

QUOTE (Carlo Paz @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 12:25 AM)
Jesus, that catch by Uribe. Probably the most unheralded play in MLB history. Derek Jeter makes a lesser but similar catch mid season and it's on every highlight reel for all time.

This x1000. That was literally the 2nd to last out of a 1 - 0 World Series championship-clinching game with the tying run on 2nd base and it gets almost zero recognition.

Hell, considering the circumstances, I'd put it above Willie Mays' catch. His happened in game 1.

This is the reason why we hate the Cubs and their following.

http://imgur.com/a/PNGwY

The left magazine cover is from three weeks ago. They devoted the cover to a columnist awarding the Cubs the World Series championship.

The right magazine cover is the first official cover (outside of Chicago) announcing that the Sox won the World Series. They gave the Sox a tiny corner of the cover and gave the NFL the bigger story.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 09:36 AM)
This x1000. That was literally the 2nd to last out of a 1 - 0 World Series championship-clinching game with the tying run on 2nd base and it gets almost zero recognition.

Hell, considering the circumstances, I'd put it above Willie Mays' catch. His happened in game 1.

The play for the final out was very good too. I always root for Uribe. One of those few guys who no matter where he plays I just love him. He was so freaking good defensively (especially for being so thick) and that arm...wow. Please no one go back to 2005 and tell me advanced stats say otherwise (I don't know...I just want to trust my eye and memory).