October 26, 2005

knightni

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in a dorm in missouri, and it turns out I now work on same floor as the other sox fan in my dorm that I watched the game with (did not really see much of each other before or after).

I was tense as hell in that final game. Gamethread hyperbole galore. Rowand sucks, he can't hit a slider low and away to save his life!

I calmed down a smidge post Dye single, but man, the feeling after that final out was insane. I was up until 6 am and had an 8am german test.

One nice thing about Chicago - because of WGN being national I got to see the parade.

I did drive back to Chicago to watch game at my brothers apt. for game 1. I listened to the sports radio follow-up for hours.

It was so awesome. Yeah it was a fluke, but I get chills. After astros tied it up in game 2, I was so pissed. My friends called me when their radio went out in their car and couldn't hear the ninth. I remember telling them I didn't care and didn't want to talk, then sarcastically called the game "Scott podsednik, oh he hits a fly out to right fieee OH MY GOD " and hung up and ran through the hallways screaming.

That s*** is forever.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Oct 26, 2016 -> 12:00 PM)
I was in a hotel room in L.A. and, okay, I'll admit it.........I.............cried.

:crying

:gosox1:

I teared up when they won the pennant. The Sox in the World Series was such a foreign concept in my time as a fan.

When they won it all, probably the combination of being up 3-0 in the series, and being so tired from the night before, I was just happy and numb.

Hopefully, they make some new memories one day. We're treading on 85 Bears territory.

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 26, 2016 -> 12:03 PM)
I teared up when they won the pennant. The Sox in the World Series was such a foreign concept in my time as a fan.

When they won it all, probably the combination of being up 3-0 in the series, and being so tired from the night before, I was just happy and numb.

Describes me exactly. I was much more emotional after they clinched the pennant than when they won it all.

My dad was listening to Rooney and Farmer, he couldn't stand the Fox announcers.

Radio was slightly ahead of the game, so he sat there with his headphones in.

Suddenly he gets this grin and starts fist pumping in his seat, so my mom and I figured they got the last out but god damn did the three of us erupt in celebration after they won. Played Celebration by Kool and the Gang in the house. And the next day I pissed off every single Cubs fan around.

Anyone saying that only Red Sox fans will know what Indians or Cubs fans will go through is so, so very wrong.

Was at John BarleyCorn in Lincoln Park After we celebrated and downed some shots I ran out on Lincoln to run around and scream. Some kids yelled "go back to the South Side". I yelled back I'm a life long North Sider, go White Sox!

I had just met my future wife who lived a block from Wrigley, so on the way back I saw the group of people cheering in front of Wrigley and then I grabbed a beer at Cubby Bear just because I could. Probably wouldn't do that now but I felt like the man at age 23.

I was 15 and I remember listening to Rooney's call with the sound muted on the TV and just a giant grin went across my face and it felt like a giant weight was lifted off of me at the moment and Uribe throws across the diamond. A phenomenal feeling (and torture just for being so stressed for a month) that I'd love feel again.