Potential + Effects of the World Series?

caulfield12

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 01:45 PM)
The way I see it, the Cubs are in year 2 of their 5 year title contending window. They will be knocking on the door every year until these kids become FA's and begin asking for Dodger/Yankee/Red Sox money. The Indians are also in the beginning stages of their competitive window. With that said, the White Sox need to rebuild and trade off their assets. The target date should be 2019 or 2020 to be ready to compete. The White Sox arrival would ideally mean the departure of this Cubs era of sustained success. (2015-2020). The time is now to trade off assets like Sale and Quintana to obtain near MLB ready prospects. I was looking at the farm system depth today and I am starting to realize that we are getting some decent depth down there. (FINALLY!)

This may or may not be the thread to talk about this but with the likes of Spencer Adams and Alec Hanson being ready in the near future. Rodon ready to move up the rotation, Shields here to eat up innings (and thats about it) and Fulmer ready to learn as a starter at the MLB ready, the time is now to take advantage of the market. Sell high on Sale and Q and lets continue to beef up the farm. Let's reestablish a new core and let's do this the right way. No more re-tooling. Let's rebuild. With all of the assets-- this rebuild can be accelerated to a point where they can be ready by 2019 in my opinion. The free agent market for starting pitching is pretty weak. The market for Sale and Q this winter will be HUGE! I have never seen KW or Hahn sell high on any of the White Sox veterans. I really hope they do so now.

Trade these guys: Sale, Q, Abreu, Melky, Frazier and Robertson. This should reshape the entire roster to a point where we'll have plenty to be excited about moving forward. A feeling us White Sox fans haven't had in a LONG time. The hope of a real success future.

Great post, Great Scott, as always!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's zero reason to believe the Indians are actually going away.

Bauer was like their sixth or seventh starter in March. The had Clevinger, Tomlin, Cody Anderson....after Kluber, Salazar and Carrasco.

They've also still got Bradley Zimmer and Merritt, and very strong quality depth in the low minors despite the Miller trade.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 11:01 PM)
Sell Jerry so Sox fans can have some real hope!

That's everyone's hope but it's not happening and part of the reason as I saw elsewhere is capital gains taxes unless the original owner passed away.

Mark

The only way this Cubs championship will help our organization is if it leads to significant changes. And by that a mean a full rebuild. No more half-ass "going for it" offseasons. Take advantage of these next two offseasons, which should both be sellers' markets, and bring in an influx of talent into the organization.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 12:09 AM)
That's everyone's hope but it's not happening and part of the reason as I saw elsewhere is capital gains taxes unless the original owner passed away.

Mark

The heirs would effectively pay capital gains and an estate tax either way I think.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 11:29 PM)
Option A: Sign Cespedes, acquire a dominant reliever, enjoy payoff

Option B: SELL

Pretty much where I'm at. They'd have to get Chapman and Cespedes/Encarnacion for us to have a shot at a World Series run. And we need Renteria to be better than what we got out of Ventura. They are going to have to be willing to spend $40-45 mill/yr above current payroll.

If we could make the playoffs I like our chances to surprise some teams.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 10:34 PM)
Pretty much where I'm at. They'd have to get Chapman and Cespedes/Encarnacion for us to have a shot at a World Series run. And we need Renteria to be better than what we got out of Ventura.

If we could make the playoffs I like our chances to surprise some teams.

And a catcher, and a center fielder, and another starting pitcher.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 11:36 PM)
And a catcher, and a center fielder, and another starting pitcher.

The Indians just went down to Game 7 without a catcher and an entire outfield of stiffs. The pitcher could be a problem but we would only need to get 1 game out of a Gonzalez/Shields/emerging prospect in a hypothetical World Series scenario.

Cespedes would be your CF. Tilson 4th OF, Saladino super sub/DH and we could see if we can bring back Morneau on the cheap and sign a platoon catcher to pair with Narvaez and push Collins quick if he shows signs of success.

Edited by soxforlife05

This God forsaken baseball season is finally over. I can't remember there ever being a worse ending to such a bad season.

I'll always be a White Sox fan though... I'll never EVER switch over to that other team up north who I still refuse to name.

Our FO really needs to get their s*** together. I'm sick of being bad. I'm sick of losing. I'm REALLY sick of being ignored.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 12:49 AM)
This God forsaken baseball season is finally over. I can't remember there ever being a worse ending to such a bad season.

I'll always be a White Sox fan though... I'll never EVER switch over to that other team up north who I still refuse to name.

Our FO really needs to get their s*** together. I'm sick of being bad. I'm sick of losing. I'm REALLY sick of being ignored.

Same here, I'd never switch my allegiances, but if this front office and ownership group continues f*** up on a regular basis, I'm simply going to lose interest in a sport I love dearly. These guys really make it hard to be a White Sox fan right now and they have no one to blame but themselves.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 10:39 PM)
The Indians just went down to Game 7 without a catcher and an entire outfield of stiffs. The pitcher could be a problem but we would only need to get 1 game out of a Gonzalez/Shields/emerging prospect in a hypothetical World Series scenario.

Cespedes would be your CF. Tilson 4th OF, Saladino super sub/DH and we could see if we can bring back Morneau on the cheap and sign a platoon catcher to pair with Narvaez and push Collins quick if he shows signs of success.

If all they signed was Cespedes and Chapman - I'd still look at it as an unfinished job.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 11:54 PM)
Same here, I'd never switch my allegiances, but if this front office and ownership group continues f*** up on a regular basis, I'm simply going to lose interest in a sport I love dearly. These guys really make it hard to be a White Sox fan right now and they have no one to blame but themselves.

It's going to be that way for some time. They kept the same non productive scouts, minor league director, coaches, everything that is not productive. They can't scout at all. I may go into Sox fan exile. There are other teams so there is no reason to lose interest in a sport you love dearly. I do admire what Ricketts has done. This is such a dream come true for him. I wish some other organization was interested in Kenny Williams.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 11:57 PM)
If all they signed was Cespedes and Chapman - I'd still look at it as an unfinished job.

It's a gamble either way. I just think if everything goes right that adding Cespedes and Chapman will maximize your win potential versus adding 4 subpar/borderline starter position players and/or a back end starter.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 01:22 AM)
It's going to be that way for some time. They kept the same non productive scouts, minor league director, coaches, everything that is not productive. They can't scout at all. I may go into Sox fan exile. There are other teams so there is no reason to lose interest in a sport you love dearly. I do admire what Ricketts has done. This is such a dream come true for him. I wish some other organization was interested in Kenny Williams.

I hate the Ricketts and I'll never EVER be a fan of that team. I'd sooner be a Giants or a Blue Jays fan if I couldn't be a White Sox fan anymore. I'm not leaving though... I'm here to stay.

[/center]
QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 12:39 AM)

on the white sox website the showcased Collins, a good natural hitter with power but a fringe catcher that runners ran on him stealing 18 out of 21 attempts.. Already he is better than AJ.

QUOTE (sammy esposito @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 03:19 AM)
on the white sox website the showcased Collins, a good natural hitter with power but a fringe catcher that runners ran on him stealing 18 out of 21 attempts.. Already he is better than AJ.

Well in that case they should just put him in LF and let him focus on hitting.