Potential + Effects of the World Series?

caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 5, 2016 -> 01:36 AM)
I never saw it. Never heard of it. And I assure you I followed every game regular season and postseason in 05. Pretty much every season since then and before then. I haven't slacked off in my interest in the Sox.

They broke it out that year in a series against the Dodgers. I don't know if it was from specifically 1959 or just around at that time. AJ hit a walk off homer vs them and the crowd was going nuts to it. God, the Sox used to be good.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Nov 5, 2016 -> 10:27 AM)
It's real, by a Polka group called Captain Stubby and the Buccaneers. It was released in 1959.

I always enjoyed the song myself.

Mark

Lil Wally Jagiello was the brain child of that song in 59'.. Lil Wally was a very popular Polka musician in Chicago in the 50s and 60s.. I have a couple of relatives who actually knew Lil Wally... He was only about 5'5", thus Lil Wally....

The song was originally written and recorded as an actual Polka. Captain Stubby was not really a Polka group. They were a popular "jingle" band in Chicago in 50'a. In the days before ad agencies just dropped pre-recorded behind commercial.. they had actual musicians come in and record the music beds TV and Radio Commercials...

Captain Stubby sped up Lil Wally's tune, made it less "Polka".. and the rest is history...

Lil Wally was a HUGE White Sox fan.. He died in 2006...

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 5, 2016 -> 07:04 AM)
They broke it out that year in a series against the Dodgers. I don't know if it was from specifically 1959 or just around at that time. AJ hit a walk off homer vs them and the crowd was going nuts to it. God, the Sox used to be good.

That game was so awesome.

Did they stop playing that at games? I had thought they made it a normal part of the stadium experience, but I don't go to many games.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 5, 2016 -> 06:12 PM)
That game was so awesome.

Did they stop playing that at games? I had thought they made it a normal part of the stadium experience, but I don't go to many games.

The Cubs song is ridiculously bad. But that Sox song is way worse if it's possible. Geez, what's with Chicago teams. Get rid of that song, White Sox.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 5, 2016 -> 09:23 PM)
The Cubs song is ridiculously bad. But that Sox song is way worse if it's possible. Geez, what's with Chicago teams. Get rid of that song, White Sox.

I disagree. Love the song, a reminder of when the Sox didn't play second fiddle to anyone, even in their own city and were very, very good on the field.

Mark

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 10:53 PM)
Is this song real? Where did you find this?

LOL. You can't be much of a Sox fan . or possibly a Sox fan at all,and you must not have gone to any games if you haven't heard "Let's Go White Sox."

Baseball is built on tradition and that song has been sung by White Sox fans at games for decades

I personally loath the Go Cubz Go song which is inappropriately done in the country genre, notwithstanding the Chicago roots of the song writer.

Cubs finally got lucky in extra innings of game 7. One and done.

The Ricketts purchased a World Series, but they have now transformed the erstwhile lovable losers into a corporate Disney theme park attraction.

Cub themed Disneyland in Wrigleyville

Edited by miracleon35th

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Nov 6, 2016 -> 01:52 PM)
LOL. You can't be much of a Sox fan . or possibly a Sox fan at all,and you must not have gone to any games if you haven't heard "Let's Go White Sox."

Baseball is built on tradition and that song has been sung by White Sox fans at games for decades

I personally loath the Go Cubz Go song which is inappropriately done in the country genre, notwithstanding the Chicago roots of the song writer.

Cubs finally got lucky in extra innings of game 7. One and done.

The Ricketts purchased a World Series, but they have now transformed the erstwhile lovable losers into a corporate Disney theme park attraction.

Cub themed Disneyland in Wrigleyville

Wow dude. Even the most fervent of White Sox fans have accepted the reality that the Cubs are likely not one and done.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 6, 2016 -> 09:25 PM)
I enjoyed your time away.

Did you, though? Everybody seemed very shaken. Did those mean Cubs fans break through your thin skin?

Man, so many sob stories about people having to sit on the train with those mean Cubbie fans. How dare they celebrate?

Edited by Deadpool

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 04:23 AM)
Where's Dr. Strange to contain you in a mirror room?

The other cinematic universe.

Back on topic. If both the Cubs and the White Sox are good, there is plenty of room and sufficient people on both sides of town to fill either. The Sox aren't moving but they need to get a lot better.

If anything, this championship drums up interest in baseball, which the White Sox can capitalize on.

Edited by Deadpool