Congrats Chicago Cubs

knightni

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 05:24 AM)
It is quite possibly in the most accessible location possible.

What about the suburbs? There have to be some great locations. Lot of cities are in the suburbs. Arlington, Atlanta, etc

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 12:03 AM)
It didn't have to be that way. JR's biggest blunder was not building the new stadium in a very accessible and fan friendly location. He's always been about the bottom line above all else and that explains why he has failed to transform the franchise into something better. He's just not capable of seeing the bigger picture when it comes to spending on the team.

He wanted money from the city to build the stadium.

35th and Shields was a requirement.

I have had such a headache at work through this entire playoff run, but especially yesterday.

I work with two of the dumbest Cub fans I've ever encountered, and they have been a non-stop fountain of dumb this whole time.

Here are a couple of all-time classics from them:

"I wouldn't trade Kerry Wood for Albert Pujols.....Pujols is always hurt!"

and

"Immigration let Alexei Ramirez come to the US to play for the Sox and not the Cubs because Obama is a Sox fan!"

So I was expecting another day of headaches today, but I just found out both of these guys took a vacation day today.

I figured these two huge Cubs fans MUST be going to the parade, but when I asked our team lead about it, he said they each gave the same reason - they were "nervous about being on the train with all those people".

Awesome!

oh, yeah, and congratulations Cubs, I suppose...

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 08:58 AM)
Too many f***ing people lol and when the train arrived downtown, people started singing "Go Cubs Go" or yelling "Let's go Cubs." I turned my iPod up even louder lol

I would have done Uber. Talk around here at work this morning is, REPEAT NEXT YEAR!!!! And the talk changed from Braves run to we are the 90's Bulls! That is your morning update from Mr. Salty. Haha

Was nice to hear the sports radio guys here in Seattle this morning saying how sick they already are of the Cubs coverage. Said they've jumped shark.

The transition to a run of the mill mega payroll ball club, like the Red Sox, has already begun.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 09:31 AM)
The Cubs fan knuckleheads are out if full force.

I wish I had the ability to hack into the sound system at Grant Park. I would start the festivities with Lee Elia's 1983 tirade against Cubs fans. 85% of the people work, the other 15% come out here, it's a playground for those c-suckers.

I would play "smack my b**** up" when chapman takes the stage.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 09:20 AM)
Was nice to hear the sports radio guys here in Seattle this morning saying how sick they already are of the Cubs coverage. Said they've jumped shark.

The transition to a run of the mill mega payroll ball club, like the Red Sox, has already begun.

Yup. It's funny, but the magic is now gone from them.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 10:11 PM)
Great ball game, sure.

But I love the guys who live out of state and don't have to deal with these asshats telling us how we should feel.

I lived in Chicago for five years, and Iowa for 10 (which is all cubs fans)

You can't pull that card with me.

I think all you guys b****ing are just ridiculous. We witnessed one of the greatest moments in the history of sports in that game 7, and all you care about is annoying Cubs fans on the train.

It's been 2 days. They're allowed to be obnoxious. Are you guys really that sensitive that it bothers you? Man up.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 10:19 AM)
I think all you guys b****ing are just ridiculous. We witnessed one of the greatest moments in the history of sports in that game 7, and all you care about is annoying Cubs fans on the train.

It's been 2 days. They're allowed to be obnoxious. Are you guys really that sensitive that it bothers you? Man up.

One of the greatest moments in the history of sports? Lol ok.

It was one of the greatest moments ever for Cubs fans, but everyone else doesn't really give a crap.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 11:22 AM)
One of the greatest moments in the history of sports? Lol ok.

It was one of the greatest moments ever for Cubs fans, but everyone else doesn't really give a crap.

Careful, your bias is showing.

Yes. One of the greatest games and moments and series' in the history of sports. That is not going too far.

Why is it that the posters being bothered is bothering you? Stop being so sensitive dude. Man up.

That's what Sox fans do and are supposed to do. You need to get over it. They were just as annoyed with us 11 years ago, and we certainly didn't care. I'm sure they give a rat's ass that we don't like it now. Why should it bother you?

Just name one thing more annoying than a million or so people in Grant Park singing that stupid song Go, Cubs, Go?

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 11:23 AM)
Why is it that the posters being bothered is bothering you? Stop being so sensitive dude. Man up.

There's a difference between y'all getting your panties in a twist and whining about it, and me laughing and shaking my head at said whining ;)

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 11:24 AM)
That's what Sox fans do and are supposed to do. You need to get over it. They were just as annoyed with us 11 years ago, and we certainly don't care. I'm sure they give a rat's ass that we don't like it either. Why should it bother your?

Just name one thing more annoying than a million or so people in Grant Park singing that stupid song Go, Cubs, Go?

Donald Trump?

There are plenty more annoying things in the world. People coming together and being happy about sports and putting aside whatever other differences they may have shouldn't be even close to the top of the list, IMO.

I dig it.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 10:25 AM)
There's a difference between y'all getting your panties in a twist and whining about it, and me laughing and shaking my head at said whining ;)

Not really. You're b****ing about the b****ing. If you've seen any of my posts about the Cubs the last few years, I'm the last person to tell to stop whining cause I don't really care. But you're just complaining about the complainers. Just like with most things, I find some people to be a little over crazy about this stuff but people are allowed to not be happy about this.

Edited by Rowand44