Congrats Chicago Cubs

knightni

QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 10:16 AM)
It was, but if they're really going to congratulate the Cubs, then congratulate the Cubs and end it. To include all of the other stuff that tweaks the media is just petty bulls*** from an organization that sucks right now.

Its just a twitter account though. Its not like its the FO official public statement about the Cubs winning it.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 10:21 AM)
It's the Sox official Twitter account. That's the organization...period.

Man, some of you guys get way too concerned about tweets. Like I said when people were b****ing about the Cubs twitter account, it's f***in twitter, it doesn't have to be 100 percent serious all of the time.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 10:24 AM)
Man, some of you guys get way too concerned about tweets. Like I said when people were b****ing about the Cubs twitter account, it's f***in twitter, it doesn't have to be 100 percent serious all of the time.

No, it doesn't have to be serious all the time. In fact, some of the tweets last week about not remembering 2005 were funny.

In this case, when the Sox are congratulating the Cubs, they should have left it as a simple congratulations.

My real concern is will we ever see another World Series Championship on the South Side of Chicago? It's been 11 years since 05. 11 years can snowball into 30 or 40 very quickly. I have no confidence in the clown college that is currently running the show at 35th and Shields and its tough to see any light at the end of tunnel. Rick Hahn should be forced to wear a dunce hat to the Winter meetings. Dude has been in over his head since day 1.

Other thing is that this Cub team isn't going away anytime soon. They have an elite core and will be playing baseball every October for the next 4-5 years. The Sox couldn't even make the playoffs in 06 and were a last place team in 07. Theo and company will not allow that to happen on the North Side.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 10:24 AM)

LOL and its not a representation of the organization. Do they think Hahn is in the background telling the guy who runs the twitter, yeah and put win Chicago ANOTHER championship....yeah, you see what I did there?... they will like that.

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 10:29 AM)
LOL and its not a representation of the organization. Do they think Hahn is in the background telling the guy who runs the twitter, yeah and put win Chicago ANOTHER championship....yeah, you see what I did there?... they will like that.

I would respect Hahn so much more if he was. ;)

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 10:27 AM)
My real concern is will we ever see another World Series Championship on the South Side of Chicago? It's been 11 years since 05. 11 years can snowball into 30 or 40 very quickly. I have no confidence in the clown college that is currently running the show at 35th and Shields and its tough to see any light at the end of tunnel. Rick Hahn should be forced to wear a dunce hat to the Winter meetings. Dude has been in over his head since day 1.

Other thing is that this Cub team isn't going away anytime soon. They have an elite core and will be playing baseball every October for the next 4-5 years. The Sox couldn't even make the playoffs in 06 and were a last place team in 07. Theo and company will not allow that to happen on the North Side.

11 years ago the Cubs looked like they'd never get out of mediocrity and the Sox looked poised for a dynasty run.

Things can change in baseball.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 10:38 AM)
Girl Cub fan at work just asked me if i was stressed out? I said no why. She says, well all you sox fans should be stressed out with the win last night and the dynasty we will become.

If we cant get past moments like that then it will be a really miserable next few years. Like serious torture.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 10:31 AM)
11 years ago the Cubs looked like they'd never get out of mediocrity and the Sox looked poised for a dynasty run.

Things can change in baseball.

The Sox were never poised for a dynasty run. How quickly things collapsed after 06 is proof of that. I just see the Sox going the route of San Diego or Milwaukee unfortuntely. An irrelevant franchise who is forever stuck in the middle.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 10:38 AM)
Girl Cub fan at work just asked me if i was stressed out? I said no why. She says, well all you sox fans should be stressed out with the win last night and the dynasty we will become.

Theo's last dynasty lasted one year...hah.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 10:53 AM)
When did theo leave the red sox? 2006? He only saw one ws while he was there correct?

He resigned after 2005 for some reason and then came back as VP of baseball operations after 2006, where he was until 2011 when he left to take over the Cubs. He was only GM for 1 of their titles but he was there for 2 of them and had his fingerprints on the team that won the 3rd.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 10:56 AM)
He resigned after 2005 for some reason and then came back as VP of baseball operations after 2006, where he was until 2011 when he left to take over the Cubs. He was only GM for 1 of their titles but he was there for 2 of them and had his fingerprints on the team that won the 3rd.

Tnanks. I was way off. Wonder how long he rides this cub train?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 10:56 AM)

That's not accurate. He kept his GM title until he left after 2011.

QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 10:16 AM)
It was, but if they're really going to congratulate the Cubs, then congratulate the Cubs and end it. To include all of the other stuff that tweaks the media is just petty bulls*** from an organization that sucks right now.

lmao, if you only knew

The fact of the matter is that the Cubs will be good next year again, and maybe for quite a few years.

But the real concern should be that an AL Central team has been in the World Series 4 of the past 5 years...and none of those teams have been the White Sox. You would think that would be a wake-up call to the organization. Truly compete or burn it down and rebuild. No more half-assing this s***.

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 10:50 AM)
The Sox were never poised for a dynasty run. How quickly things collapsed after 06 is proof of that. I just see the Sox going the route of San Diego or Milwaukee unfortuntely. An irrelevant franchise who is forever stuck in the middle.

Great pitching staff entering their primes, shut down closer and a "get it done" offense became elite the following year.

They were the favorites for half the year in 2006. Then they fell apart.

The Cubs pitching staff can fall apart just as easily. It's baseball.