From ESPN regarding Cotts & Holt

YASNY

Neal Cotts, LHP (Oakland to White Sox in Billy Koch trade)

Second-round pick in 2001 by the Athletics, out of Illinois State. Went 12-6, 4.12 in 28 starts for Class A Modesto in the California League, with 178 strikeouts in 138 innings, an excellent ratio. On the other hand, he walked 87. Toning down on the free passes will be necessary as he moves up. Works at 87-89 mph, with a good curveball and changeup.

Daylan Holt, OF (Oakland to White Sox in Koch trade)

Third-round pick in 2000, out of Texas A&M. Big disappointment in '01, when he hit just .179 in the California League, but he turned it around in '02 by hitting 20 homers and combining for a .286 average between more Cal League action and Double-A. Owns solid raw power, but doesn't always control the strike zone or keep his swing consistent.

As I stated previously my little birdie tells me that Cotts has kicked it up a bit on the radar gun. It's rare to see a pitcher with that good a K/IP ratio to only have a heater in the high eighties. I think that Cotts has a shot at the ML. The other guy? Fugghetaboutit! It will be interesting to see if Valentine or Cotts do well in the long run. The Koch trade may take a while to evaluate properly.

Originally posted by SI1020

As I stated previously my little birdie tells me that Cotts has kicked it up a bit on the radar gun. It's rare to see a pitcher with that good a K/IP ratio to only have a heater in the high eighties. I think that Cotts has a shot at the ML. The other guy? Fugghetaboutit! It will be interesting to see if Valentine or Cotts do well in the long run. The Koch trade may take a while to evaluate properly.

i question the 82 mph fastball. now i see he around 87 mph

I like the idea of having a strong left handed pitcher that seems to have good secondary pitches. 90 mph is plenty if you have a sharp curve and a quality change. It ain't like Zito or Mulder or Glavine gun it. Buerhle don't either.

This Holt guy seems like he's a potential 5 tool guy, that needs a lot of work. He may be one of those guys that figures things out later, but he definately has a lot of developing to do.

Holy is definately not a five tool guy. I have nothing against the young man, but he is alot like Joaquin Pheonix in 'Signs'. He swings too hard too often. He needs someone to teach him that making it to the show isn't about hitting the ball out, it's about situation hitting, and being smart at the plate. He has a lot to learn. Cotts is a very good pitcher, who with some polishing could see time in the bigs in a couple of years.