President-Elect Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 07:25 AM)
Tillerson for Secretary of state. He has zero diplomatic and foreign policy experience, but he does have business ties to Russia.

And, even more absurdly, Rick Perry for department of energy. This was one of the departments Perry wanted to eliminate.

Don't forget Fiorina in the running for Director of National Intelligence.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 07:25 AM)
Tillerson for Secretary of state. He has zero diplomatic and foreign policy experience, but he does have business ties to Russia.

And, even more absurdly, Rick Perry for department of energy. This was one of the departments Perry wanted to eliminate.

Replacing a nuclear physicist with Rick f***ing Perry.

Eventually the mouth breathers who voted for Trump are going to figure out they were duped, I think. But maybe they will continue to just do racist things while shouting "Trump."

His white nationalist chief adviser's stated goal is to dismantle the federal government. Looks like Republicans are going to blow up about a century's worth of progress in a few short years.

His true believers are in a cult of personality and won't ever admit any faults of their dear leader, but hopefully enough of the soft Trump supporters and reluctant Democratic non-voters this cycle pull their heads out of their asses.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 08:50 AM)
Replacing a nuclear physicist with Rick f***ing Perry.

Eventually the mouth breathers who voted for Trump are going to figure out they were duped, I think. But maybe they will continue to just do racist things while shouting "Trump."

I will never mock Ernest Moniz's hair again.

This is like watching a badly written movie unfold.

I don't expect it to ultimately hold, but there are a handful of Republicans that have at least questioned some of these nominations, such as Rubio on Tillerson.

On the other hand, former Sec. Rice and Robert Gates strongly recommend him, and oh they just happen to own a consulting firm that has Exxon-Mobile as clients. Drain the swamp!

The current guy in that position has a PhD in theoretical physics, the guy before him also did, and had a Nobel Prize, the guy before that in the Republican administration had a Doctor of Science from MIT.

And then there's Rick Perry.

Get the entire f*** out of here.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 09:20 AM)
I don't expect it to ultimately hold, but there are a handful of Republicans that have at least questioned some of these nominations, such as Rubio on Tillerson.

On the other hand, former Sec. Rice and Robert Gates strongly recommend him, and oh they just happen to own a consulting firm that has Exxon-Mobile as clients. Drain the swamp!

At this point I'm expecting Lex Luthor to be nominated for a position.

All Republicans will fall into line when it comes time to approve all these cabinet positions. I would be shocked otherwise.

I also doubt the Democratic party will do much to stop it. A few will, but probably not enough.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 10:29 AM)
All Republicans will fall into line when it comes time to approve all these cabinet positions. I would be shocked otherwise.

I also doubt the Democratic party will do much to stop it. A few will, but probably not enough.

Democrats will try to block it but as a party, that's just not how they roll. Republicans are basically all interchangeable and can fall in line when the party's official position dictates they do so. There's no such thing for Democrats.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 09:23 AM)
The current guy in that position has a PhD in theoretical physics, the guy before him also did, and had a Nobel Prize, the guy before that in the Republican administration had a Doctor of Science from MIT.

A man who forgot the name of the Department he wanted to remove. Which he now will get to lead.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 09:27 AM)
At this point I'm expecting Lex Luthor to be nominated for a position.

Too qualified.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 09:29 AM)

Dems don't have much power to. 52-48 in the Senate means Republicans can proceed unimpeded unless Graham can form an actual anti-Trump coalition on the right.

Everyone realizes that managing oil and gas reserves, what Rick Perry would do in Texas, is not what is done by the department of Energy correct? Nuclear weapons, electricity grid, etc? The part dealing with oil and gas extraction is under Interior a lot.

Someone needs to send "Profiles in Courage" to all the Republican Senators. Tillerson and Perry are absolutely insane picks, and someone over there needs to grow a spine and fight back. Republicans pushed back on Bush over Harriet Miers. Maybe they will do the same here...

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 09:58 AM)
Everyone realizes that managing oil and gas reserves, what Rick Perry would do in Texas, is not what is done by the department of Energy correct? Nuclear weapons, electricity grid, etc? The part dealing with oil and gas extraction is under Interior a lot.

Yep, national labs too (though that crosses over with nukes a lot too)

You need Paul...McCain...Lindsey Graham, etc. to cross over.

DeVos wants to wipe out the Dept. of Education and was for, now against Common Core.

EPA head wants to dismantle that.

Dr. Ben Carson doesn't believe in public housing/assistance but is HUD's leader.

Perry now.

It's almost laughable. The only thing tolerable about this whole fiasco is the stock market run-up, but that won't be sustainable if the Fed keeps raising interest rates. Of course, Trump will probably jawbone that back down too despite complaining numerous times about the "easy money" policy under Obama.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 09:23 AM)

Borrowing this in spirit on social media.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/common-core-an-u...-210400098.html

You couldn't make up this stuff if you actually tried. Tillerson blasts Texas for not adopting Common Core and handicapping Exxon in its ability to find suitable workers in the future.

Leading Texas for much of that time in the Federal/national standards battle...of course, Rick Perry.

I'm pretty sure even wearing the glasses isn't going to fool anyone.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 10:58 AM)

By "everyone" you mean the Trump team right? I would say "no, I don't think they do" but I think Perry not knowing is also the point.