President-Elect Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

Let's all just move on now.

By the way, the Russians are now are friends. We can trust them implicitly.

And when all the unions are gone, ObamaCare, the minimum wage, the environment, the Department of Education, all public lands, gay people, the National Endowment for the Arts...who will you go after next?

Oh, that's right...all those senior citizens and members of the middle class who have paid into Social Security and Medicare their entire lives.

Then who in the world will be left to consume the products graciously bestowed on us by the job creators?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 08:19 AM)
Let's all just move on now.

Excellent

By the way, the Russians are now are friends. We can trust them implicitly.

And when all the unions are gone, ObamaCare, the minimum wage, the environment, the Department of Education, all public lands, gay people, the National Endowment for the Arts...who will you go after next?

Oh, that's right...all those senior citizens and members of the middle class who have paid into Social Security and Medicare their entire lives.

Then who in the world will be left to consume the products graciously bestowed on us by the job creators?

Well you made it thru one sentence of one post. Top notch!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 09:21 AM)
This would be the liberal nightmare scenario for the whole telling people that they can't deny people services for religious, moral, or ethical reasons.

I don't think that is correct. This is an employment issue between the Rockettes corporate and their individual dancers. There has to be a contract governing the relationship between the individual dancers and their employer, and their contract would control the extent to which they can pick and choose their outside engagement.

Also, that's a pretty broad reading of the liberal position on services. The guy who was harassing Ivanka Trump on that plane? The airline had every right to kick him off the plane because he was being a disruptive, a-hole. The airline wouldn't have the right to kick him off the plane because he was gay, muslim, etc.

To the extent that the individual Rockettes think Donald Trump is an a-hole, I don't see where that fits in with your broad reading about denying people services for religious, moral, or ethical reasons. You can choose not to provide services to someone who is an a-hole. You just can't refuse services because they are a Republican, or a Christian, or an African-American, etc.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 03:21 PM)
This would be the liberal nightmare scenario for the whole telling people that they can't deny people services for religious, moral, or ethical reasons.

Unless the Rockettes constitute a public accomodation and they're refusing service to Trump on the basis of a protected class (race, ethnicity, religion, etc), it's not an issue at all.

It's helpful that he doesn't trust computers, e-mail (leaves a paper trail leading back to mistresses is the main reason for avoidance), know what Israeli settlements are...and doesn't realize Twitter is also part of the Internet.

He does at least have a Samsung Galaxy, but no nifty ipad like Obama for the often-ignored daily National Security Briefing.

At any rate, who actually needs that when Putin, Kim Jong Eun and Duterte are always available for some friendly advice?

One thing that's really confusing me with Trump is why he's so enamored with Russia. It's pretty easy to identify Putin's foreign policy goals and motivations, but I'm still left really confused as to what the US is supposed to get out of the Trumpist stance.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 02:49 PM)
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/dona...233065?cmpid=sf

Trump surrogates are claiming the sanctions are really against them.

Dear lord America, you got played.

no puppet

no puppet

you're the puppet

ZLwASHN.jpg

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 03:34 PM)
I'm curious what the people, who 8 years ago were calling BO a communist, think of all this.

Well they all seem to be fellating Russia now, which is weird if you ask me. Trump is already proving he's the great uniter, I mean he is going to make Russia super friendly toward the US again.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 05:09 PM)
Well they all seem to be fellating Russia now, which is weird if you ask me. Trump is already proving he's the great uniter, I mean he is going to make Russia super friendly toward the US again.

See that's the fun part. If it were a Republican in office, we'd hear non-stop about the two failed wars in Libya and Syria, along with reigniting the cold war with Russia.