President-Elect Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 10:42 AM)
Listen, you can hand wave the DNC corruption, that's your prerogative. It's definitely not a myth as you claim. You had the media saying that BS had no chance and that it was already over. That's pretty much telling people to stay home and not vote which is bulls***. Granted, people need to be think for themselves and not be so influenced by the media. You had the delegate count with the super delegates included. That was another bulls*** ass method to manipulate people. You had emails that were leaked that showed the DNC were in cahoots with HRC. BS was an outsider to the DNC and their actions showed he wasn't going to get a fair shake. If the DNC let the democratic process take place without any shenanigans and HRC won, maybe just maybe she wins. That's all people wanted. The irony is the Republicans also had their own outsider and they allowed the primaries to play out and he won.

Hillary won a bunch of red states in the primaries that were not going to vote for her in the general. BS won those states that Hillary lost in general. I can say with the putrid voter turnout this election a guy like BS would have got people out to vote for him and win the damn thing. Hillary sucked and that was proven. You want to know why, because DONALD f***ING TRUMP was her opponent and she still got beat.

Lastly, the DNC is already split. The neoliberals and establishment democrats just got their teeth knocked down their throat and the progressive wing is trying to repair the party's image. The Clinton's are cancer and now they are gone we'll see just how much resolve they have now.

46% of the country didn't vote and ~24% elected Trump president. That's a lot of people that stayed home under the threat of president Trump.

Hillary sucks. That is all.

FWIW that's the same argument Hillfolk used against Obama in 2008. He still went on to win. And as for the media coverage, you could have said the same thing about Trump's chances being portrayed as "LOL" but people still showed up.

Edited by StrangeSox

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 10:44 AM)
They are literally laughing their way through the questions about his past.

Republicans haven't asked a single serious question. His confirmation is a foregone conclusion.

jeff sessions literally once said, about immigrants being allowed to join the army: "who's more likely to be a spy, a guy from alabama or a guy from kenya?" note: only one of these places has actually declared war on the United States

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 10:44 AM)
FWIW that's the same argument Hillfolk used against Obama in 2008. He still went on to win. And as for the media coverage, you could have said the same thing about Trump's chances being portrayed as "LOL" but people still showed up.

Obama had the ultimate X factor. He was black. If HRC was black, she would have won. Yes, I'm admitting this.

Additionally, Trump brought out some dark roots in people that made them think, "YES, HELL YES, f*** MUSLIMS, f*** N*****, f*** ANYONE THAT'S NON-WHITE.

A lot of people have these thoughts in the country and they were definitely going to vote for a non PC person like Trump.

Edited by KagakuOtoko

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 10:47 AM)
Obama had the ultimate X factor. He was black. If HRC was black, she would have won. Yes, I'm admitting this.

Black women politicians are so successful at winning elections. The black women caucus is huge.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 10:42 AM)
Listen, you can hand wave the DNC corruption, that's your prerogative. It's definitely not a myth as you claim. You had the media saying that BS had no chance and that it was already over. That's pretty much telling people to stay home and not vote which is bulls***. Granted, people need to be think for themselves and not be so influenced by the media. You had the delegate count with the super delegates included. That was another bulls*** ass method to manipulate people. You had emails that were leaked that showed the DNC were in cahoots with HRC. BS was an outsider to the DNC and their actions showed he wasn't going to get a fair shake. If the DNC let the democratic process take place without any shenanigans and HRC won, maybe just maybe she wins. That's all people wanted. The irony is the Republicans also had their own outsider and they allowed the primaries to play out and he won.

Hillary won a bunch of red states in the primaries that were not going to vote for her in the general. BS won those states that Hillary lost in general. I can say with the putrid voter turnout this election a guy like BS would have got people out to vote for him and win the damn thing. Hillary sucked and that was proven. You want to know why, because DONALD f***ING TRUMP was her opponent and she still got beat.

Lastly, the DNC is already split. The neoliberals and establishment democrats just got their teeth knocked down their throat and the progressive wing is trying to repair the party's image. The Clinton's are cancer and now they are gone we'll see just how much resolve they have now.

46% of the country didn't vote and ~24% elected Trump president. That's a lot of people that stayed home under the threat of president Trump.

Hillary sucks. That is all.

Not sure what you are responding to. I never said that the DNC wasnt "corrupt", I said that Bernie didnt get screwed.

The next line of logic makes absolutely no sense. The media said "Trump" had no chance and it was already over, yet Trump won. Trump won a bunch of "blue states" in the primary, CA, NY, IL, and lost Texas/Ohio/Wisconsin/Minnesota. There is a certain irony that you are calling out the DNC, but then saying that somehow Sanders, who lost, should have been the nominee because he did better in states that were more necessary to win the Presidential election. Well that isnt how the primary works. You keep saying if they let the "Democratic process play out", but have yet to show any evidence that Bernie Sanders had votes denied or Clinton was given votes.

Bernie Sanders lost, just like the Blue Jays or the Red Sox. Maybe the AL could change its rules so that the team they think "has the best chance to beat the NL" is just placed in the World Series and they dont have to play the games. I guess the DNC could do that too, but that would seemingly be less "democratic" than having primaries where the winner is nominated. There is just a lot of false logic in what you are saying as Hillary also beat Sanders in Pennsylvania, Florida, Virginia and North Carolina. Who knows if Sanders could have won, maybe merely being a white male would have pushed him over the top.

But again, if Hillary sucks, Sanders sucked worse. Because it wasnt that competitive of a race, it was 60% to 39%. For comparison in 2008, Obama was 53%, Clinton was 46%, and if you take out "superdelegate" it was 51% to 49%. Even more ironic, is that Obama did well in "red states" in the primary.

So where is the smoke? Hillary lost to Obama by the very same rules that she beat Sanders. In fact Hillary crushed Sanders when compared to the Obama/Clinton race.

I know history and facts are boring, but Sanders lost because he couldnt beat Clinton in the primaries. The DNC didnt change the rules to help Clinton, they didnt give Clinton votes. Now if you want to change the primary system, that is a legitimate argument, but you cant retroactively do it.

Edited by Soxbadger

Sessions gets his ass kissed from fellow republicans and some great jokes by funny man Lindsey Graham!

Democrats are cowards and so we probably get AG Sessions confirmed with ease. A man who thinks the worst think about the KKK is they smoke pot and thinks the NAACP are communists.

I think we are in trouble here folks.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 11:48 AM)
Sessions gets his ass kissed from fellow republicans and some great jokes by funny man Lindsey Graham!

Democrats are cowards and so we probably get AG Sessions confirmed with ease. A man who thinks the worst think about the KKK is they smoke pot and thinks the NAACP are communists.

Most of Trump's worst policies and ideas overlaps heavily with the rest of the GOP's. We shouldn't be surprised. The most Democrats can do is make a big stink and get as much publicity as possible, but they don't have the votes to stop anything if the Republicans want to confirm all of these awful appointments.

.@SenatorSessions: "On the surface" voter ID "doesn't appear to me" to disproportionately affect minority voters.

glad this is the man who will be in charge of enforcing our civil rights and voting laws.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 11:48 AM)

Yep, they arent questioning him at all. Its pathetic.

She would have won if her name was Twillary Blinton or Killary Plinton. But people HATE Hillary Clinton, including many women, so here we are.

New Quinnipiac poll out:

American voters approve 55 - 39 percent of the job President Barack Obama is doing, his best approval rating in seven years, according to a Quinnipiac University national poll released today. These same voters disapprove 51 - 37 percent of the way Donald Trump is handling his job as president-elect.

Donald Trump will be a worse president than Barack Obama, 45 percent of voters say, while 34 percent say he will be a better president and 15 percent say he will be about the same, American voters tell the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University Poll.

Americans are optimistic 52 - 43 percent about the next four years with Trump as president and say 47 - 31 percent that he will help rather than hurt the nation's economy.

Trump will be a "great" president, 12 percent of voters say; 30 percent say he will be a "good" president; 20 percent say he will be "not so good" and 32 percent say he will be "bad."

The measures of Trump's personal qualities all are more negative than they were in a November 22 Quinnipiac University poll:

53 - 39 percent that he is not honest, compared to 52 - 42 percent November 22;

49 - 44 percent that he has good leadership skills, compared to 56 - 38 percent;

52 - 44 percent that he does not care about average Americans, compared to 51 - 45 percent who said he did care;

62 - 33 percent that he is not level-headed, compared to 57 - 38 percent;

71 - 25 percent that he is a strong person, compared to 74 - 23 percent;

68 - 27 percent that he is intelligent, compared to 74 - 21 percent.

Bit confused as to how most people think Trump will be a worse President, don't like the way he's handling being President-elect by a wide margin but are still optimistic for the next 4 years and think he'll be good for the economy.

No chance. Obama had the ability to make people believe. Jesse Jackson couldn't pull that off in the mainstream, even without the fancy Muslim name to use as a scare device.

Really that is what Hillary was missing. She had no charm. She had no mass appeal. She didn't inspire anyone. Honestly if she hadn't been married to one of the most charismatic Presidents of the last century, I really wonder if she'd have been able to win an elected office. People voting for President want to feel like this person who is taking the highest office is going to be doing great things. I don't know that I have ever met anyone who said that about Hillary Clinton. Hell even Trump inspires his base to maddening levels, which is why he won.

Let me put it this way. If it were Barack Obama on top of the ticket instead of Hillary Clinton, the electoral map looks like 1984.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 12:25 PM)
Let me put it this way. If it were Barack Obama on top of the ticket instead of Hillary Clinton, the electoral map looks like 1984.

I don't deny that, just pointing out that the argument 'but she only won red states in the primaries!' doesn't really line up with general election results.

It's extremely unfortunate that people need to feel personally "inspired" in order to vote against such an awful human being like Trump, but that's the reality for many people and it's part of what cost Clinton the election for sure.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 12:28 PM)
Unless it's just the dishonest media being dishonest, Mexico insists it will not pay for the wall Trump is building and claiming we will be reimbursed. He may have to send them a tweet.

That wall is never going to happen like pretty much everything he promised his uneducated base.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 11:24 AM)
Not sure what you are responding to. I never said that the DNC wasnt "corrupt", I said that Bernie didnt get screwed.

The next line of logic makes absolutely no sense. The media said "Trump" had no chance and it was already over, yet Trump won. Trump won a bunch of "blue states" in the primary, CA, NY, IL, and lost Texas/Ohio/Wisconsin/Minnesota. There is a certain irony that you are calling out the DNC, but then saying that somehow Sanders, who lost, should have been the nominee because he did better in states that were more necessary to win the Presidential election. Well that isnt how the primary works. You keep saying if they let the "Democratic process play out", but have yet to show any evidence that Bernie Sanders had votes denied or Clinton was given votes.

Bernie Sanders lost, just like the Blue Jays or the Red Sox. Maybe the AL could change its rules so that the team they think "has the best chance to beat the NL" is just placed in the World Series and they dont have to play the games. I guess the DNC could do that too, but that would seemingly be less "democratic" than having primaries where the winner is nominated. There is just a lot of false logic in what you are saying as Hillary also beat Sanders in Pennsylvania, Florida, Virginia and North Carolina. Who knows if Sanders could have won, maybe merely being a white male would have pushed him over the top.

But again, if Hillary sucks, Sanders sucked worse. Because it wasnt that competitive of a race, it was 60% to 39%. For comparison in 2008, Obama was 53%, Clinton was 46%, and if you take out "superdelegate" it was 51% to 49%. Even more ironic, is that Obama did well in "red states" in the primary.

So where is the smoke? Hillary lost to Obama by the very same rules that she beat Sanders. In fact Hillary crushed Sanders when compared to the Obama/Clinton race.

I know history and facts are boring, but Sanders lost because he couldnt beat Clinton in the primaries. The DNC didnt change the rules to help Clinton, they didnt give Clinton votes. Now if you want to change the primary system, that is a legitimate argument, but you cant retroactively do it.

I know I know the leaked emails claiming the sabotage are just complete and utter bulls***. I never claimed their was voter fraud in the primaries, voter suppression OTOH, absolutely. Also I never said Sanders should have been the nominee, I just simply said to have the primaries without shenanigans. I know the numbers back up Hillary won but to some it's a giant asterisk.

As for the Trump bit, his supporters are extremely resilient if you haven't noticed; they were going to vote for him no matter what. He got his base so fired up that he could have said anything f***ed up during the campaign and the supporters would have believed he never said that. That's some grade A charisma right there.

Listen the DNC can do whatever shenanigans they want as it's their party but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't clean up their act if there are more red victories in the future. They are under a giant microscope now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 02:46 PM)
Donald Trump met with anti-vaccine conspiracy theorist Robert F. Kennedy today to discuss vaccines.

Kennedy says that Trump asked him to run a commission on vaccines. This will kill a bunch of Americans.