President-Elect Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 09:48 AM)
Sessions gets his ass kissed from fellow republicans and some great jokes by funny man Lindsey Graham!

Democrats are cowards and so we probably get AG Sessions confirmed with ease. A man who thinks the worst think about the KKK is they smoke pot and thinks the NAACP are communists.

I think we are in trouble here folks.

Do people believe that Sessions said that pot comment in seriousness? When I heard it, it sounds like someone who was being totally sarcastic. Please note, I'm specifically referring to that comment not other aspects of Sessions.

He's not actually answering any of the questions and instead is using his answers to just insult anyone who challenges him.

My god, the next four years are going to be such a s***show, and his followers are so wrapped up in his cult of personality they'll never see it or admit it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 11, 2017 -> 11:10 AM)
Do people believe that Sessions said that pot comment in seriousness? When I heard it, it sounds like someone who was being totally sarcastic. Please note, I'm specifically referring to that comment not other aspects of Sessions.

Sessions has a history of being a hardcore War on Drugs guy and a pretty sketchy history of attacking various minority groups like the NAACP and working to suppress minority votes, so it doesn't seem like a stretch to assume it's "kidding on the square" at best. There's a reason that a GOP Senate thought he was too racist in the 1980's to be appointed.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 11, 2017 -> 11:10 AM)

I would take it as a bad joke if wasn't coming from someone with his record on civil rights.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 11, 2017 -> 11:12 AM)
See comment a few posts above this

It's pretty amazing that anyone could look at how Trump has conducted himself over the past two months, let alone the last few years, and think "Yes, this is good. This man is fit to be the President."

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 11, 2017 -> 11:20 AM)
It's pretty amazing that anyone could look at how Trump has conducted himself over the past two months, let alone the last few years, and think "Yes, this is good. This man is fit to be the President."

My cousins think this. At least I don't communicate with them anymore.

Refused to answer whether any of his people were in contact with Russia. This is good. This is normal.

At least he's finally come around to acknowledging that Russia did in fact interfere in the election rather than undermining the intelligence community as he did for weeks.

e: and ended the conference with a reality TV show catch phrase. We're fully into Idiocracy territory now.

e2: lol confirmed moron

Sopan Deb @SopanDeb

Trump refuses to give @Acosta a question because CNN is "fake news" but then calls on CNN's @JDiamond1. Classic.

11:14 AM - 11 Jan 2017

Edited by StrangeSox

What kills me are the people who think he's smart and a nice guy. Someone you'd want to grab a beer with.

Like, Obama I would love to shoot the s*** with. I disagree with him on the vast majority of his policy positions, but as a person he seems like a very likeable dude. He's not someone i'm embarrassed to have as our representative. He doesn't say dumb things every time he opens his mouth.

Trump is the complete opposite. The next 4 or god forbid 8 years are going to be an absolute s*** show. And what's funny is the economy will probably do well just because of the nature of the cycle so he will get praised for it.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 11, 2017 -> 11:34 AM)
Besides that whole press conference being stupid and embarrassing. The way Trump treats the press is pretty worrisome.

Vicente Fox Quesada @VicenteFoxQue

After #TrumpPressConference, it's clear that we're facing a new era of dictatorship with @realDonaldTrump. He's not a democratic leader.

11:30 AM - 11 Jan 2017

he's also right here:

Vicente Fox Quesada @VicenteFoxQue

Trump, not a country no leader will respect you because you don't even take yourself seriously.

11:27 AM - 11 Jan 2017

Some look at substance and policy instead of style. Many agree with his promises. We'll see if he sticks to them.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jan 11, 2017 -> 11:25 AM)
What kills me are the people who think he's smart and a nice guy. Someone you'd want to grab a beer with.

Like, Obama I would love to shoot the s*** with. I disagree with him on the vast majority of his policy positions, but as a person he seems like a very likeable dude. He's not someone i'm embarrassed to have as our representative. He doesn't say dumb things every time he opens his mouth.

Trump is the complete opposite. The next 4 or god forbid 8 years are going to be an absolute s*** show. And what's funny is the economy will probably do well just because of the nature of the cycle so he will get praised for it.

No doubt.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 11, 2017 -> 11:45 AM)
Some look at substance and policy instead of style. Many agree with his promises. We'll see if he sticks to them.

Not sure how substance and policy are a point in favor of Trump either, especially substance.

But if someone's all on board the Trump Train for his white nationalist and pro-Russia policies, his only really consistent policy positions, okay. It still takes a hell of a lot to ignore just how awful his "style" is, which does matter when you're the leader of a country, and his conflicts of interest, threats to the press, etc.

Edited by StrangeSox

@dominicholden 17m17 minutes ago

CNN’s Jim @Acosta said on the air that Trump’s team threatened to yank him from press conference if he tried to speak up again.

One day Trump will just take questions from Breitbart. His own personal propaganda website.

This is real life, folks. The American people can no longer be trusted to, in the era of the electoral college, elect someone for the people. 3 million more votes for someone eminemtly more qualified and somehow this has happened.

Our country is in very real trouble.

C152FweXEAE5dFR.jpg

Jeff Stein ‏@JStein_Vox 1h1 hour ago

Trump team at the Sessions hearing just passed out a dossier citing an article about "how black Democrats stole votes"

5 replies 158 retweets 67 likes

Reply 5 Retweet 158

Like 67

More

lets see what his policies look like, though. give him a chance.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 11, 2017 -> 11:53 AM)
@dominicholden 17m17 minutes ago

CNN’s Jim @Acosta said on the air that Trump’s team threatened to yank him from press conference if he tried to speak up again.

One day Trump will just take questions from Breitbart. His own personal propaganda website.

He's had no problem skirting very real rules so far. Now comes the First Amendment.

This ends one of three ways.

1 - Trump is in office for 4 years, somehow the country is still standing

2 - all out world war with us teaming up with the russians

3 - some heroes somewhere arrest him for his various crimes already committed and to be committed.

This is f***ing madness.