President-Elect Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (brett05 @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 10:13 AM)
I hope you don't have to be right in your job.

You cannot lose something you never competed for.

I guess I should go around and say I lost the 2016 Presidential Election. And the 2016 World Series. Oh wait....smh

Your comparisons are distinguishable. You are trying to semantically argue that eventhough Trump and Clinton went head to head, and even though Clinton had more votes, Trump didnt "technically" lose the popular vote because winning the popular vote wasnt a condition precedent to winning the election.

The problem is that the definition of "lose" does not include "had to have competed for".

Lose- be deprived of or cease to have or retain (something).

Trump was deprived of having more votes in the popular election. Aka Trump "lost" the popular election.

I can win on semantics, I can win on facts. But please find a definition of lost that includes "has to have competed."

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (brett05 @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 10:25 AM)
where our healthcare was 1/3 less, our work force was greater, our poverty less, our debt 50% less, our poor less. Yes that time period.

Man you believe every meme you've seen on Facebook, huh?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 10:30 AM)
Indicative of pretty much most of that base. I feel bad for the working and lower class that are about to be royally f***ed.

Yeah, the complete lack of fact-checking makes me feel less bad for them and more bad for the people who will suffer due to inequality who did NOT vote for Trump.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 10:27 AM)
Man you believe every meme you've seen on Facebook, huh?

Not even worth it Steve. If someone cant admit that 65 > 62, there really is just no point in discussing anything.

The better example of his comparisons would have been:

Team A and Team B compete in a game of basketball. Team A wins the game, but team B out rebounds team A 50 to 1. Someone writes an article saying that team A "lost" the rebound battle. And a team A supporter argues "team A didnt lose the rebound battle because they werent competing for rebounds."

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 10:31 AM)
Yeah, the complete lack of fact-checking makes me feel less bad for them and more bad for the people who will suffer due to inequality who did NOT vote for Trump.

We are on the verge of seeing the largest class divide in history. The 1% is going to get so much richer in the next 4 years.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 10:26 AM)
Your comparisons are distinguishable. You are trying to semantically argue that eventhough Trump and Clinton went head to head, and even though Clinton had more votes, Trump didnt "technically" lose the popular vote because winning the popular vote wasnt a condition precedent to winning the election.

The problem is that the definition of "lose" does not include "had to have competed for".

Lose- be deprived of or cease to have or retain (something).

Trump was deprived of having more votes in the popular election. Aka Trump "lost" the popular election.

I can win on semantics, I can win on facts. But please find a definition of lost that includes "has to have competed."

No thanks Trollboy.

I lost the Presidency. Oh Man!!!

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 10:33 AM)
We are on the verge of seeing the largest class divide in history. The 1% is going to get so much richer in the next 4 years.

Some asshat downstairs in my office who voted for Trump is elated today because his kids are in private school and he's likely to save some money.

This is why conservatives can f*** themselves. Never out for the greater good. Never.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 10:31 AM)
Not even worth it Steve. If someone cant admit that 65 > 62, there really is just no point in discussing anything.

The better example of his comparisons would have been:

Team A and Team B compete in a game of basketball. Team A wins the game, but team B out rebounds team A 50 to 1. Someone writes an article saying that team A "lost" the rebound battle. And a team A supporter argues "team A didnt lose the rebound battle because they werent competing for rebounds."

And for folks like you, they won the rebound numbers so they deserve the W

QUOTE (brett05 @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 10:37 AM)
And for folks like you, they won the rebound numbers so they deserve the W

Actually no. Trump won based on the rules.

But take solace in the fact that in your world 65 is not greater than 62. Throughout history there have been many who have denied science and fact, you are just another on that long list.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 10:35 AM)
Some asshat downstairs in my office who voted for Trump is elated today because his kids are in private school and he's likely to save some money.

This is why conservatives can f*** themselves. Never out for the greater good. Never.

To be fair, a lot of the working class thinks Trump is going to reopen the old mill and bring back a dead manufacturing industry. Its not going to happen, but they really bought into it.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 10:36 AM)
Get someone to look it up for you.

That seems to be your move. I am capable of fact checking.

Unemployment

2008: 6.5%

2016: 4.9%

Health Insurance

Premiums have dropped since ACA was passed

Adler_Exhibit1.png

National Debt

Rose 55% while GWB was in office

Rose 57% while BHO was in office

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports...debt_histo5.htm

Poverty Rates

2008: 13.5%

2016: 13.5%

But this is the difference between me and most Trump votes (present company included). While you depend on Facebook memes to make life decisions, I am capable of doing my own fact-checking like the educated adult I am.