White Sox News FA / Rumors / News

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Dec 3, 2016 -> 10:51 PM)
Well it pains to me to say, they are the World Series Champions and with that young core-- they will be very good for the next 3-4 seasons. Normally the team that most recently wins it all becomes the most attractive model. In this case-- its unique because the Cubs were very transparent about their plans early on-- pretty much indirectly admitting to their fansbase they planned on tanking for multiple seasons to obtain high draft picks and seek out quality prospects. When Theo took over in 2012, the Cubs had nowhere near the assets that the White Sox currently have to offer. If Hahn does this right, the White Sox farm system and main roster will be very fun to watch in the very near future. Listen, I know not all the prospects the White Sox get in return will stick-- but as important as quality of returns-- it doesn't hurt to acquire quantity as well. Chris Getz-- you will be very busy the next few years. Don't screw up the development of our incoming prospects and high draft picks.

With this accelerated rebuild, I want my favorite team ready to compete for a World Series by 2019-- 100 years after the sad blacksox scandal. How sweet would that be? "100 years after throwing a WS, the White Sox win it all. Okay, sorry. I'm a bit of a baseball romantic.

Are you assuming the other team "throwing" it in 2019??

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 4, 2016 -> 06:29 PM)
Buster OlneyVerified account

‏@Buster_ESPN

Total speculation:If the Chris Sale asking price drops, BOS will have most significant combination of motivation/prospects to finish a deal.

I love this. "TOTAL SPECULATION" What a scoop

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 4, 2016 -> 03:48 PM)
I love this. "TOTAL SPECULATION" What a scoop

He's just analyzing. People will assume everything he says is from inside sourcing so he lets you know if it's just his opinion.

Even if the White Sox make what is considered to be a great deal for Chris Sale, it really sucks knowing that a primary reason for the trade is that the organization has been unable to find any positional talent of their through the draft which has led to the free agency moves that have mainly done little to nothing, to where we are now, where the only way to 'fix' the team is a half-way rebuild centered around their best player. Just sucks to be a Sox fan right now with the struggles of the front office to add to the talent of the rotation.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Dec 4, 2016 -> 09:11 PM)
Even if the White Sox make what is considered to be a great deal for Chris Sale, it really sucks knowing that a primary reason for the trade is that the organization has been unable to find any positional talent of their through the draft which has led to the free agency moves that have mainly done little to nothing, to where we are now, where the only way to 'fix' the team is a half-way rebuild centered around their best player. Just sucks to be a Sox fan right now with the struggles of the front office to add to the talent of the rotation.

Very, VERY true.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Dec 4, 2016 -> 11:18 PM)
Ken Rosenthal tonight tweeted that the Astros and Rangers are now out of the mix for Sale. If true, it appears the market for him is drying up, not expanding as many said it would if the Sox waited until the off-season.

Mark

It has expanded. Washington and Atlanta supposedlupy have the best 2 offers. Those weren't reported in July. So there probably was so,e truth in the report Boston's prospects offer didn't include Moncada or Benitendi.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Dec 4, 2016 -> 11:18 PM)
Ken Rosenthal tonight tweeted that the Astros and Rangers are now out of the mix for Sale. If true, it appears the market for him is drying up, not expanding as many said it would if the Sox waited until the off-season.

Mark

Except by all reports there was zero market for him in the season.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 08:03 AM)
Can someone with Insider please summarize?

Basically that some in the organization think mechanics and injuries will catch up with him. Some comparisons to Lincecum from rival evaluators.

Not the most positive article when you're trying to trade a guy.

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 08:25 AM)
Basically that some in the organization think mechanics and injuries will catch up with him. Some comparisons to Lincecum from rival evaluators.

Not the most positive article when you're trying to trade a guy.

I wonder which outside GM wrote that for Olney?

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 11:17 AM)
Hahn wanted to rebuild before 2013. He wanted to sell off Samardzija in 2015 and he wanted to trade off guys in July. You'll complain all day and everyday about the Sox but you're not actually saying anything of substance. Right now, we're barely in the offseason. The CBA just signed into agreement on Thursday. The Winter Meetings started a less than a handful of hours ago. Would you at least wait until January before your continue your routine?

I am not sure how you're not annoyed by yourself parroting the same stuff over and over again. Doesn't it get old? Nobody around here is happy with the way things have gone. Nobody is arguing they've gone well. If you have gripes, say it specifically. Your constant general complaining about what "many said" or "everyone thought" is beyond trite at this point. It's a shame because unlike others who do something of the same, you are capable of being a great contributor to the forum. Instead, you choose to fear monger and overreact to the first few hours of inactivity.

Post of the year!!!!

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 04:03 PM)
Rick Hahn said there is no direct order to the teams trading plan. He did confirm that they have been very active in trade talks

https://twitter.com/MLBBruceLevine/status/805893590090190848

Confused if order means "which piece goes first" or order as in there was no top-down directive given to rebuild.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 04:03 PM)
Rick Hahn said there is no direct order to the teams trading plan. He did confirm that they have been very active in trade talks

https://twitter.com/MLBBruceLevine/status/805893590090190848

Like usual, operating with no real conviction or methodically aligned plan.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 04:09 PM)
Like usual, operating with no real conviction or methodically aligned plan.

You think it makes sense for him to come out and say we plan on trading our most valuable assets for the best package we can get?

That'd be dumb.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 04:13 PM)
You think it makes sense for him to come out and say we plan on trading our most valuable assets for the best package we can get?

That'd be dumb.

I am being hard on him and took that statement out of context because he literally never has a concrete direction with any answer he ever gives.