White Sox News FA / Rumors / News

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 04:16 PM)
I am being hard on him and took that statement out of context because he literally never has a concrete direction with any answer he ever gives.

Because it gives him literally zero competitive advantage to share his plans or the team direction. None.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 04:21 PM)
Because it gives him literally zero competitive advantage to share his plans or the team direction. None.

OMG dude I understand that.

It doesnt stop him from having a plan and being transparent with some things in the media. Other executives handle it well and still lose no competitive advantage. Maybe Hahn's biggest problem is that he has no tact. If that is all it is than everything will be forgiven after his awesome moves pan out.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 02:30 PM)

It doesnt stop him from having a plan and being transparent with some things in the media. Other executives handle it well and still lose no competitive advantage. Maybe Hahn's biggest problem is that he has no tact. If that is all it is than everything will be forgiven after his awesome moves pan out.

He's a lawyer...he's trained to say a lot of words that don't pigeonhole him into any particular position :)

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 10:17 AM)
Hahn wanted to rebuild before 2013. He wanted to sell off Samardzija in 2015 and he wanted to trade off guys in July. You'll complain all day and everyday about the Sox but you're not actually saying anything of substance. Right now, we're barely in the offseason. The CBA just signed into agreement on Thursday. The Winter Meetings started a less than a handful of hours ago. Would you at least wait until January before your continue your routine?

I am not sure how you're not annoyed by yourself parroting the same stuff over and over again. Doesn't it get old? Nobody around here is happy with the way things have gone. Nobody is arguing they've gone well. If you have gripes, say it specifically. Your constant general complaining about what "many said" or "everyone thought" is beyond trite at this point. It's a shame because unlike others who do something of the same, you are capable of being a great contributor to the forum. Instead, you choose to fear monger and overreact to the first few hours of inactivity.

Rabbit:

Guess you got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

I'm simply repeating what I read on these exact forums this trading deadline when many "experts" including some here were saying the Sox will be better off waiting. That may turn out to be the case. But IF the report I quoted is true simple logic says that the number of interested suitors is dropping.

Personally to me it is "typical" Sox luck that despite having one of the best trading assets in recent memory they may not be able to move him at all to start the rebuilding process. I mean that's so White Sox isn't it?

I don't have a dog in the hunt...either way the Sox won't be going anywhere for the next few seasons regardless of what direction they take.

I'm just hoping to outlive current ownership and hope for better days down the road.

Mark

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 04:30 PM)

Ha, yet he has no conviction or plan? Got it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 04:33 PM)
He's a lawyer...he's trained to say a lot of words that don't pigeonhole him into any particular position :)

Not to mention that he has flat out said at times that if the truth isn't beneficial to the teams position, they won't make it public.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 04:38 PM)
Rabbit:

Guess you got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

I'm simply repeating what I read on these exact forums this trading deadline when many "experts" including some here were saying the Sox will be better off waiting. That may turn out to be the case. But IF the report I quoted is true simple logic says that the number of interested suitors is dropping.

Personally to me it is "typical" Sox luck that despite having one of the best trading assets in recent memory they may not be able to move him at all to start the rebuilding process. I mean that's so White Sox isn't it?

I don't have a dog in the hunt...either way the Sox won't be going anywhere for the next few seasons regardless of what direction they take.

I'm just hoping to outlive current ownership and hope for better days down the road.

Mark

In order for this to be wrong, there would have to be proof that there were either better offers or more suitors at the break. Seemingly neither one is true. This off season has seen Houston, Atlanta, and Washington come to the forefront. There is also no reports that show that top prospects were available at the break. I think the closest was that LA MIGHT consider Urias. But, for example, out of Boston the report was that Moncada was a no go, and that the Red Sox didn't want to include Benindendi. I have yet to see a single report that shows a team is offering less than they were at the break. Not a single one.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 05:47 PM)
That's a stretch. He used a reporter's tweet (that's since been contradicted by other reports) on the market for Sale as his basis for the Sox incompetence. The reporter didn't say "Kenny Williams is more ego getting by on past performance than he is a modern baseball mind. The team didn't have a functioning Latin American operation for several years. Ownership constrained the team in hiring processes and in drafting domestically for several years." But you bring a good point, maybe Lip, and others, can just complain all the time like Eeyore so if the Sox incompetence is continued they can say "I was right" or "That's how it had been for years!" However, others want to have constructive conversation about pertinent happenings as opposed to rehashing the same stuff over and over again and diluting a new report to the White Sox being incompetent even if that report had no relevance to the White Sox incompetence.

I see things haven't changed much while i was away for the semester. I'm sticking to only medical or mechanics issues from now on.

All of this "prone to injury motivating trade" bulls*** from Olney citing a White Sox source is complete bulls***. Why on earth would ANYONE on the Sox say ANYTHING close to that when they're trying to trade Sale. Bulls*** lies bulls*** bulls*** bulls***.

Edit: it should also show us all just how much of the stuff out there is all bulls*** at this point. Posturing posturing posturing... misinformation lies and more lies.

Edited by hi8is

Phil Rodgers just went on MLB network and said the Red Sox are interested in Sale and Robertson, and supposedly Moncada may not be totally untouchable. Felt a bit like speculation based on a few conversations that he's had, but it's encouraging nonetheless.

QUOTE (Username @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 07:34 PM)
Phil Rodgers just went on MLB network and said the Red Sox are interested in Sale and Robertson, and supposedly Moncada may not be totally untouchable. Felt a bit like speculation based on a few conversations that he's had, but it's encouraging nonetheless.

That is encouraging. I still like Boston the most.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 07:31 PM)
Buster Olney said that the Sox asking price in July from Boston was Betts, Benintendi, and prospects lol

Exactly. Maybe the reason talks didn't progress is because that isn't serious.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 07:25 PM)
Jesse Rogers ‏@ESPNChiCubs 1m1 minute ago

Jed Hoyer: “I don’t think we’re the Chicago team that’s going to be making headlines.”

A sign that most believe the White Sox are likely to move Chris Sale in the near future. Interesting that Quintana's (and Rodon) name haven't come up much and it's all focused on Sale. If they end up making a great trade on Sale, why not go all the way here and commit to a full rebuild vs. something in the middle where they land 2-3 young players who could fill in positions offensively?

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 06:45 PM)
I see things haven't changed much while i was away for the semester. I'm sticking to only medical or mechanics issues from now on.

Yep, you are not missing a thing. Been spending alot of time listening to and editing my music collection. Until something breaks I don't have a whole lot to contribute that hasn't already been said so I'll keep doing my music thing until then.

Bowden: The White Sox and Nationals are far down the road on a trade that will send Chris Sale to the Nationals in exchange for Lucas Giolito, Victor Robles and a low minor leaguer. Reynaldo Lopez and Koda Glover will not be in the proposed deal. The structure of the deal was first reported by Ken Rosenthal.