White Sox News FA / Rumors / News

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 06:39 PM)
whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 13s14 seconds ago

Rumor on the hot stove is the #Dodgers and #WhiteSox are discussing Sale & Frazier in a package deal to LA for a big prospect return

Do the Dodgers have enough prospects for both of them?

I'd be happy with Sale to the Dodgers. He'd be out of the AL and Kershaw and Sale would be hard for that north side team to beat in the playoffs.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 07:39 PM)
whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 13s14 seconds ago

Rumor on the hot stove is the #Dodgers and #WhiteSox are discussing Sale & Frazier in a package deal to LA for a big prospect return

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 7m7 minutes ago

Heard it from two separate sources today from two separate organizations - not sure how advanced talks are at this time

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 4m4 minutes ago

I wouldn't have tweeted this had the second source not preemptively reached out to me. Also please stop asking if Seager would be involved

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 06:53 AM)
sources: Braves r among teams showing strong interest in chris sale. they have the pieces to get it done, too. great farm!

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/798505225766178816

You don't need to post everything in 3 different threads. I think the regulars who come here would end up seeing the post in one thread at some point fairly quickly. Especially if there is a thread for it.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 08:07 AM)
You don't need to post everything in 3 different threads. I think the regulars who come here would end up seeing the post in one thread at some point fairly quickly. Especially if there is a thread for it.

Well i didnt post it in 3 different threads. I posted it here for twitter only post and created its one thread since it the first time that the braves are talking about it so ya

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 02:12 PM)
Well i didnt post it in 3 different threads. I posted it here for twitter only post and created its one thread since it the first time that the braves are talking about it so ya

So there! Ney-ner-ney-ner-nerrrr

David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Chris Sale is the Braves' "focus" as they look to acquire a starter.

O'Brien confirms reports that the Braves have inquired on Chris Archer and Sonny Gray, but it appears they're devoting most of their attention to Sale. The Braves almost surely aren't ready to compete for a playoff spot in 2017, but getting Sale would obviously help them be competitive in the first year in their new ballpark. The lefty has a very team-friendly contract that runs through 2019. Atlanta has the necessary pieces to get something done with the White Sox.

"One general manager says that Jose Quintana‘s name didn’t come up in talks with the White Sox, leading the GM “to believe they’d like to hold on to him. [Chris] Sale was mentioned, [Carlos] Rodon was mentioned and all the others, but not Quintana.” Reports have the White Sox ready to listen on any player who isn’t under long-term control, though Quintana technically doesn’t fit this description. He is under contract through 2019 with a club option for 2020, and given how Quintana has pitched during his career, that early-career extension has become a bargain for the Sox. Rodon’s inclusion is interesting, as the highly-touted lefty can’t hit free agency until after the 2021 season, though just because Rodon’s name may have been mentioned in discussions obviously isn’t any sign that Chicago is exploring trades."

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rodon traded. He made a comment before the season ended about how it would be a sad day if Sale was traded from the White Sox. I was under the impression that Hahn wasn't too thrilled with Rodons comments about Sale being traded. The team might have a situation where both Sale and Rodon will be traded. We'll have a Triple AAA pitching staff if those two are moved.

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Nov 19, 2016 -> 03:42 PM)
I wouldn't be surprised to see Rodon traded. He made a comment before the season ended about how it would be a sad day if Sale was traded from the White Sox. I was under the impression that Hahn wasn't too thrilled with Rodons comments about Sale being traded. The team might have a situation where both Sale and Rodon will be traded. We'll have a Triple AAA pitching staff if those two are moved.

What? Hahn would be mad at Rodon and trade him because he said he would miss Sale? Surely you can't be serious.

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Nov 19, 2016 -> 03:42 PM)

Rodon is probably talked about because the White Sox know he will never extend.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 20, 2016 -> 12:20 AM)
Jeff PassanVerified account

‏@JeffPassan

Sale, Quintana, Frazier and Robertson fits what the Dodgers need. And White Sox like Bellinger, Verdugo, DeLeon, Calhoun and Yasiel Puig.

Fine. Q and Frazier for those 5.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 20, 2016 -> 12:20 AM)
Jeff PassanVerified account

‏@JeffPassan

Sale, Quintana, Frazier and Robertson fits what the Dodgers need. And White Sox like Bellinger, Verdugo, DeLeon, Calhoun and Yasiel Puig.

The best player in that package is Bellinger. And even he doesn't impress me all that much. We are talking about Chris Sale here.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Nov 21, 2016 -> 08:43 PM)
The best player in that package is Bellinger. And even he doesn't impress me all that much. We are talking about Chris Sale here.

The story mentions three top of the line veteran stars going to LA for a handful of prospects. Stupid story