White Sox News FA / Rumors / News

Chisoxfn

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zonk

12:08 After years of dithering, the White Sox seem to be running the offseason as you suggested. Are you impressed so far?

Dave Cameron

12:08 Yeah, hard to argue with what they've done. I think Giolito is a bit overrated, so I don't think the Eaton deal was the huge steal other people are talking about, but these were good moves.

CarrotJuice

12:09 Clearly the Nats had soured on Giolito. To the best of your knowledge, have multiple teams soured on Giolito as well?

Dave Cameron

12:09 Yep. Pretty much everyone I talked to at the winter meetings said their internal rankings were much lower on Giolito than the public ones.

Minty

12:16 How does the switching of the Sox affect your outlook on Moncada?

Dave Cameron

12:17 Probably helps him, as the White Sox won't try to rush him to help a team contend. Plus, more likely he can switch to CF now, which is probably his best long-term position, I think.

Rob

12:20 What team do you see as the most likely landing spot for Quintana? Could Pittsburgh be a sleeper considering his contract?

Dave Cameron

12:20 Houston makes too much sense.

Charley

12:20 Is it smarter for Rick Hahn to hold on to Abreu until July or next off-season considering the glut of hitters available this year?

Dave Cameron

12:20 Yep

AJ

12:35 Hi Dave/ When the smoke clears, who else do the White Sox move? I think Robertson is a definite. Don't think there is enough of a market for Abreu and Frazier. And I don't think anyone meets Quintana's asking price. Thanks.

Dave Cameron

12:36 I'd bet Robertson, Quintana, Melky, and Frazier all go before Opening Day. Might take an injury in spring training to jumpstart a deal for one of those guys, but I don't think they hold onto any of those guys. Abreu sticks around until next year when there's a thinner RH 1B free agent class.

Chat Guy

1:01 If Kopech is getting Syndergaard comparisons, what comparison was Syndergaard getting at the same development point as Kopech?

Dave Cameron

1:02 Well Syndergaard didn't throw 100 when he was in the low minors. His velo spiked as he climbed the ladder.

Have to set your DVR to record hot stove every day . As long as the Sox are in the headlines for their past and future moves and the rumors flying it's fun to watch. A lot of fluff on the show but since the winter meetings I've seen numerous guys talking about the Sox .,,Heyman , Morosi , Rosenthal , Dan Hayes, Rogers, Joel Sherman , Merkin .

By the way here's the link to it http://m.mlb.com/cws/video/?content_id=121...14&c_id=cws . It's on the Sox website. It's not the whole phone call so don't know if it's much.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 07:00 PM)
Have to set your DVR to record hot stove every day . As long as the Sox are in the headlines for their past and future moves and the rumors flying it's fun to watch. A lot of fluff on the show but since the winter meetings I've seen numerous guys talking about the Sox .,,Heyman , Morosi , Rosenthal , Dan Hayes, Rogers, Joel Sherman , Merkin .

By the way here's the link to it http://m.mlb.com/cws/video/?content_id=121...14&c_id=cws . It's on the Sox website. It's not the whole phone call so don't know if it's much.

One of the few downsides of cutting the cable cord.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (ventura_abreu @ Dec 31, 2016 -> 04:12 PM)
Will we end up keeping Quintana...

Looking more likely by the day.

...but end up trading the veterans Frazier...

They're probably hoping to trade him at the deadline.

...Abreu...

I doubt it now with the Moncada connection and the saturated 1B market.... coupled with Jose's value being down. Abreu isn't likely to go anywhere for all of 2017 IMO.

...Robertson...

They probably want to trade him now but are content having him build value and will look to trade him to a contender at the deadline ala Chapman / Miller last year.

Mark Polishuk on MLB Rumors says teams are calling and kicking the tires on Frazier and Abreu. Will we end up keeping Quintana but end up trading the veterans Frazier, Abreu, and Robertson?

poop.

Edited by hi8is