2017 Season TicketPrice Increase

palehose1

I don't post very often but follow this site daily. I have been a season ticket holder since 1991 (I share my 4 full season diamond boxes with 5 other guys). I received my season ticket renewal package last night and the cover letter made no mention of a price increase but I just compared to last years invoice and the tickets went up 7%! This is the largest increase I remember in 25 years. Isnt that strange timing giving the lack of general interest in the team and the potential for a rebuild? We will renew because we have excellent seats by the vistors on deck circle and hey the Sox are a huge part of my life but Im feeling a bit taken advantage of... Did other areas see a large increase or are they just slamming the premium boxes?

I'm getting the impression the organization doesn't really care what the fans think. I received my renewal season ticket package this week. I've called my sales rep a few times to get some information about my package. She hasn't called me back as of yet. Looking at the season ticket brochure it seems to me that they don't have alot of sales reps working for them. You would think somebody would have the decency to call me back. I'm getting the feeling that the organization is really preparing for a real bad 2017 White Sox baseball season. I hope I'm wrong but that's how I'm reading this. Other teams have already made some moves to improve their teams for 2017. The White Sox have done nothing so far.

QUOTE (palehose1 @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 03:47 PM)
I don't post very often but follow this site daily. I have been a season ticket holder since 1991 (I share my 4 full season diamond boxes with 5 other guys). I received my season ticket renewal package last night and the cover letter made no mention of a price increase but I just compared to last years invoice and the tickets went up 7%! This is the largest increase I remember in 25 years. Isnt that strange timing giving the lack of general interest in the team and the potential for a rebuild? We will renew because we have excellent seats by the vistors on deck circle and hey the Sox are a huge part of my life but Im feeling a bit taken advantage of... Did other areas see a large increase or are they just slamming the premium boxes?

My season tickets 27 game plan was lower they going rebuild.

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 07:00 PM)
I'm getting the impression the organization doesn't really care what the fans think. I received my renewal season ticket package this week. I've called my sales rep a few times to get some information about my package. She hasn't called me back as of yet. Looking at the season ticket brochure it seems to me that they don't have alot of sales reps working for them. You would think somebody would have the decency to call me back. I'm getting the feeling that the organization is really preparing for a real bad 2017 White Sox baseball season. I hope I'm wrong but that's how I'm reading this. Other teams have already made some moves to improve their teams for 2017. The White Sox have done nothing so far.

It's the 2nd week of the offseason...calm down.

They're gouging those dedicated companies and individuals that make up 80% of their attendance. That they're not charging more (or increasing rates) for lesser packages should cause many diehard fans to seriously reconsider how important loyalty to a team really is...and feeling the atmosphere there compared to Wrigley now...feels like Clinton HQ around 11 p.m. Tuesday night.

Making the Southside/Chicago G-Rate Again, apparently?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 12, 2016 -> 06:35 AM)
They're gouging those dedicated companies and individuals that make up 80% of their attendance. That they're not charging more (or increasing rates) for 27 would cause many diehard fans to seriously reconsider how important loyalty to a team really is...and feeling the atmosphere there compared to Wrigley now...feels like Clinton HQ around 11 p.m. Tuesday night.

Making the Southside/Chicago G-Rate Again, apparently?

I got a decrease on my 27 game plan.

Looks like mine went up 7% but since I used all of my tickets I get a 5% discount, so it comes out a little less than 2% on the increase. Considering a pre season party at the Chi Sox Bar and Geill with free food and drink, a season ticket holder party, and 2 free games with patio party included and what I pay, it still is probably less than the Schqumburg Boomers.

They hate the fans.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 12, 2016 -> 07:08 AM)
Looks like mine went up 7% but since I used all of my tickets I get a 5% discount, so it comes out a little less than 2% on the increase. Considering a pre season party at the Chi Sox Bar and Geill with free food and drink, a season ticket holder party, and 2 free games with patio party included and what I pay, it still is probably less than the Schqumburg Boomers.

They hate the fans.

You really are one of kind. If they're actually going to rebuild and raised season ticket prices by 7%, then you should absolutely be pissed. That's so f***ing ridiculous I'm not sure how anyone could defend them.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 12, 2016 -> 07:19 AM)
You really are one of kind. If they're actually going to rebuild and raised season ticket prices by 7%, then you should absolutely be pissed. That's so f***ing ridiculous I'm not sure how anyone could defend them.

I think they raised the prices on the cheapest of the cheap,a nod maybe some others but not all. Someone here already said his went down. Probably has something downstairs. I have upper deck reserved. This " increase" will cost me about $14 total for 2 seats with my discount. So about 25 cents a game. They also threw in 2 free games with patio party, and 2 other parties.

The bastards.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 12, 2016 -> 07:25 AM)
I think they raised the prices on the cheapest of the cheap. Someone here already said his went down. Probably has something downstairs. I have upper deck reserved. This " increase" will cost me about $14 total for 2 seats with my discount. So about 25 cents a game. They also threw in 2 free games with patio party, and 2 other parties.

The bastards.

That's BULL$H!T!!!

Do you know what I could do with $14??

I think they raised the prices on the cheapest of the cheap,a nod maybe some others but not all. Someone here already said his went down. Probably has something downstairs. I have upper deck reserved. This " increase" will cost me about $14 total for 2 seats with my discount. So about 25 cents a game. They also threw in 2 free games with patio party, and 2 other parties.

The bastards.

Are the two free games and two parties new this year? You didn't get those last season?

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 12, 2016 -> 07:53 AM)
Are the two free games and two parties new this year? You didn't get those last season?

No, I received those last year. My package cost $297 a ticket last year for all Weekend games and 1 Cubs. Even on groupon the lower eserved with patio is at least $50, so 2 of those, a season ticket holder party before the season and during the season with free food and drink.

Plus they give you discounts up to 5 % on next season determined by the percentage of your tickets that were used.

Can you name another MLB team I can get anywhere close to that?

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 12, 2016 -> 07:58 AM)
No, I received those last year. My package cost $297 a ticket last year for all Weekend games and 1 Cubs. Even on groupon the lower eserved with patio is at least $50, so 2 of those, a season ticket holder party before the season and during the season with free food and drink.

Plus they give you discounts up to 5 % on next season determined by the percentage of your tickets that were used.

So you're getting nothing new and receiving a 7% price increase. I get it's only 2% effectively with the 5% discount, but you earned that by using all your tickets and spending $8.75 a beer and $9.00 a hot dog at those 27 games. I think you should be pissed about that because you are an incredibly loyal fan who commits a lot of time and energy to this team. I won't argue that you're still not receiving a ton of value with your particular package, but I don't like the messaging this price increase sends on the cusp of a rebuild. And for full season tickets holders in the lower bowl, 7% is a big chunk of money.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 12, 2016 -> 08:51 AM)
So you're getting nothing new and receiving a 7% price increase. I get it's only 2% effectively with the 5% discount, but you earned that by using all your tickets and spending $8.75 a beer and $9.00 a hot dog at those 27 games. I think you should be pissed about that because you are an incredibly loyal fan who commits a lot of time and energy to this team. I won't argue that you're still not receiving a ton of value with your particular package, but I don't like the messaging this price increase sends on the cusp of a rebuild. And for full season tickets holders in the lower bowl, 7% is a big chunk of money.

Well you really don't have to spend any money on food and drink if you don't want to.

White Sox tickets at one time were among the highest priced in baseball. They are below average right now. They haven't raised prices except some were raised and some were lowered when they split the premium lower box into 3 tiers since 2012.

I would rather they not increase it, but it is understandable they would eventually. a poster here says his went down, so right now it appears only selected seats have increased. We will see. The thing is, if I don't like it I can always say no. I did rail on the White Sox in 2009 for raising ticket prices and lowering payroll, but I was upset because they had my non refundable playoff money, and it is a scenario you really cannot say no.

I used to have full season premium club for many years until my friend I shared them with was in an accident and died. So I cut back to this and get my wife to go. It really is a great deal, and if you know what you are doing, can sit just about anywhere you want.

The other thing is, they have no problem selling their best seats. You can't get tickets from them in the first 10 rows of the infield. if someone bails, they will fill them with established ticket holders.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 12, 2016 -> 08:58 AM)

Seriously...i can't believe some people are complaining about White Sox ticket prices...go get a Cubs package or some other big market team and see if you're still complaining about Sox ticket prices.

The bastards.

when you have seats go from a little over $50 per game per ticket to $54 that's significant. Our invoice went up like $1200. I don't mind paying that when they put out a good product but these last few years have been awful. If I cant make a game and have to sell n Stubhub I usually take a loss. I'm sure if someone did a study of the Cubs or other big market teams the resale value % is much higher, the Sox have to be near the bottom the league in resale value. Of course we could always cancel our plan but we wont, just too loyal to the team and its part of my summers for many years. It just doesn't seem like great timing to raise product prices 7% when you are having quality issues.

QUOTE (palehose1 @ Nov 12, 2016 -> 10:04 AM)
when you have seats go from a little over $50 per game per ticket to $54 that's significant. Our invoice went up like $1200. I don't mind paying that when they put out a good product but these last few years have been awful. If I cant make a game and have to sell n Stubhub I usually take a loss. I'm sure if someone did a study of the Cubs or other big market teams the resale value % is much higher, the Sox have to be near the bottom the league in resale value. Of course we could always cancel our plan but we wont, just too loyal to the team and its part of my summers for many years. It just doesn't seem like great timing to raise product prices 7% when you are having quality issues.

You wouldn't like Cubs prices. And they will certainly rise.Well over double what you are paying for a comparable seat, and when they were losing before last year, resellers were taking quite a bath, losing more than if you just ate them. While 1200 is significant, if you were willing to pay $50 a seat, $54 really isn't a big deal, although I am curious why they didn't address it. That seems a bit strange for them.

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2015/11/13/...rmation-pricing

The problem you have is your seats are too good. They would have no problem finding someone to take them if you gave them up. I have been around since the final season at the old park and skipping a season after my friends death. Our first year we had upper deck boxes and they were pretty far down the line. They would now be classified upper deck reserved,a don ironically are about the same price they were when the park opened. We eventually made our way to premium club level, and those we loved. They used to always jack up the prices $1 a ticket every year for a while, but seemed to stop that 5 or 6 years ago.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Scoots @ Nov 12, 2016 -> 11:11 AM)
Seriously...i can't believe some people are complaining about White Sox ticket prices...go get a Cubs package or some other big market team and see if you're still complaining about Sox ticket prices.

They get what the market can bear. That they are raising prices this much after the last few years is just another data point that this ownership group is absolutely clueless. There's a reason the Cubs, Red Sox, Yankees etc charge what they do. Demand.

I don't see much demand for Sox tickets, do you?

Edited by chitownsportsfan