Will Brett Lawrie be Non-Tendered?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 08:40 AM)
If this is pretty much official, it is the first domino in a rebuild. It isn't like Lawrie was due a ton of money. It isn't like Saldino has been the picture of health during his career and is actually older than him.

I liked his energy, and power. everything considered, it probably isn't a huge loss because he had the one year anyway. But I don't think I would have punted.

I think it is far from official with no word from the Sox. Perhaps they've alerted him that they plan to move on, although that would seem like a dumb move as it takes away any degree of leverage they had in trade talks.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 09:08 AM)
I think it is far from official with no word from the Sox. Perhaps they've alerted him that they plan to move on, although that would seem like a dumb move as it takes away any degree of leverage they had in trade talks.

I thought someone had something since the title of the thread changed.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 10:46 AM)
Just doesnt make sense if a rebuild is on, especially if they are planning on shopping Frazier

Agreed. He'd be fine as a stop gap at third or second even. Only thing I could think of is he was bad in the clubhouse and it just wasn't reported or his injury is worse than expected.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 10:49 AM)
I should clarify - I didn't mean that is non-tendered but more that he is done. The non tender date is December 2nd so they wouldn't have to dump him until then. They're probably looking to trade him. If they don't find a middle reliever prospect with control issues or starter prospect with strikeout issues or athletic outfield prospect who strikes out and doesn't hit for average then they dump Lawrie.

This is what I suggested yesterday. He isn't going to bring a lot back in a deal. The types of players you described are likely the types we would get back.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 10:49 AM)
I should clarify - I didn't mean that is non-tendered but more that he is done. The non tender date is December 2nd so they wouldn't have to dump him until then. They're probably looking to trade him. If they don't find a middle reliever prospect with control issues or starter prospect with strikeout issues or athletic outfield prospect who strikes out and doesn't hit for average then they dump Lawrie.

Sounds like the White Sox had Brett Lawrie wear some kind of orthotics in his shoes. Lawrie thinks they are what caused his injuries and he's had a falling out with the training staff. He gone in some fashion.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 11:50 AM)
i am already sick of the orthotics discussion with Lawrie. Dude has been injury prone for his entire career

+1 to this. Why should a guy consistently on the DL get the benefit of the doubt on this? Seems to me he's talking up trash on his way out.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 11:50 AM)
i am already sick of the orthotics discussion with Lawrie. Dude has been injury prone for his entire career

Yeah. I questioned the merits of move assuming pure production lines of thought, but if he is gonna be a cancer in locker room, no reason to keep him.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 12:55 PM)
Hmmm. Not really any disparaging comments towards the Sox, but interesting nonetheless.

He said "they put me in orthotics", seems like he is blaming the sox for his injuries. You can blame the Sox for a lot of things, but bad medical decisions arent normally one of them

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 01:00 PM)
He said "they put me in orthotics", seems like he is blaming the sox for his injuries. You can blame the Sox for a lot of things, but bad medical decisions arent normally one of them

But that doesn't mean it can't happen. I can totally understand where Lawrie could be coming from and be angry at the team staff. I was misdiagnosed with Meneres Disease earlier in the year by a doctor I thought I had a lot of faith in. Needless to say, I would never go back to that office again after finding out from a second opinion that their staff (including the doctor) misread my test results. When a big life-altering (and in Lawrie's case, career threatening) mistake is made it is incredibly hard to have that same level of confidence exist even if they are as accredited as the Sox. Lawrie seems like the type of volatile personality that would rub people the wrong way after something like this. A Swisher 2.0 if given the chance. And I'm not saying this is the Sox fault either, we have no clue who his cryptic tweets are directed to.

Edited by CWSpalehoseCWS

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 30, 2016 -> 10:02 AM)
Unless there's a lockout or he gets traded, they'll announce something on Friday.

Avisail safe under a rebuild mode?

This. If this is indeed happening, they are probably trying to trade him in some form, whether that means dumped for a minimal return, or included in a bigger deal. No reason to not spend the next four days trying to deal him.