White Sox focused on Rebuild

GGajewski18

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in a White Sox group chat on twitter. Over the past couple days, Ozzie Guillen Jr has been in there. He came in today and said that he's heard the Sox are close to trading Sale and Frazier to the Dodgers. That's all he had. No idea if it's true or not. Just thought I'd pass along.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 09:10 AM)
I'm in a White Sox group chat on twitter. Over the past couple days, Ozzie Guillen Jr has been in there. He came in today and said that he's heard the Sox are close to trading Sale and Frazier to the Dodgers. That's all he had. No idea if it's true or not. Just thought I'd pass along.

That makes sense. I presume they aren't going to go long term with Justin Turner, which would make Frazier a good fit for them. They certainly have the pieces.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 11:10 AM)

Are you serious? I don't have access to Twitter right now. I wonder what connections (if any) he has to the organization at this point.

Doubt he would know what is going on. Or even his father for that matter.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 11:12 AM)
That makes sense. I presume they aren't going to go long term with Justin Turner, which would make Frazier a good fit for them. They certainly have the pieces.

What's funny is they could have had him last year if they just cut the Sox out of the three-team deal involving the Reds, Dodgers and the Sox haha

If true, I imagine Urias, Puig, and De Leon are in the deal.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 11:18 AM)
I really don't like the Dodgers as a landing spot for Sale from our perspective. Q, possibly, but not Sale.

Agreed. Not enough offensive pieces. If you trade Sale to the Dodgers, pretty much have to trade Q and Jones to Boston for as much offensive talent as you can get.

I assume they won't be trade Joc.

Edited by ChiSox59

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 11:20 AM)
Sale AND Frazier? Give me Urias, De Leon, Verdugo, Bellinger, Lux, and Puig/Pederson

Even that package isn't satisfactory to me, especially for both Sale and Frazier. I'd much rather talk to Boston (or maybe even Houston) and see if something can happen with them first.

QUOTE (GREEDY @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 11:27 AM)
Biggest problem with all of these trades is that the players we are receiving in return

A. Are mostly mlb ready and won't allow the Sox to tank for top picks.

B. Have only a year or two tops more team control than Sale/Q.

What? There's no guarantee they will be stars right away lol they will have their struggles and may never end up being good.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 11:28 AM)
Being totally unfamiliar with the Dodgers system in general, do they have any catching depth?

If you consider Barnes a catcher?

Dodgers have MLB players ready in Urias and De Leon. Bellinger and Verdugo finished the year in AAA and they both are 21.