White Sox focused on Rebuild

GGajewski18

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 12:28 PM)
What? There's no guarantee they will be stars right away lol they will have their struggles and may never end up being good.

That is the spirit.

I just think it would be much wiser to acquire players that are at least a year away. I don't want anyone that will help the team win games in 2017.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 09:48 AM)
I like the first 4 pieces.

Edit: Scratch that; I like Barnes too. I guess Puig is fine as a last piece, throw-in guy but I don't see the Dodgers feeling the same way.

Yea, well that was what my friend was saying... implying it was too much for the Dodgers to give up. I told him any deal for Sale would have to return "to much".

😆

If a deal does pan out somewhere, just kind of sad seeing his talent that was brought up in our system and never seeing him pitch a playoff game with us. Fans wanted to see it bad and so did he.

n to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.","calculating":"Calculating","waiting":"Waiting","will_start_buffering_when_initialized":"Will start buffering when initialized","will_start_playing_when_initialized":"Will start playing when initialized","completed":"Completed","buffering_stalled":"Buffering is stalled. Will stop.","stopped":"Stopped","hr":"Hr","min":"Min","sec":"Sec","any_moment":"Any Moment","popup_donate_to":"Donate to","extension_id":null},"prefs":{"desktopNotification":true,"soundNotification":true,"logLevel":0,"enable":true,"loop":false,"hidePopup":false,"autoPlay":true,"autoBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBufferPercentage":42,"autoPlayOnSmartBuffer":true,"quality":"default","fshd":false,"onlyNotification":false,"enableFullScreen":true,"saveBandwidth":false,"hideAnnotations":false,"turnOffPagedBuffering":false}}">

QUOTE (Rooftop Shots @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 11:55 AM)
If a deal does pan out somewhere, just kind of sad seeing his talent that was brought up in our system and never seeing him pitch a playoff game with us. Fans wanted to see it bad and so did he.

n to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.","calculating":"Calculating","waiting":"Waiting","will_start_buffering_when_initialized":"Will start buffering when initialized","will_start_playing_when_initialized":"Will start playing when initialized","completed":"Completed","buffering_stalled":"Buffering is stalled. Will stop.","stopped":"Stopped","hr":"Hr","min":"Min","sec":"Sec","any_moment":"Any Moment","popup_donate_to":"Donate to","extension_id":null},"prefs":{"desktopNotification":true,"soundNotification":true,"logLevel":0,"enable":true,"loop":false,"hidePopup":false,"autoPlay":true,"autoBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBufferPercentage":42,"autoPlayOnSmartBuffer":true,"quality":"default","fshd":false,"onlyNotification":false,"enableFullScreen":true,"saveBandwidth":false,"hideAnnotations":false,"turnOffPagedBuffering":false}}">

wow NO idea what happened on that post just hit reply

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 11:33 AM)
They actually have quite a few guys: http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2016?list=la

Austin Barnes is always the guy that's mentioned. He can play multiple spots though.

Looking at the list, I see a lot of position players in that top 10, more specifically a lot of guys who can fill the big holes that this team has... if they work out.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 11:28 AM)
Dodgers have plenty of prospects on both sides of the ball. If we could get Cody Bellinger I'd be ecstatic. That kid is going to be an All Star. His stats are very good but not great, but he has always been one of the youngest players in his respective league. I would be ecstatic if we got him without moving Sale. He'd basically have to be involved in a Sale trade though.

Like both Urias and De Leon, but Bellinger is the big piece there for me. 30 HR potential with a plus glove at first. Still a lot of swing and miss to his game, but he takes his walks. Left handed power bat too.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 11:57 AM)
I don't know if Ozzie JR. Has solid info or he is just playing games, but the Guillens do know a lot of people, so it wouldn't surprise me he has info.

As long as they have spent around baseball, and with as much as Ozzie is loved by some people, I have no doubt they have access to privileged information through back channels. If nothing else, we know the media loves Ozzie.

As a Dodgers fan, this sort of trade seems to go against their new organizational philosophy set forth by the new ownership group. Build a strong farm system to feed the Major League team, make trades to fill holes on the ML roster and not "Blockbuster" trades that gut the farm system (so to speak) ...such as this would seem.

#shrug

As a fan of both teams, if this trade goes down, I can have my cake and eat it too :)

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 12:14 PM)
As a Dodgers fan, this sort of trade seems to go against their new organizational philosophy set forth by the new ownership group. Build a strong farm system to feed the Major League team, make trades to fill holes on the ML roster and not "Blockbuster" trades that gut the farm system (so to speak) ...such as this would seem.

#shrug

As a fan of both teams, if this trade goes down, I can have my cake and eat it too :)

Would it really "gut" their system though?

QUOTE (Tony @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 11:45 AM)
It shouldn't. If the package is solid, it should make you happy the Sox are on the path to becoming relevant again, and Sale helped moved that process along.

That's the thing, Tony. There's no way for me to trust the Sox talent evaluators to make the right decisions in regards to a return on a potential Sale trade. My absolute worst nightmare is for the Sox to trade the best pitcher in franchise history, a future hall of famer, for a bunch of guys that never pan out.